Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
do the new DL amex offers work on gift cards?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:11 pm

>$100 back on $500 DL

so I booked a flight but had to cancel it within 24 hrs. The offer looks redeemed even though its been reversed (along with the flight charges). Customer rep tells me, theres no way for me to redeem it again even though it was reversed earlier . Is that true?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:53 am

amextravel.com: $100 off $600 prepaid hotel booking expires 5/31

plus additional MR to several online merchants: bestbuy.com, macys.com, homedepot.com, ... Expires 12/31

Last edited by flyershmlyer; Apr 3, 2017 at 4:06 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by bizum
>$100 back on $500 DL

so I booked a flight but had to cancel it within 24 hrs. The offer looks redeemed even though its been reversed (along with the flight charges). Customer rep tells me, theres no way for me to redeem it again even though it was reversed earlier . Is that true?
Similar issue with a Hilton deal some months back. Online chat with AMEX confirmed the deal was "un-redeemed" and available for use again. Though I can't tell from the interaction if it was automatic or manually done during the chat
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by DBCme
Similar issue with a Hilton deal some months back. Online chat with AMEX confirmed the deal was "un-redeemed" and available for use again. Though I can't tell from the interaction if it was automatic or manually done during the chat
Sadly, I spoke with 2 reps and both said it cannot be redeemed again due to the Delta terms. Bummer
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I connected my twitter with Amex and tweeted #Amexupwork . Twelve hours later, I see Upworks under Amex offers and added it to my card. Do I still have to wait for a twitter response for this deal to be validated?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hightide
I connected my twitter with Amex and tweeted #Amexupwork . Twelve hours later, I see Upworks under Amex offers and added it to my card. Do I still have to wait for a twitter response for this deal to be validated?
No, if it's in your offers you don't need twitter.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mhdena
No, if it's in your offers you don't need twitter.

Thanks for the info! ^
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by zorbachs
I've had such terrible ones this year. So many cosmetic and spa offers, and bikini shops. Doesn't Amex know I'm not a female?
I also get offers for men's clothing (I am not a male). It's hilarious to me that sometimes they're spot-on with the kinds of offers I'd use (I have a lot of fashion spend and they do send me offers for clothing stores I'd actually shop at) and sometimes they have offers for....pet stores (I don't own pet's) or men's clothing stores. I really, really wonder how their offers are targeted.

Also, is there an up-to-date list of current/available offers anywhere? What's the best place to look for offers I might be eligible for but haven't been directly targeted for?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
I also get offers for men's clothing (I am not a male). It's hilarious to me that sometimes they're spot-on with the kinds of offers I'd use (I have a lot of fashion spend and they do send me offers for clothing stores I'd actually shop at) and sometimes they have offers for....pet stores (I don't own pet's) or men's clothing stores. I really, really wonder how their offers are targeted.

Also, is there an up-to-date list of current/available offers anywhere? What's the best place to look for offers I might be eligible for but haven't been directly targeted for?
Aren't all of your current offers listed at the bottom of your card's home page? (Mine are.)
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:43 am

I've been fortunate so far with the Sync offers this year-Baxters of California, Lazy Dogs, and Embassy Suites statement credit. I even grabbed the Dollar Shave Club one to get some One Wipe Charlies!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nowhere.

If an offer isn't showing for your card, you're not eligible for that offer for that card.

Ie, there's no difference between "eligible" and "targeted".

However, if you have multiple cards in your Amex account, you may sometimes see offers under one card that you don't see under another card. So it's not so much whether "you" are targeted, but whether a particular card of yours is targeted.

AFAIK, there's no way to add an offer that isn't showing under your account.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Nowhere.

If an offer isn't showing for your card, you're not eligible for that offer for that card.

Ie, there's no difference between "eligible" and "targeted".

However, if you have multiple cards in your Amex account, you may sometimes see offers under one card that you don't see under another card. So it's not so much whether "you" are targeted, but whether a particular card of yours is targeted.

AFAIK, there's no way to add an offer that isn't showing under your account.
Yes there is - you can do so via twitter, so that even if they don't show up on your page you can add them to your account. But hunting through twitter history for available offers is such a pain...
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Not every Amex Offer is available by twitter.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... hunting through twitter history for available offers is such a pain...
I do not have a Twitter account, but this may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...istration.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.