Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
Spend $100+, get 1,500 MR Points
Supermarket Rewards!

DETAILS

Get 1,500 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $100+ in one or more eligible transactions in-store or online at U.S. Supermarket locations by 11/30/2017.
So, if I use the card multiple times at different supermarkets during the promotion period and get to $100+, I will get the bonus?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by radiowell
So, if I use the card multiple times at different supermarkets during the promotion period and get to $100+, I will get the bonus?
Yes.
bizum likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
Yes.
Awesome. Thanks.

Now that Chase Freedom and Discover 5% grocery offers are long gone, this is the best offer I have for now.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:02 pm

Does anyone know whether the Hilton 3,500 for $300 can be on more than one stay? Actually, my question is a bit more complex, so if any of you brain teaser types can help me figure it out, I'll be most appreciative.

Two stays coming up -- first is midweek at an HGI and will be about $190, second is weekend for two nights at Hilton and will be about $500.

I have the following offers:

Card 1:

1) Spend $300 get 3500 MR, any portfolio hotel.

2) Spend $250 get $50 off, Hilton only.

Card 2:

1) Spend $300 get 3500 MR, any portfolio hotel.

2) Book two consecutive nights, get 5,000 hilton plus 15 percent off

3) Spend $250 get $50 back, Hilton only.

The Hilton 5,000 bonus turns out to be the best rate I can get. So, i'm thinking I can get all 5 of these promos if multiple stays count on the 3,500 point offer, by doing the following:

Stay 1 at the HGI: Put $100 on card 1 and $100 on Card 2.

Stay 2 at the Hilton: Put $250 on card 1 and $250 on Card 2.

This should get me: $100 off, 7,000 MR, and 5,000 Hilton, I think. And I'll earn about 21,000 Hilton points for the two stays, plus my normal spend bonus on the credit cards.

Did I do that right?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:43 pm

Has anyone tried using the current Ritz Offer by buying their GC's? I am curious if the GC purchases at the spa would work differently than those at the front desk. Yesterday I went to my closest Ritz and tried buying 2 GC's at the front desk. Btw their payment terminal was really antiquated and without chip readers. The same terminals were used to encode the GC's. The latter operation failed repeatedly, so the agent finally had to give up.

I asked the agent if he could just do the GC encoding at the spa, and keep the payment collected at the front desk. Apparently that was not possible because "the two systems are in no way connected". So the charge had to be refunded to my CC's. I did get email confirmations for the Ritz Offer, but not for a Marriott Offer that was also loaded to the same cards.
Didn't try the spa as I had to leave anyways. I left my car by the entrance, and promised the valet to be out in 5-10 min.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:49 pm

Ritz LA Live spa gift card purchase triggers Ritz AMEX Offers.

Unrelated, I never stay at Marriott family hotels but use the gift cards at WP24 just fine.

In fact, normal AMEX charges for dining at WP24 are also coded Ritz on AMEX statement.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hilton portfolio (not hilton flag mentioned by Points Scrounger) mentioned by lkar is written differently than others, i had same question whether it was cumulative or not

like amazon and now supermarket being cumulative
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
anyone know if the offer $60 statement credit for $300 spend at Hilton is for one stay ( charge) or multiple charge is ok? Thanks
B/C I booked the Hilton Rome Airport for a non-refundable rate of 273 euro + 8 euro for tax which is roughly $307 at the time of booking. However, the tax was not charged yet and i ended up with a $29 charge. Bummer, and i had to pay around $9 for FTF,
Random - did this ever post for you? I know the offer was US only but wondering if it posted for you, since I'm actually looking to use my offer there.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The Spend $300, Get $60 Back offer failed for me with two Hilton stays. I have not followed up as it says 90 days later in the fine print.
I'm concerned that points + money stays are not qualifying.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The Spend $300, Get $60 Back offer failed for me with two Hilton stays. I have not followed up as it says 90 days later in the fine print.
Perhaps it's just an AmEx IT glitch. Lately I've had a few identical rebate offers not posting on one or two cards, while working as expected on all other cards.
Ask by phone to be connected to the Technical Team, and have them fix this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did the money portion of the points + money stay post, and if so, how was it credited, to the hotel itself or to Hilton Honors / Hilton central?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did the money portion of the points + money stay post, and if so, how was it credited, to the hotel itself or to Hilton Honors / Hilton central?
The cash counted as base points, paid directly to the hotel at checkout.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
has anyone tried using the hilton app to get around the amex offer requirements? Wondering if that'll help qualify for offers...
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The cash counted as base points, paid directly to the hotel at checkout.
That's not what I was asking. I was asking how the cash part of cash + points showed up on your Amex online activity statement. Was the hotel name mentioned on the charge, or something else?

How it shows up on the Hilton Honors side ("base points") has nothing to do with whether Amex will give you an Amex Offer credit. Only what shows up on the Amex online activity statement does.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:40 pm

NYTimes $195, 50% off

Get 50% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make an eligible New York Times subscription purchase of $195+ in a single transaction at nytimes.com/amex by 10/1/17. Limit 1 statement credit of up to $175. See terms for exclusions.

Was on HHonors Surpass and Delta Plat, not OPEN cards - even though there is a website for this promo on nytimes.com, it states you must use your enrolled card to pay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.