Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
The MGM Spend $250 or more, get $50 back say that the statement credit will be posted 90 days after 1/8/2018.

Is that the case in practice or are statement credit usually triggered and applied only a few days after the qualifying charge ?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
The MGM Spend $250 or more, get $50 back say that the statement credit will be posted 90 days after 1/8/2018.

Is that the case in practice or are statement credit usually triggered and applied only a few days after the qualifying charge ?
Usually a few days. But occasionally it does take until after the promotion is over. That typically happens when it's not working properly automatically.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by moe8555
Please do post!
Being that it'd be such an oddball request, perhaps try using the excuse that it's a company expense, and if you don't meet a certain budget utilization level your division's budget will be slashed next year
lol. I'll give that a try if I end up going with that hotel and post the results.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
There is a Alaska offer for 5000 points on $250 spend. Can I use this to buy gift card or buy flight ticket 60+days out and then cancel it for AS credit?
It specifically says it can't be used for a gift card but then again, I wonder. I'd love to see reports from folks.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
My stay is after the offer ends (11/25) so I'd be booking a prepaid rate to trigger the offer before it ends.
Perhaps I should wait a while for the rate to go up slightly over $150? Or is this unlikely to happen?
I have an SPG offer that expires on 1/31/18. My stay is in February. Even though I have a refundable reservation, I am sure the hotel will be happy to put the charge through on my card mid-Jan. You just need to contact them and they will send you a form/authorization for you to sign agreeing to the charge. (I've done this before.)
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:14 am

Offers in my account this morning:

Bed Bath: $5 off $25
Container Store: $30 off $150 (Not sure if they sell 3rd party gift cards)
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:22 am

The ever useful offer for Office Depot OfficeMax is back: $10 (or 1000MR) / $50, exp. 2017/12/31.
I found it only on some business accounts.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
The ever useful offer for Office Depot OfficeMax is back: $10 (or 1000MR) / $50, exp. 2017/12/31.
I found it only on some business accounts.
I found it on my Business Gold card. I see no restrictions from gift card purchases.

Last edited by Bellacricket; Nov 20, 2017 at 7:46 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:46 am

I added a Bed Bath and Beyond offer on my PGR and my spouse/AU paid for the purchase. Usually Amex sends an email right away informing me that I used an offer, but not this time. Is the primary card holder the only one able to use an offer? Maybe because the card numbers are different? Still both PGRs though.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bellacricket
... spouse/AU paid... Is the primary card holder the only one able to use an offer? ....
Yes. Here are the terms of the offer which were displayed after you added it to your card:

OFFER TERMS

ENROLLMENT/ELIGIBLE CARDS: Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards). Offer is non-transferable. ELIGIBLE PURCHASES: Valid in-store and online. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories. See merchant website for delivery availability in your market. Excludes purchases made at buybuy BABY®, Harmon® & Harmon® FACE VALUES®, Christmas Tree Shops® And That!®, Cost Plus World Market®, Personalization Mall®, One Kings Lane®, Chef Central®, Decorist®, Harbor Linen®, and Of A Kind®. Excludes Bed Bath & Beyond Stationery. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. EARNING POINTS: Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account and limit of 500 additional Membership Rewards points per Card. These additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of your Card Member Agreement and the Membership Rewards program. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Program account within 90 days after 12/26/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: B3T9 POID: G9WZ:0001

Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Is the primary card holder the only one able to use an offer? Maybe because the card numbers are different? .
The offer has to be added to each card, by separate logins or multiple tabs.

Last edited by mia; Nov 21, 2017 at 9:58 am Reason: Formatting
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I added a Bed Bath and Beyond offer on my PGR and my spouse/AU paid for the purchase. Usually Amex sends an email right away informing me that I used an offer, but not this time. Is the primary card holder the only one able to use an offer? Maybe because the card numbers are different? Still both PGRs though.
AMEX offer is Card Number Specific. Both Primary and AUs can have offers added if targeted. The AU card can certainly redeem an offer ONLY IF the offer has ADDED to the AU card. It would not trigger any offer that is not added on the card even the Primary card has added the offers. It is the card number that has added the offer, to be eligible to redeem.

The wording in the AMEX terms cited by mia is true to certain degree. True is, in order to be eligible to redeem the offer, the offer MUST be added to the card. Untrue is (in current practice until AMEX fixed it), AU card can certainly earn Membership Reward points on an offer IF the offer has been added to the AU card.

The AU card can have its own offers if the AU card has its own online log in, or using twitter to add offers. Virtually all people who have AU cards on their accounts would set up online log in for each AU person (i.e. the AU cards under SAME SSN). This way the AU cards have same access to the AMEX Offers when being targeted. Just add the offers to the AU cards when log in online the AU cards account as you would with your primary card. The mechanism is 100% identical.
To give you examples, I have the 1000 membership reward pts on $100 Supermarket spend on both my EVD Primary and AU added a couple months ago. Both earned the 1000 pts 3 days after I finally made the purchase 2 weeks ago. 3 Primary cards and their corresponding 3 AU cards recently had the $25/$250 BBY offer added. All earned the $25 statement credit when condition was met. Also 3 weeks ago booked a cruise with split payments on a Primary and an AU card so to earn the $100 statement credit on $500+ booked with 5 lines under Carnival corp.

In your case if the AU card has NOT had the offer added to the card, using the AU card to make purchase would NOT trigger the offer.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Happy
AMEX offer is Card Number Specific. Both Primary and AUs can have offers added if targeted. The AU card can certainly redeem an offer ONLY IF the offer has ADDED to the AU card. It would not trigger any offer that is not added on the card even the Primary card has added the offers. It is the card number that has added the offer, to be eligible to redeem.

The wording in the AMEX terms cited by mia is true to certain degree. True is, in order to be eligible to redeem the offer, the offer MUST be added to the card. Untrue is (in current practice until AMEX fixed it), AU card can certainly earn Membership Reward points on an offer IF the offer has been added to the AU card.

The AU card can have its own offers if the AU card has its own online log in, or using twitter to add offers. Virtually all people who have AU cards on their accounts would set up online log in for each AU person (i.e. the AU cards under SAME SSN). This way the AU cards have same access to the AMEX Offers when being targeted. Just add the offers to the AU cards when log in online the AU cards account as you would with your primary card. The mechanism is 100% identical.
To give you examples, I have the 1000 membership reward pts on $100 Supermarket spend on both my EVD Primary and AU added a couple months ago. Both earned the 1000 pts 3 days after I finally made the purchase 2 weeks ago. 3 Primary cards and their corresponding 3 AU cards recently had the $25/$250 BBY offer added. All earned the $25 statement credit when condition was met. Also 3 weeks ago booked a cruise with split payments on a Primary and an AU card so to earn the $100 statement credit on $500+ booked with 5 lines under Carnival corp.

In your case if the AU card has NOT had the offer added to the card, using the AU card to make purchase would NOT trigger the offer.
Thanks for the clarification. Slowly but surely I will get the hang of this. So....much....fine....print.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the clarification. Slowly but surely I will get the hang of this. So....much....fine....print.
These Blog pieces should provide some helps, especially in the "How To Make It Happen" part of it, i.e. the practical advice, not just providing the fine prints.

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...e-amex-offers/

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/things-know-amex-offers/
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:33 pm

Office Depot/Office Max offers - FYI buying GC's via https://giftcardmall.officedepot.com doesn't trigger the offer because the merchant is BHN*GIFTCARDS.

Anyone able to comment on whether actual Office Depot GC (for use at OD/OM) purchase from https://officedepot.cashstar.com/ will trigger the offer

Last edited by bizum; Nov 25, 2017 at 2:10 pm Reason: fixed merchant name/q about cashstar site

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.