Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:21 am

Read about 7 months of this thread and tried searching before posting. It looks like the question is often asked and I do not see a lot of clear answers. "Spend $300 or more, get $60 back MGM Resorts" I cannot tell from the T&C if this can be cumulative or not, I have a room booked for March that I will cancel and I will book an upgraded room if it can be cumulative, but I will be at $300 including the advanced deposit I have to put down. I don't expect to have a single transaction over $300.

Exact wording is:
"Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $300+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at select MGM Resorts destinations from 1/24/18 to 4/24/18. See terms for exclusions."

I know I redeemed an SPG offer in the Fall with the same wording and it was split among multiple stays, but I am hesitant since I would only take the upgraded room if this offer will count since it is paying for the upgrade....
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In this case "one time" means that you can only get the credit once, no matter how much you spend. If it weren't cumulative, language such as "a single stay" would be present.
ned and willywilkes like this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Any recent data points on amazon prime offer? I’ve never had prime. My husband just signed up for a free 30 day trial. How do we get amazon to charge our card before 1/31 to take advantage of the 5000 point offer? Has gifting a prime membership worked? See inconsistent data points but gifting not excluded under offer terms.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by floridagal23
How do we get amazon to charge our card before 1/31 to take advantage of the 5000 point offer?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
i have no problem doing this but amazon wants to give me a 30 day free trial and the offer ends 1/31. How do I bypass the free trial so my card is charged immediately?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:26 pm

i have no problem doing this but amazon wants to give me a 30 day free trial and the offer ends 1/31. How do I bypass the free trial so my card is charged immediately?
Not sure but maybe you can talk to Amazon but I think you should be able to cancel your membership and then sign up again....its not going to give you a second 30 day trial. The only thing I am not sure is that if you cancel it and rejoin...will it say that you are still under your 30 day period. If thats happens...maybe talk to Amazon.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:20 pm

Thanks. I was just coming back to post an update but I live chatted Amazon and that was what they suggested. Got the Amex offer email saying that the offer was redeemed so thankfully it worked!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:35 pm

Thanks. I was just coming back to post an update but I live chatted Amazon and that was what they suggested. Got the Amex offer email saying that the offer was redeemed so thankfully it worked!
Glad it worked out. If gifting was an option...I would have been set for next 6 years
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anybody seen the $100 statement credit on $500+ booking with cruiselines?

In 2017 said offer has shown up twice, once in the first quarter and once in the last quarter. I looked back my records, for the Spring offer the credit was posted on 2/11/17. I knew when I used the offer it was already there for a while, may be a couple weeks. So far this year I have not seen same offer yet. Hoping AMEX would have the offer again as there are some really attractive pricing now.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by willywilkes
Read about 7 months of this thread and tried searching before posting. It looks like the question is often asked and I do not see a lot of clear answers. "Spend $300 or more, get $60 back MGM Resorts" I cannot tell from the T&C if this can be cumulative or not, I have a room booked for March that I will cancel and I will book an upgraded room if it can be cumulative, but I will be at $300 including the advanced deposit I have to put down. I don't expect to have a single transaction over $300.

Exact wording is:
"Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $300+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at select MGM Resorts destinations from 1/24/18 to 4/24/18. See terms for exclusions."

I know I redeemed an SPG offer in the Fall with the same wording and it was split among multiple stays, but I am hesitant since I would only take the upgraded room if this offer will count since it is paying for the upgrade....
Past offers have been cumulative. I redeemed the last offer by spending $250+ across two room deposits with two separate reservations.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Sigh.

Amazon using PST and me living in EST is, I think, going to cost me the 5000 points on Amazon Prime membership points. My offer expires today and my AP renews today. It looks like Amazon is going to charge either last thing today, or first thing tomorrow.

EDIT: It went through at 10:35. I did cancel and restart, but I'm not sure that did anything since they said I'd still have benefits until the end of the day.

Last edited by highops; Jan 31, 2018 at 8:38 pm
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:26 am

Boxed.com is back - spend $75 get $20 back
levilevi likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Thumbs down No Confirmation

I like testing a purchase on one card before continuing to that offer on multiple cards. Anyone else notice that you no longer get an email or account confirmation or when exercising an offer? I called AMEX and they said it might take up to 90 days to see if your offer went through.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I like testing a purchase on one card before continuing to that offer on multiple cards. Anyone else notice that you no longer get an email or account confirmation or when exercising an offer? I called AMEX and they said it might take up to 90 days to see if your offer went through.
My newest card (Hilton Aspire) card's offer did not generate an email. I wasn't sure if the offer took because it was a new card, but I checked my account and it the credits posted back!

My Platinum card continues to generate emails, almost instantly.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by rxgeek
I get e-mail notifications about as fast as the transaction shows up as pending. I just used the Starbucks one I mentioned twice last week and had the e-mails before the drinks. The credit came a few days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.