Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I have an AMEX offer appearing under a family members account but not mine. Can't see it in Sync list as well. :-(
However I am AU on that AMEX account. If I use my card, will that be good enough to use the offer or does it need to under the same cc?
You must use the specific card that's "sync'ed" with the offer. Also read carefully all the other terms that accompany each offer, as they vary.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 8:22 am

NCL spend $500 get $100 is back. It's on all my cards except SPG and it looks from cruising message boards that it's also not available on delta. Not sure if there is a twitter sync hashtag.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkar
NCL spend $500 get $100 is back. It's on all my cards except SPG and it looks from cruising message boards that it's also not available on delta. Not sure if there is a twitter sync hashtag.
It is available to all AMEX own inhouse cards but not on the co-brand cards, i.e. SPG, HHonors and Delta that type.

The similar Carnival offer (for all lines owned by Carnival corp) apparently returned a couple days before the NCL's. This afternoon I used 2 cards with split payment on a dirt cheap HAL TATL cruise. The Congrats emails came while I was still chitchatting with our cruise agent.

One could really save a tidy sum if one has multiple offers and do split payment on the cruise bookings.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:25 am

An offer for spend $1000 on AirFrance and get 20k MR popped up this morning. Wow
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by callinectes
An offer for spend $1000 on AirFrance and get 20k MR popped up this morning. Wow
I just noticed this as well. I don't see any AF gift cards on their site, so would need to buy flights.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:29 am

Yep. I am in the early stages of planning a trip to Europe but not yet ready to pull the trigger on flights.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by callinectes
Originally Posted by rubbernyc
I just noticed this as well. I don't see any AF gift cards on their site, so would need to buy flights.
Looks like buying miles is excluded from the offer as well. Otherwise that would be a great way to do this.

There isn't a way to buy domestic DL flights as AF codeshares on the website is there? That would be another good way but I don't think that's feasible (e.g., need to fly RDU - LAX, book as AF operated by DL instead of DL flight number).
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I have been wondering myself if I can book AF codeshares on DL to make use of the offer.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
My impression is that foreign carriers generally do not sell freestanding domestic codeshare flights operated by their USA partners. You can buy only buy them in conjunction with an international flight operated by the foreign carrier.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
What about fully refundable AF tix?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:18 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If I make a return and a statement credit or points are reversed, am I still eligible for the Amex Offer?

If you make a purchase and return the merchandise, we reserve the right to reverse the statement credit or points. If the statement credit or points have been reversed and the offer has not expired, you can still take advantage of the offer if you make another qualifying purchase and meet the offer terms.
https://sync.americanexpress.com/ame...hub-offers-FAQ
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I just received an e-mail today from Amex with the caption "In Brief." In that e-mail, I found an Amex offer of $25 off $100 for Verizon Wireless payments. Click the link, and it is added to your card. Can be used twice, and expires Feb. 21, so there is a short window of opportunity.
Amex now tells me that this Feb. 5 e-mail is not a new offer, that it is the same promotion that was offerred in November, and that I cannot use it again.

They can't figure out why it was sent in the Feb. 5 e-mail, and why I was able to add it to my card for a second time. They asked me to forward the e-mail to them so they can investigate. They promised a response within 48 hours.

Perhaps I will get some kind of goodwill adjustment.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
What about fully refundable AF tix?
Actually let me make it a legit scenario...

AF refundable tix booked now for $1k+. At a (much) later stage, it was changed for a cheaper but still $1k+, nonrefundable tix.
Would it be considered as reverse transaction and grounds for clawing back the points?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat

AF refundable tix booked now for $1k+. At a (much) later stage, it was changed for a cheaper but still $1k+, nonrefundable tix.
Would it be considered as reverse transaction and grounds for clawing back the points?
It probably will get clawed back when you cancel the first ticket. The transaction needs to be done before the offer expiration date. So if your second ticket is booked after the offer ends, then it won't count.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:26 am

If there should be an automatic claw-back when the tix are exchanged, you should have a fair chance to get AmEx do manual adjustment. Their intent for the deal was to generate a net sale, and that still would've been accomplished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.