Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MaxVO
AmEx never runs out of the 20% hotel offers. But thanks for not abusing the font size.
it was just a cut and paste from Amex's website... must've picked up their font size automatically
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Re: SPG offer by TravelinSperry. I would have missed that. Thanks!
TravelinSperry likes this.

Last edited by rxgeek; Jun 16, 2018 at 2:40 pm Reason: Added source.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
AmEx never runs out of the 20% hotel offers. But thanks for not abusing the font size.
Are you sure? My Best Western offer is gone from all my cards, not that I had any plans to use it.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by penner42
Are you sure? My Best Western offer is gone from all my cards, not that I had any plans to use it.
That was an "Enrollment limited" offer, once the available number is reached/saved its no longer available.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
That was an "Enrollment limited" offer, once the available number is reached/saved its no longer available.
I was responding to the fact that MaxVO said Amex never runs out of the 20% hotel offers, even though they say enrollment limited. (Specifically, the $60 back on $300 SPG offer this time.) Clearly, that's not correct if the Best Western offer filled up.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
The SPG offer is good until 9/4/18. Can you book a prepaid rate for a stay after 9/4/18 and still get the $60 back? It seems like it says it just needs to be paid by 9/4, though I was wondering if anyone has experience with using prepaid rates with this offer.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhdena
So why is the Best Western $20 off with $100+ spend offer still showing on one of my cards (I just checked right now)? It makes no sense to me that an "enrollment limited" offer would cause the offer to disappear for one person and not for another.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
So why is the Best Western $20 off with $100+ spend offer still showing on one of my cards (I just checked right now)? It makes no sense to me that an "enrollment limited" offer would cause the offer to disappear for one person and not for another.
It's possible I was mistaken. It looks like I added it to one card. I was pretty sure I had it on others, but I don't see it there now. It's possible it just wasn't on my other cards. (I have a separate login for each card, so having added it to one isn't the problem.)
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
It's possible I was mistaken. It looks like I added it to one card. I was pretty sure I had it on others, but I don't see it there now. It's possible it just wasn't on my other cards. (I have a separate login for each card, so having added it to one isn't the problem.)
Each card is limited to show 99 offers in the new interface. Try enrolling a few other offers to reduce the number of offers available or using the old interface.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
The SPG offer is good until 9/4/18. Can you book a prepaid rate for a stay after 9/4/18 and still get the $60 back? It seems like it says it just needs to be paid by 9/4, though I was wondering if anyone has experience with using prepaid rates with this offer.
Well, the terms of the offer say that "Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date." I'm not sure if it's SPG, but sometimes even when you do prepaid you are not charged right away and instead you get charged closer to the check-in date. You are still on the hook, but sometimes it doesn't happen right away. My question is wether prepaying gets you around the "U.S. properties only" limitation.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:25 am

Confirmation emails for using AmEx Offers seem to be working again. ^ That feature was down for maybe a month or longer, and I was afraid it got discontinued. I like the reassurance that an offer was used correctly, so glad to see that those emails were not eliminated after all.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by halamadrid
Well, the terms of the offer say that "Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date." I'm not sure if it's SPG, but sometimes even when you do prepaid you are not charged right away and instead you get charged closer to the check-in date. You are still on the hook, but sometimes it doesn't happen right away. My question is wether prepaying gets you around the "U.S. properties only" limitation.
I'm curious as to what logic would lead one to believe this would be potentially possible. How would pre-payment avoid the limitations imposed by geography?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hilton, google, starwood are all repeats

enrollment limited / disappear is almost always on point offers
my BW was points, have any of the cashback disappeared?

i often have 100 offers, but recently saw 104 offers, so not limited, although i guess until i see 101+ more it could have been a fluke?

even if someone gets something outside T&C, doesnt mean anyone else will, best to assume one will not get it but hope one does etc

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 19, 2018 at 10:29 am
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:03 am

Anyone else having offers not show up at all by default on a card? If I log in to my SPG Business card on the website from a desktop browser, it doesn't even show the offers section. If I manually go to https://global.americanexpress.com/offers/eligible, they appear. They also show up fine in the mobile app. Credits are still posting. None of my other cards have this problem.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Have you tried clearing the browser cache, using a Private/Incognito window, another browser brand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.