Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:47 am

same problem here on the website. as mentioned above app shows alot more than website, but still substantially less than yesterday.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Interesting. Same here. Went from 89 yesterday to 29 today.

Regards
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

whenever that happens to me (just did) it is only temporary (as it was this time)
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Confirmation emails for using AmEx Offers seem to be working again. ^ That feature was down for maybe a month or longer, and I was afraid it got discontinued. I like the reassurance that an offer was used correctly, so glad to see that those emails were not eliminated after all.
It seems stopped working again as of June 22nd Friday. I should have received at least 1 on an offer taken the first time, and may be another on an cumulative offer - neither one generates an confirmation email.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:31 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

For both the AmEx Exxon and Staples 10% rewards, I only got some of the cashback (in one or two days), but not all of them. It has been more than a week. Do you think the cashbacks will be rewarded at statement closing? Or something I should be concerned with?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by RedSun
For both the AmEx Exxon and Staples 10% rewards, I only got some of the cashback (in one or two days), but not all of them. It has been more than a week. Do you think the cashbacks will be rewarded at statement closing? Or something I should be concerned with?
I also've got some cashback for staples.com. I purchased a few $300 visas, and a few other closed loop GCs. Closed loop GCs were electronic, so they posted it earlier, on June 19th. I've got cashback for that on June 21st. Visas posted on June 20th, and still no cashback. I do see level 2 data on what I've purchased. Will they honor 10% cashback for visas or not?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Originally Posted by yugi
I also've got some cashback for staples.com. I purchased a few $300 visas, and a few other closed loop GCs. Closed loop GCs were electronic, so they posted it earlier, on June 19th. I've got cashback for that on June 21st. Visas posted on June 20th, and still no cashback. I do see level 2 data on what I've purchased. Will they honor 10% cashback for visas or not?

Did not hear that before, let's wait for sometime to see the dp. have time till November.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:44 pm

The hilton stay cash back offer is $50 back after spending $250 on room rate and room charges only. Does this mean excluding tax?

I have a $450 stay that I was going to reduce down to $250 ( including tax ) + points with this offer. Will that work or should I bring the room rate excluding taxes down to $250?

also, advanced payment rates are excluded, but cash and points stays are refundable/pay when you stay, so should be good for the promo right? Says nothing particular about points and cash, so I assume so.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

why would something not include tax or anything else that is a part of the charge?

seem to recall someone confirmed only reason advanced doesnt work is because of how charge gets sent by corporate to amex.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
The hilton stay cash back offer is $50 back after spending $250 on room rate and room charges only. Does this mean excluding tax?

I have a $450 stay that I was going to reduce down to $250 ( including tax ) + points with this offer. Will that work or should I bring the room rate excluding taxes down to $250?

also, advanced payment rates are excluded, but cash and points stays are refundable/pay when you stay, so should be good for the promo right? Says nothing particular about points and cash, so I assume so.
Despite the wording, it has always been the net​​​​ final charge to the card that counts, including all taxes, fees, tips, etc. You should be fine if the room rate is just under $250, but it shows as over that with (projected) taxes. Say, a $237 room rate costs closer to $260 after taxes.

As mentioned above, the system looks for stay charges from hotel properties themselves; AP bookings from Hilton Central are off that radar.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hilton portfolio spend $300 get 3,500 about to expire
hilton / curio / canopy spend $250 get 5,000 added before previous expired
wonder if these combine

doesnt language re room charges just mean it has to be a stay?

still no point offers on starwood card? maybe in 2019

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 27, 2018 at 2:37 pm
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
hilton portfolio spend $300 get 3,500 about to expire
hilton / curio / canopy spend $250 get 5,000 added before previous expired
wonder if these combine

doesnt language re room charges just mean it has to be a stay?

still no point offers on starwood card? maybe in 2019
They should be combinable. What charges would you have other than related to a stay?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

easy to spend a couple hundred dollars on alcohol at properties with bars, even downscale ones

as well as things like just buying gift cards, which they would otherwise have to try and track

my point is to me room charges means stay, and i dont see any other interpretation to worry about,
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just noticed this one, which appears to be cumulative across all brands?

DETAILS

Get a 1X $100 USD statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at Hilton properties in the UK from 6/25/18 to 9/30/18. Book direct with Hilton. Must enroll Card prior to booking. See terms.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jun 27, 2018 at 6:14 pm
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
easy to spend a couple hundred dollars on alcohol at properties with bars, even downscale ones

as well as things like just buying gift cards, which they would otherwise have to try and track

my point is to me room charges means stay, and i dont see any other interpretation to worry about,
I'm not familiar with charges at Hilton properties when one isn't a guest, so I'm not sure how they process those? If the restaurant charges are put through as part of the same billing structure, then it might well work; however, the restaurant sometimes has its own separate merchant charging situation, which would probably not work here.

​​​​​​If I had to bet, I'd say that the system is looking for a regular stay charge showing check-in and check-out dates, and that type of stuff in the line item. Gift cards at the front desk would stand a better chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.