Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by mia
Have you tried clearing the browser cache, using a Private/Incognito window, another browser brand?
Yes. Only happening on this card, in all browsers and incognito, and as I said, not really a problem. Just weird.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Are there other cards on the same UserID?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Are there other cards on the same UserID?
Nope.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:12 pm
mia

You could try removing the card from that UserID and creating a new one.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I'm curious as to what logic would lead one to believe this would be potentially possible. How would pre-payment avoid the limitations imposed by geography?
The logic of the location where the charge originates being the key component to triggering the offer. I was just wondering if SPG processed the charge for the rooms right away from the US whether that would trigger the offer as Amex would just detect a US charge for rooms from SPG.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Spend $300 or more, get $60 back
SPG Hotels and Resorts
Expires 9/4/2018

Details
Get a 1X $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $300+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with SPG Hotels and Resorts from 6/15/18 to 9/4/2018. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Offer valid only at the following SPG® Hotels and Resorts in the US and US territories: Aloft®, Element®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Le Méridien®, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, St. Regis®, Tribute Portfolio™, W® Hotels, and Westin®. Reservations must be made online at spg.com, via the SPG® mobile app, or by calling 1-877-782-7966. Excludes Design Hotels™, all Marriott brand hotel properties, residences, Vistana Vacation, and all timeshares. Not valid for online retail store purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Limit of 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/4/2018, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.
So are these valid if I book through FHR? It says must book from spg.com but FHR rates are not prepaid and paid directly at the hotel.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by halamadrid
My question is wether prepaying gets you around the "U.S. properties only" limitation.
Originally Posted by halamadrid
The logic of the location where the charge originates being the key component to triggering the offer. I was just wondering if SPG processed the charge for the rooms right away from the US whether that would trigger the offer as Amex would just detect a US charge for rooms from SPG.
FWIW I​​​​​ just booked a prepaid room at a non-US SPG property, which posted as a foreign transaction (I have that notification turned on), with the property itself as the vendor, in the property's local currency.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:05 pm

Am I correct that the the SPG offer requires a $300 purchase in a SINGLE transaction? I don't see the "one or more transactions" language but I don't see the single transaction language either. Anyone actually get the rebate for multiple transactions that added up to $300?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by 466SHH
Am I correct that the the SPG offer requires a $300 purchase in a SINGLE transaction? I don't see the "one or more transactions" language but I don't see the single transaction language either. Anyone actually get the rebate for multiple transactions that added up to $300?
I don't think it requires a single transaction. It says you have until (insert date here) to spend $300 on room and room related charges.

(It does say you'll get a single reimbursement, IIRC. That tells me that you get reimbursed in a lump sum once you reach the $300 threshold.)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seem to recall some that were multiple did not spell it out the same way others did, but may also change between repeats
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
There seems to have been a large sweep of offers that disappeared overnight,at least for me.

Yesterday I had 90ish offers on my accounts-today that number is in the 20s. I know that 70 something offers did not expire yesterday.

Is anyone else seeing something similar?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
Same here, I had roughly 90+ offers yesterday, down to 35 this morning - most were not set to expire
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:18 am
mia

Yes, on a card that I just activated yesterday there were 7x offers, and now there are 19. On an older card there were 100+, and now there are 34 (many of which are Blue Box pseudo offers.)
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:20 am

Use old login link to see all offers -- probably a temp issue/glitch with current design
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:27 am
mia

I can see more offers in the Android app on my phone than I see on the website, but still fewer than I saw on the website last night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.