Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 19, 2:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 22, 16, 5:33 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by slivrflyr View Post
I just found out about the Amex offer for 2x on Amazon purchases. I added it today but I already made a few large purchases earlier in the day. I should be ok, right? It's the posting that should drive this? Or would you guys cancel/return and reorder the items.

Thanks
You should be fine. I recently did the same thing with a statement credit offer. I bought then added offer before charge posted and got the credit.
Old Mar 22, 16, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa View Post
You should be fine. I recently did the same thing with a statement credit offer. I bought then added offer before charge posted and got the credit.

great! thank you
Old Mar 25, 16, 6:08 am

I had an Amex Offer for 10% back on payments made to cable / satellite providers and another offer for 10% back on payments to wireless providers. My accounts had both offers but my wife's accounts only had the cable / satellite offer. Max discount is $30 for each and both expire 6/30/16.

Note: Satellite offer valid for services provided in NY, NJ, IL, FL, TX, WA, CA and MA only.
Old Mar 25, 16, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Blue Sky, AMEX PRG
There is a new offer for 10% off upto $30 on cable or satellite bill. My wife and I have the PRG and it was loaded to both cards on the website. Expires on 06/30/16. I heard rumors of the 10% off on the wireless carrier as well, but I don't have that offer loaded.
Old Mar 25, 16, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Di
does that work for cable internet as well? i got both offers but on a card i wasn't planning on using until after meeting spend on others
Old Mar 25, 16, 10:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Originally Posted by McTrips View Post
There is a new offer for 10% off upto $30 on cable or satellite bill. My wife and I have the PRG and it was loaded to both cards on the website. Expires on 06/30/16. I heard rumors of the 10% off on the wireless carrier as well, but I don't have that offer loaded.
I got the 10% off wireless, but no use to me as I don't use the eligible carriers.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Mar 25, 16 at 10:06 pm
Old Mar 26, 16, 6:00 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
I got the 10% off wireless, but no use to me as I don't use the eligible carriers.
Would you care to list the carriers?
Old Mar 26, 16, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Would you care to list the carriers?
Sure; Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, and Sprint. So that covers pretty much everybody that has a cell phone, but I use Cricket which uses the AT&T network.
Old Mar 26, 16, 4:47 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ Silver, IHG Plat Amb, MR Gold, SL Jade
Used my 5% off at Home Depot this afternoon. Got the email congratulating me for using it immediately after purchase.
Old Mar 26, 16, 7:00 pm

It's nice to know the offer is working, but if I'm going to get an email for every single Amazon order I place from now until the end of July, it might get old...
Old Apr 1, 16, 8:07 am

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Got a bunch of solid new AMEX Sync offers this morning on my PRG:

2x MR at Target.com (through 12/31)
2x MR at Bestbuy.com (through 12/31)
2x MR at williams-sonoma.com (through 12/31)
2x MR at Pottery Barn Brands online (through 12/31)
2x MR at Gap online (through 12/31)
2x MR at Neiman Marcus online (through 12/31)
2x MR at WestElm.com (through 12/31)

The most important one for me is the Target.com. Here are the Target terms:

Offer not valid in Target stores, Bulk/Corporate Gift Cards, clinic services at Target, Target Optical™, pharmacies at Target, Target Photo, Portrait Studio or phone purchases (other than 1.800.591.3869, 1.800.888.9333 or 1.800.544.2943) or on purchases shipped outside of the U.S. or Puerto Rico

Does not seem to exclude regular gift cards (just bulk/corporate). Since I never know what card to use when I shop at Target (since none of mine get bonused spend I usually just use SPG Amex since it hold the most value) I'll likely use this to load up on a few Target gift cards and then just use those in the store.
Old Apr 1, 16, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post

Offer not valid in Target stores, Bulk/Corporate Gift Cards, clinic services at Target, Target Optical™, pharmacies at Target, Target Photo, Portrait Studio or phone purchases (other than 1.800.591.3869, 1.800.888.9333 or 1.800.544.2943) or on purchases shipped outside of the U.S. or Puerto Rico

Does not seem to exclude regular gift cards (just bulk/corporate). Since I never know what card to use when I shop at Target (since none of mine get bonused spend I usually just use SPG Amex since it hold the most value) I'll likely use this to load up on a few Target gift cards and then just use those in the store.
Off topic, but Visa/Mastercard often codes Target as grocery.
Old Apr 1, 16, 12:24 pm

AMEX Gift Card offer

I noticed a number of spend $100 on Amex gift cards, get $5.00 back.

Leaving aside shipping and other charges, this could be attractive, even if just as a way to get 5% back on a categoy you otherwise would not, (get gift card and use to pay for something).

Any ideas on how to best use these offers? and how to get free shipping etc.
Old Apr 1, 16, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by exarkun View Post
Off topic, but Visa/Mastercard often codes Target as grocery.
Fair - unfortunately the only Visa/Mastercard I have that gets a grocery bonus is the Chase Freedom (and only during Q2 starting today) and they explicitly exclude Target.

So at least with my current card line-up this is a win for me.
Old Apr 3, 16, 9:17 am

Death of Amex offers?

Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post

I was just going to post about these. Is Amex no longer giving CASH back
Offers on these? For the last two years they've regularly offered great cash backs like Best Buy $20/$200 or $25/$250, twice per year. Gap also has a healthy offer last year:$15/$75 IIRC.

2x MRs? Seriously? This changes the economics on many Amex cards. It's often the Cashback offers help offset the AF.

This is bad. Amex has been taking on water at an accelerated pace already.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: