Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by eajusa
Anybody sign up for the spend $2K get 2k MR points?....
Perhaps this is one of the offers discussed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-accounts.html
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jesperss
I got the congrats email and credit, and i paid through the ATT app for my personal account

Posted as: AT&T*BILL PAYMENT 971 - DALLAS, TX
Payment posted today Sunday 09.24 as : AT&T *PAYMENT 800-288-2020 TX, with charge date Friday 09.22. It is the same description as in July when using the 10% rebate offer, paid from regular site.

Offer has not changed status as being redeemed.

Hopefully the credit would show up sometimes next week.

UPDATE:

Credit shows up today with yesterday's date (Sunday).

Last edited by Happy; Sep 25, 2017 at 12:19 pm
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Got credit for Macy offer today.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
One for us Hilton people that popped up for me today:

Get a 1X $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $200+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with DoubleTree by Hilton from 9/25/17 to 12/31/17. Book direct with DoubleTree. Excludes advance purchase rates. See terms.

Also, be patient . . . I qualified for the Hilton $60 rebate back in July, dreading having to inquire about the points 90 days after the promo ended (November). Credit appeared on its own today!

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Sep 27, 2017 at 9:15 am
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger

Get a 1X $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $200+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with DoubleTree by Hilton from 9/25/17 to 12/31/17. Book direct with DoubleTree. Excludes advance purchase rates. See terms.

Also, be patient . . . I qualified for the Hilton $60 rebate back in July, dreading having to inquire about the points 90 days after the promo ended (November). Credit appeared on its own today!
Nice offer. If anyone discovers the hashtag let me know. Not on my Amex card.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger

I actually just called in to the hotel to have them charge my card today for a stay in a couple weeks so I can double dip that offer with the Hilton Portfolio "Spend $300+, get 3,500 MR pts" one that expires on 9/30 that I had on my card. The rate booked was the Amex 15% off one what gives 5k bonus HH points as well. Should wind up being a pretty good little haul for a weekend trip. As a Hilton Diamond I'm really loving all the Hilton Amex offers this year.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:54 pm

Does anyone know if buying a Hilton Gift card from a Hilton property will trigger the AMEX offers?

Also, how do you use a gift card for a prepaid rate at a UK property?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:10 pm

I have targeted Saks spend $450 and get 7k MR. Can I go through the Mileage Plus shopping portal with their 4 miles/$ (double dip)? Our is that considered a third party?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by delmardave
I have targeted Saks spend $450 and get 7k MR. Can I go through the Mileage Plus shopping portal with their 4 miles/$ (double dip)? Our is that considered a third party?
You can definitely use shopping portals
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by jonboy71
Does anyone know if buying a Hilton Gift card from a Hilton property will trigger the AMEX offers?

Also, how do you use a gift card for a prepaid rate at a UK property?
It should, even though I only tried it for Hyatt before but not Hilton

as long as your card is swiped at their check in register - the same one used for settling bill when checking out guests

which country and how you can use it - you would need to read the T&C of the Hilton gift cards. And maybe even calling up the hotel you intend to stay to inquire, esp in the circumstance you describe
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does in-store purchase made on the offer expiration date work?

I just realize I have a Lowes $10/$50 offer on my Everyday card that expires on Sept 30th today.

The only reason I found out this was the kitchen ceiling light went out and there was no more replacement bulb in the cupboard. I vaguely remember there is an offer for 2x at Home Depot. Then it turns out the Home Depot is for online only but I have this Lowes offer expires today...

Seems AMEX always posts transactions with the date of the transactions despite the transactions sometimes go on pending for 2 days. So I guess I would be OK to spend at Lowes today and still get the $10 statement credit?

Anyone has experiences in doing transactions on the offer expiration dates?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Originally Posted by Happy
I just realize I have a Lowes $10/$50 offer on my Everyday card that expires on Sept 30th today.

The only reason I found out this was the kitchen ceiling light went out and there was no more replacement bulb in the cupboard. I vaguely remember there is an offer for 2x at Home Depot. Then it turns out the Home Depot is for online only but I have this Lowes offer expires today...

Seems AMEX always posts transactions with the date of the transactions despite the transactions sometimes go on pending for 2 days. So I guess I would be OK to spend at Lowes today and still get the $10 statement credit?

Anyone has experiences in doing transactions on the offer expiration dates?
Good luck. The last 2 offers I tried way before the expiration date were never granted just like you said....pending transactions (date posted to account) Regardless of when the transaction occurred. I did one for five guys (previous offer) on expiration day and got no statement credit.

The hotels are the same unless you somehow make them actually charge your account and not just put a hold on it. Good luck.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SKOOBDO
Good luck. The last 2 offers I tried way before the expiration date were never granted just like you said....pending transactions (date posted to account) Regardless of when the transaction occurred. I did one for five guys (previous offer) on expiration day and got no statement credit.

The hotels are the same unless you somehow make them actually charge your account and not just put a hold on it. Good luck.
Isn't AMEX posting transactions using the date of transactions occurred?

Looking at the past 2 months of activities on my SPG Biz card, all the transactions took 1 to 3 days to post after being pending, but they all bore the date of transactions, including one paying ATT online on Friday and the transaction posted (showing up) on Sunday, yet the date of transaction still showed Friday's date. Even nicer, the $100 credit showed up on Monday. I was shocked by the speediness.

Did a chat and the chat rep said the transaction done today at the store would qualify. Asked him to put a note to the account and he said he already did. We will see how it goes.

I will chance it and report back. The only loss would be $2.50 as I could buy the gift card at Office Depot with my Ink Plus thus earns 5%.

Last edited by Happy; Sep 30, 2017 at 10:43 am
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:31 pm

i have an offer to add authorized user for 1500 MR points and spend 150 dollars. it says DOB and SSN is optional but must be added within 60 days and account will be closed. Do you know if I can add the cards and get the bonus and just let the accounts close by not adding the ssn?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by evor1
i have an offer to add authorized user for 1500 MR points and spend 150 dollars. it says DOB and SSN is optional but must be added within 60 days and account will be closed. Do you know if I can add the cards and get the bonus and just let the accounts close by not adding the ssn?
AU will be required to provide any missing info during activation.
Personally, I would not even bother with 1500MR under the current regime. I recall a data point from DoC that one AU got hit with a hard credit pull.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.