Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:38 pm

H&R Block

New on my BCP

Get a one-time $15 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $40+ in one or more transactions on online and desktop tax software products at hrblock.com by 4/15/2016. See terms for additional exclusions.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Used the Hampton offer checked in and was emailed about 5 mins later, for the 35.00 I gt back it may not be worth it, should of stayed at the HGI down the road.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
anyone know if the offer $60 statement credit for $300 spend at Hilton is for one stay ( charge) or multiple charge is ok? Thanks
B/C I booked the Hilton Rome Airport for a non-refundable rate of 273 euro + 8 euro for tax which is roughly $307 at the time of booking. However, the tax was not charged yet and i ended up with a $29 charge. Bummer, and i had to pay around $9 for FTF,
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX PRG
Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
On both my PRG and Plat card I had loaded the $50 off $250 hotel stay as well as the $60 off $300 Hilton stay. I checked out of the Hilton Hawaiian Village this past Saturday with a $800+ bill. At checkout I had them split the charge between both cards. I received 4 emails confirming the use of my amex offers, charge is still pending but it looks like these should stack.
Will you provide an update? I was wondering if this would work.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by McTrips
Will you provide an update? I was wondering if this would work.
confirmed that these stack, charge posted on 1/10, separate credits for of $50 and $60 posted on 1/11
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
confirmed that these stack, charge posted on 1/10, separate credits for of $50 and $60 posted on 1/11
I was wondering if this would work with a gift card purchased at a Hilton.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Posts from 2012 - 2015 have been archived. There is a link to the previous thread in the Wikipost. I did not copy other content from the Wikipost because it had not been updated since October, 2015.

If you decide to use the Wikipost to report reimbursement results, please include the YEAR as part of the dates. It may seem obvious now that you are reporting an event in 2016, but this will not be clear when the thread is read later.

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated. You must do this again if you were subscribed to the previous thread.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:59 pm

I received this one in 2015, but just used it (expires 1/31/16).

AMEX Everyday Preferred

ammericanexpress.com/delta2015

Statement credit of $250 when enrolled card is used for purchases totaling $1,000 or more with Delta.

I had some upcoming personal travel to book (SFO-NYC), this just saved me $250.

Different offer (same card) that was quickly reimbursed: Sur La Table - $10 off purchase of $100 or more.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:53 pm

Has anyone had success with getting the AirBnB gift card $50 offer to post automatically after a month or two?

I'm dreading going to AMEX to ask for this credit 11 times and would greatly prefer just waiting and hoping they get swept up.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:19 am

I just booked a prepaid rate for a stay at Hampton in June. I read on FT that we can double dip and take advantage of the Hampton (or Hilton) offer as well as the $50/250 hotel offer. The total was $281 and charged to the card immediately, so I SHOULD get $35 for Hampton and $50 for the hotel offer. However, the charge billed to "Hilton hotels" or something like that-- even though I booked it from Hampton's website (hampton.hilton.com). I suspect that I won't automatically get the Hampton credit, and the charge is too low to qualify for the Hilton credit ($60/300). Had I known the stay would be charged under the Hilton name, I would've booked the next higher room to get the $60 for Hilton.

BTW, if this stay charged as Hilton, how is AMEX supposed to distinguish between the different Hilton brands? Would my stay be charged as Hampton if it weren't a prepaid rate?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just booked a prepaid rate...

Would my stay be charged as Hampton if it weren't a prepaid rate?
If you just booked it, the charge is likely still pending. Maybe it'll code properly when it posts. My guess is that your last question is actually the answer. Paying online it would seem you get charged by Hilton corporate, but at the hotel during checkout, you get charged by the property. I'm speculating, but it makes sense.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just booked a prepaid rate for a stay at Hampton in June. I read on FT that we can double dip and take advantage of the Hampton (or Hilton) offer as well as the $50/250 hotel offer. The total was $281 and charged to the card immediately, so I SHOULD get $35 for Hampton and $50 for the hotel offer. However, the charge billed to "Hilton hotels" or something like that-- even though I booked it from Hampton's website (hampton.hilton.com). I suspect that I won't automatically get the Hampton credit, and the charge is too low to qualify for the Hilton credit ($60/300). Had I known the stay would be charged under the Hilton name, I would've booked the next higher room to get the $60 for Hilton.

BTW, if this stay charged as Hilton, how is AMEX supposed to distinguish between the different Hilton brands? Would my stay be charged as Hampton if it weren't a prepaid rate?
IME you have 24 hours to cancel even a prepaid non refundable rate. They allow this window for accidental clicks. You have to call and ask nicely.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by kilbornr
Has anyone had success with getting the AirBnB gift card $50 offer to post automatically after a month or two?

I'm dreading going to AMEX to ask for this credit 11 times and would greatly prefer just waiting and hoping they get swept up.
I made the $100 purchase on 12/31 but it shows up on my statement as 1/1. Called today and rep said nothing can be done, she cannot manually apply the $50. She said $1 was put thru on 12/31 but the rest wasn't until 1/1. So I said I want to deny the charge as there's no point spending $100 at Airbnb if I don't get the $50 credit. She took the charge off and started the process.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
$5 off $15 at Rite Aid on 2 of my cards this morning
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kadence
I made the $100 purchase on 12/31 but it shows up on my statement as 1/1. Called today and rep said nothing can be done, she cannot manually apply the $50. She said $1 was put thru on 12/31 but the rest wasn't until 1/1. So I said I want to deny the charge as there's no point spending $100 at Airbnb if I don't get the $50 credit. She took the charge off and started the process.
Had one of the $50 Airbnb credits manually applied a couple months ago. Had the offer on two more cards and bought giftcards on Dec 24 for both. Credits were not automatically posted. Chatted with Amex today to get the credit loaded but they stated that they could only do it for one of the cards... News to me and tried to get them to apply credits to both. They only allowed to apply for one of the cards despite them saying that the offer was enrolled on both cards but they stated the terms said only 1 credit per all amex accounts. Guess I will call to get the other credit applied.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.