Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:49 pm

Actually OP said that several AmEx offers are expiring on Dec 31st including Staples and Best Buy. Board took it to mean Staples, OP didn't mean that by his original statement.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
They are lucky that the vendors have billed the accounts the same day the transactions occurred.
It is great the 2 posters got their transactions posted on time, thus also got the statement credits. However it remains a gamble to do the offer on the last date - it totally depends on the vendor to process the billing on the same day. So the 2 posters got lucky on that.
And did we all get really lucky, in previous years, when so many of our Amex Small Business Saturday purchases actually got processed on, uh, Saturday?

Folks who were denied their SBS rebate, due to timing issues, were very much the exception, and not the rule.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:24 am

Will this work for Amex Hotel Offer

For example, the terms says "Get 3,000 additional Membership Rewards points each time you use your enrolled Card to spend a total of $200+ on room rate and room charges with a participating Marriott property".
I book a room with Marriott point which means I have a reward room now. Then I have a diner in the hotel restaurant with more than $200+ and put it on room charge. Will I get 3000 MR pts after checked out?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:28 am

Holy cow, I spent 55 minutes on the phone with AMEX about my 1500 Panera Bread points. They insisted I had not added the offer to my card even though I had screen shots demonstrating otherwise. Finally someone looked into the deep recesses of some database and found that I had indeed added it in November. What a pain that was!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by taiquanxx
For example, the terms says "Get 3,000 additional Membership Rewards points each time you use your enrolled Card to spend a total of $200+ on room rate and room charges with a participating Marriott property".
I book a room with Marriott point which means I have a reward room now. Then I have a diner in the hotel restaurant with more than $200+ and put it on room charge. Will I get 3000 MR pts after checked out?
No personal experience, but I believe , yes you will. It is no different, from say if you have some other incidental charges of $200or bought a gift card for $200.

You already did the correct thing of not paying at restaurant after meal but have it be processed as a room charge at front desk.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by callinectes
... They insisted ...
A basic CSR survival skill seems to be to invent a plausible explanation for an event, without any evidence that it is the actual explanation.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In my experience, the bonus was based on the final posted charge, including taxes and fees.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then I have a diner in the hotel restaurant with more than $200+ and put it on room charge. Will I get 3000 MR pts after checked out?
But do you really need a dinner that expensive? Is overpaying by lots for a dinner worth 3000 MR points?

If having dinner would work, so would buying a gift card there (if they sell them there). And a gift card, assuming you'll have uses for paid Marriott stays in the future, is bound to be a better value than an artificially overspent dinner. (Especially since you earn Marriott points on paid stays paid with a Marriott gift card.)

Now, if you were already planning to have a dinner at the hotel with many people while staying there (before you found out about the promo), then the dinner might make sense.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Some people live larger than others.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
There is an offer currently for Waldorf Astoria, but says it must be booked directly with the hotel. Anyone have experience with this type of offer and booking through FHR? It's not prepaid, so I'd still be paying directly with the hotel - will Amex count it?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:52 pm
mia

These restrictions would be specified by Hilton. They may be funding the $70 credit by eliminating the travel agency commission (which they would pay to PTS if booked through FHR). However, the FHR benefits are probably worth more than $70? I would book through FHR and if the offer credits it's a bonus.

Details
Get a 1X $70 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $350+ on room rate & room charges, when you pay for your stay at Waldorf Astoria or Conrad from 10/31/16 to 3/31/17. Book direct with Waldorf Astoria or Conrad. Exclusions apply. View Locations Nearby

Terms
Offer only valid at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts™ and Conrad Hotels & Resorts™ in the US & Puerto Rico. Reservations for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts™ must be made online at waldorfastoria.com, via the HHonors App or by calling 1- 800-925-3673. Reservations for Conrad Hotels & Resorts™ must be made online at conradhotels.com, via the HHonors App or by calling 1-800-266-7237. Excludes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton™, Curio - A Collection by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites by Hilton™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™, and Hilton Grand Vacations™. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates. Excludes gift card purchases. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 3/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CDXO:0001
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But do you really need a dinner that expensive? Is overpaying by lots for a dinner worth 3000 MR points?

If having dinner would work, so would buying a gift card there (if they sell them there). And a gift card, assuming you'll have uses for paid Marriott stays in the future, is bound to be a better value than an artificially overspent dinner. (Especially since you earn Marriott points on paid stays paid with a Marriott gift card.)

Now, if you were already planning to have a dinner at the hotel with many people while staying there (before you found out about the promo), then the dinner might make sense.
Thanks for the reply. Well, I am using the Waldorf offer actually. The brunch there cost $145 per person and we got 4 people. So....
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:16 pm
mia

... "Get 3,000 additional Membership Rewards points each time you use your enrolled Card to spend a total of $200+ on room rate and room charges with a participating Marriott property".
... I am using the Waldorf offer actually. The brunch there cost $145 per person and we got 4 people. So....
To be sure we understand correctly you are using the Waldorf offer instead of the Marriott offer quoted in your first post, and you booked with Hilton points? I think the answer is the same, because both offers say "room rate & room charges", but the threshold amounts are different. However, the offer is from the hotel chain, not from American Express, and what works at one might not work with another.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by mia
To be sure we understand correctly you are using the Waldorf offer instead of the Marriott offer quoted in your first post, and you booked with Hilton points? I think the answer is the same, because both offers say "room rate & room charges", but the threshold amounts are different. However, the offer is from the hotel chain, not from American Express, and what works at one might not work with another.
Yes, I gonna book a room with hilton points.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:27 pm

all's well that ends well

I (almost) forgot I still have (1) last $10/$200 AGC offer on my AU Simply Cash+ account so I ordered on 12/26. I paid $200 on a fee free code plus premium shipping trial that expires early Jan 2017. I got the approved email plus the one acknowledging use of sync offer right after placing the order. FWR, shipment date email came 12/31 which also happens to be the offer expiration date. I thought that may invalidate my credit since I would receive AGC by Jan 3 Charge posted Jan 1 and it was only today, Jan 5 that my $10 credit posted. I am so relieved that I didn't have to 'fight' for it due to the delay on amex side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.