Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

looking again at hotel offers, they have added no gift cards etc to many of them, but not all of them, in the terms, likely 'updates' between repeats of offers though enforcement likely YMMV

hmm >
3 point offers not listed under amex offers
rather listed under : rewards / offers
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've read someone else get the $50 credit. Sounds like the $50 is posting, but not the 5K. I don't see why they would have different criteria to be met.
I’m annoyed now. Over a week and no points. Used Amex instead of Chase Ink Preferred, which gives me cell phone insurance.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Amex offers (time-limited)

Anyone use them?

Typically valid for a couple of months and for transactions of a few hundred dollars at most.

But there is one offer that the transaction has to be $2500 or greater and then you get 2500 MR points so in effect 2X.

There are also offers now for Best Buy so if you buy something major, I guess that could be 2X MR as well.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

single transaction?

many posts here re spend 1K get 1.5K / 2k get 3k / etc , in 3 months , up to 3 times

IIRC amex spg had 2x points on up to x with longer timeline than 3 months
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:28 pm
Suspended

I believe it was 3x.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did you mean the offer only gave bonus if you spent a large amount in a single transaction?

although IIRC there was a business card offer on that kind of thing for a period of time, but higher than $2.5K in past.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:35 pm
Suspended

I guess so, they're trying to encourage you to use the Everyday Amex this Holiday season.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
What is the status of multiple tab trick for same user? I have the Lyft promo in multiple cards. I will add them and make purchase, will report back, but not sure if there will be a claw back just like the staples offer. TIA.
Were you even successful in adding it to the multiple cards? (Same user multiple tabs stopped working for me on certain offers)
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by vm81
Does it work for gift card purchase?
Well, 3 x$25 Lyft GC transactions later, I got the e-mail from Amex saying I used my offer. Just waiting for the credit to post in a few days.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Well, 3 x$25 Lyft GC transactions later, I got the e-mail from Amex saying I used my offer. Just waiting for the credit to post in a few days.
I didn't think about Lyft GCs. Thanks for posting. Were they bought online or in app? The former I could mail to my cousin as a gift.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
I didn't think about Lyft GCs. Thanks for posting. Were they bought online or in app? The former I could mail to my cousin as a gift.
I bought mine through the app; but I'm fairly certain you can do it via web because I got an e-mail confirmation after my purchase, and it had a button for me to buy another one.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’ve used three offers in the past two months. Two triggered email and one did not. Of the two that did, got MR points for one with days and still no points for second one (nearly two weeks later). Had to chat three times to get credit for the one that didn’t trigger email. I’ve spent way too much time on these offers. CSR and Citi Prestige getting a lot more use from me in the last week and looking forward. I now remember why I quit even looking at Amex offers. PITA
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
... I’ve spent way too much time on these offers. CSR and Citi Prestige getting a lot more use from me in the last week and looking forward. I now remember why I quit even looking at Amex offers. PITA
How do CSR and Citi Prestige fit in the current context -- do they post rebates to your accounts with no effort on your part?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
How do CSR and Citi Prestige fit in the current context -- do they post rebates to your accounts with no effort on your part?
Fair point. Ultimately I value CSR UR more and I get 4th night free with Citi. Not going to bother with $60 off Marriott when I have to fight for it and get only 1 MR/$ spent there.

My main complaint was more that the value of the rebate is far reduced when you must spend an hour on chat and then follow up twice to get the credit or points.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

Fair point. Ultimately I value CSR UR more and I get 4th night free with Citi. Not going to bother with $60 off Marriott when I have to fight for it and get only 1 MR/$ spent there.

My main complaint was more that the value of the rebate is far reduced when you must spend an hour on chat and then follow up twice to get the credit or points.
Just a couple of counter-points: First, I got the $60 off Marriott credit just yesterday and 6 MR/$ with SPG Amex. The expenses spanned two 1-night stays, one of which was booked with points and only had incidentals charged to my room. Neither CSR nor Citi Prestige would have come close to that return. Second, I've gotten countless Amex offers and only had to call for one. One call, 5 minutes, credits posted without a fight.

We all have to make our own choices, but Amex Offers are pure lay-ups IMO.
jeepie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.