Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:36 am

Anyone have experience with amex doing adjustments for delays in charges posting that push the charge out past the end date of offer? Jet did this to me twice.

*edit*

I contacted amex via chat. The chat rep said I should wait a few days for the credit to appear, and contact them again if it doesn't. I doubt that it will; although I received both the email and text when the offer was triggered, Jet.com then processed the charge for each purchased item separately, and on two cards it did not process the charge on an item until a few days later, after the end of the offer period (both show the offer as "expired" now).

Last edited by trouble747; Feb 5, 2016 at 7:59 am
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I placed an order at jet.com right on the 31st, and got the thank you for using the enrolled card notification.

The single order posted as multiple purchases on the 2nd, and the $20 credit appeared yesterday, the 4th.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I placed an order at jet.com right on the 31st, and got the thank you for using the enrolled card notification.

The single order posted as multiple purchases on the 2nd, and the $20 credit appeared yesterday, the 4th.
Cool. thanks for the info.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Offer on my Amex Platinum today for $40 off $200 spent at Hilton Garden Inns @:-)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:44 pm

I had the Hampton Inn $30 offer as well as the hotel $50 offer. I was able to get both credits by booking 2 prepaid rooms (1 night) for June.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:28 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CMK10
Offer on my Amex Platinum today for $40 off $200 spent at Hilton Garden Inns @:-)
I was able to attach via Twitter (#AmexHGI) to a personal card, but get no response when attaching to two business cards. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:54 am

Last week I was in the middle of a stay at a Hilton Garden Inn in nyc, when the offer appeared on my BCP. I went down stairs to change the CC on file & the $40 credit posted next business day after checkout charge posted.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:12 pm

The Life Extension promotion expires end of this month, so I tried to place a series of orders with the intention of using them later.

I got a call them message. Eventually they called to they say they have a new security system that limits them to three orders per customer, so only my first three will go through.

While it could just be coincidence, I suspect they decided this promotion was costing them more than expected and this is intended to limit their losses.

I had posted earlier about how orders that were meant to be generate $125 Amex charges had been changed so the charges were a few cents short. After protest one got rebilled correctly, and they gave me a $25 credit on another.

Hence anyone expecting to place multiple orders with them may wish to start now (especially since they could go slow in filling and billing an order).

They said I could place another three tomorrow.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by trouble747
Anyone have experience with amex doing adjustments for delays in charges posting that push the charge out past the end date of offer? Jet did this to me twice.

*edit*

I contacted amex via chat. The chat rep said I should wait a few days for the credit to appear, and contact them again if it doesn't. I doubt that it will; although I received both the email and text when the offer was triggered, Jet.com then processed the charge for each purchased item separately, and on two cards it did not process the charge on an item until a few days later, after the end of the offer period (both show the offer as "expired" now).
I ultimately had to have them manually add the credits here.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by trouble747

*edit*

I had a Jet order that met the requirements,but after 2 weeks,they cancelled one item,thus dropping the total and missing the deadline. Amex refused to honor the offer and Jet took no responsibility. To me,the Jet business model is a disaster and I won't use them again-they claim they have no control over how their vendors conduct business
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I had a Jet order that met the requirements,but after 2 weeks,they cancelled one item,thus dropping the total and missing the deadline. Amex refused to honor the offer and Jet took no responsibility. To me,the Jet business model is a disaster and I won't use them again-they claim they have no control over how their vendors conduct business
Jet annoyed me in another way. They are unable to give me an itemized receipt of my orders.... just to say I bought X quantity of Y...and it totaled Z. That simple. What company cant do this?'

Reason for this is im allowed to get reimbursed on special baby formula from my insuarance company and I need to show itemized receipts.

That was enough for me never to use them again... after the AMEX deal
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Apologies if this has been covered before, but do taxes count towards this? The room rate I want is $197 ($230 with taxes).

The fine print says "room rate and charges only", but I'm hoping Amex just looks at the total amount charged on the card and uses that? If taxes don't count, I suppose I could just buy a bottle of water from the room?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ValueAdd82
Apologies if this has been covered before, but do taxes count towards this? The room rate I want is $197 ($230 with taxes).

The fine print says "room rate and charges only", but I'm hoping Amex just looks at the total amount charged on the card and uses that? If taxes don't count, I suppose I could just buy a bottle of water from the room?
IME yes the taxes count. I just used the Hilton Spend $300 get $60. Total bill was $603.00. I put $300 on one card and $303 on another, both got the credit.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:04 pm

Got an offer today in my account for $100 for spending $500 on a Norwegian Cruise Line reservation -- it is available on all my membership rewards earning cards but not SPG (which is the only other Amex I have).

We have a cruise this summer for which final payment is not yet due, but after registering my cards, I called up our TA and asked them to charge $500 toward the sailing on one of my registered cards, and I received an e-mail that it credited. So it appears you can use it for existing bookings in addition to new bookings -- the terms and conditions were not very clear on that.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
Got an offer today in my account for $100 for spending $500 on a Norwegian Cruise Line reservation -- it is available on all my membership rewards earning cards but not SPG (which is the only other Amex I have).

We have a cruise this summer for which final payment is not yet due, but after registering my cards, I called up our TA and asked them to charge $500 toward the sailing on one of my registered cards, and I received an e-mail that it credited. So it appears you can use it for existing bookings in addition to new bookings -- the terms and conditions were not very clear on that.
I did the same. The email stated "We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at USD RESERVATION. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms." The terms did not state that you had to make a NEW reservation, but that you had to put the spend toward a reservation as opposed to shore excursions, on board credit, etc. I think that we are both safe. Keep in mind though that Amex has been doing a lot of system maintenance that has slowed down their posting of MR points, bonus points to both MR and cobranded cards, such as, Hilton, and also slower posting of cash back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.