Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 19, 2:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015


Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 20, 16, 1:21 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 161
Life Extension "trick" of not charging $.05.

AMEX has a $25 back after spending $125 at Life Extension (supplement).

I had used similar offers to get gift cards for future use.

I recently placed a complex order which used several gift cards and left $125 to be charged to an American Express (I actually set it up with a $100 and a $25 gift card being used, and then deleted these to get the desired figure).

Looking at the AMEX statement I found a $124.95 charge.

I went to the Life Extension site and found the order. It was as I remember except for a $124.95 Amex charge and a $.05 due label (the order was delivered yesterday),

It looked odd, so I asked a CSR abouit it and had him ask and was told it was a rounding done by their computers. I got various odd stories about they knew nothing of such offers, and then their had been one, but expired long ago, and then for $100, etc.

I was promised an extra $.06 charge.

If this does not happen I expect to go there an place an order Vitamin D under $5.00, so the total exceeds $125.

Be warned.
ed765 is offline  
Old Jan 21, 16, 10:16 am
  #47  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 30,320
25% off at FTD.com on my Amex Platinum. Just in time for Valentine's Day too.
CMK10 is offline  
Old Jan 21, 16, 10:38 am
  #48  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 39,993
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
25% off at FTD.com on my Amex Platinum. Just in time for Valentine's Day too.
Offer valid online only at ftd.com/amexbus25 from 12/2/15 - 2/15/16 when you pay with an eligible American Express® Card. Additional terms apply. All discounts shown; see ftd.com/amexbus25 for details. Discounts are applied to the standard retail prices set forth on the ftd.com website (standard retail prices shall not include sale prices). Offer not valid at any FTD member retail locations. Discounts not available oni) product customizations including vases or product add-ons, (ii) FTD Gold Membership fees, (iii) gift card purchases, (iv) service, delivery or shipping fees and applicable taxes, (v) special collections including Baccarat or other special collections designed by FTD, and (vi) all “Gifts” under $24.99 or products under $19.99. Discounts cannot be combined. Same day delivery is available in most locations if order is placed before 2pm in recipient's time zone. Fulfillment of the offer is sole responsibility of the participating American Express merchant. POID: BXVA:0001
This means we will not be able to stack the discount with a mileage bonus for using an airline shopping portal, and the fees exclusion means that the effective discount will be materially less than 25%.
mia is offline  
Old Jan 21, 16, 10:42 am
  #49  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 30,320
Originally Posted by mia View Post
This means we will not be able to stack the discount with a mileage bonus for using an airline shopping portal, and the fees exclusion means that the effective discount will be materially less than 25%.
Very true, glad you pointed all this out. There's also a 20% coupon floating out there for FTD.com anyway. Probably not worth using the Amex Plat unless you need to make minimum spend.
CMK10 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 16, 8:30 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,823
Originally Posted by LarkSFO View Post
Statement credit of $250 when enrolled card is used for purchases totaling $1,000 or more with Delta.
$250 credit posted within just a few days of the charge.

I'm happy.
LarkSFO is offline  
Old Jan 23, 16, 6:31 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: DTW
Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Posts: 4,994
Hulu Card Swap is Working

I just confirmed that if you have the Hulu $10 for $10 offer on multiple cards you can change your billing card each month and get the credits. I originally signed up but didn't use the Amex link, but i got the credit anyway when they billed after the seven day trial. A few days later I switched the billing card. The second month bill just hit and I got the e-mail from Amex saying the offer was used on card #2. $2 Hulu plus commercial free through April. ^
tev9999 is offline  
Old Jan 23, 16, 9:39 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: new york,ny
Posts: 200
1800Flowers.com

Spend $50 or more, get $15 back
bjdsave is offline  
Old Jan 24, 16, 7:49 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Posts: 2,204
Originally Posted by tev9999 View Post
I just confirmed that if you have the Hulu $10 for $10 offer on multiple cards you can change your billing card each month and get the credits. I originally signed up but didn't use the Amex link, but i got the credit anyway when they billed after the seven day trial. A few days later I switched the billing card. The second month bill just hit and I got the e-mail from Amex saying the offer was used on card #2. $2 Hulu plus commercial free through April. ^
Can you get a gift card from Hulu and resell it?
al613 is offline  
Old Jan 24, 16, 6:20 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ATL
Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Posts: 954
Originally Posted by al613 View Post
Can you get a gift card from Hulu and resell it?
I purchased ecards in the past and gave them as gifts. You'll need to check the market as $15 was the smallest one.
sechs is offline  
Old Jan 25, 16, 1:52 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 7,643
Originally Posted by Kadence View Post
I made the $100 purchase on 12/31 but it shows up on my statement as 1/1. Called today and rep said nothing can be done, she cannot manually apply the $50. She said $1 was put thru on 12/31 but the rest wasn't until 1/1. So I said I want to deny the charge as there's no point spending $100 at Airbnb if I don't get the $50 credit. She took the charge off and started the process.
Interesting. I had the same situation (bought on 12/31 but posted as 1/1) but just used the online chat once the charge posted as 1/1 (I always just use the chat instead of calling) and the credit was manually applied.

Granted this was probably 1/3 or 1/4 so perhaps they are no longer authorized to manually apply credit.
Duke787 is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 2:48 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 138
Originally Posted by tev9999 View Post
I just confirmed that if you have the Hulu $10 for $10 offer on multiple cards you can change your billing card each month and get the credits. I originally signed up but didn't use the Amex link, but i got the credit anyway when they billed after the seven day trial. A few days later I switched the billing card. The second month bill just hit and I got the e-mail from Amex saying the offer was used on card #2. $2 Hulu plus commercial free through April. ^
Thanks I have this offer on 2 cards today.

Also this just popped up:

Rite Aid

Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $15 or more in-store at Rite Aid by 3/30/2016. See terms for exclusions. View Locations Nearby
balwx is offline  
Old Feb 1, 16, 7:59 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Posts: 218
Virgin America
Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ in one or more transactions with Virgin America by 3/15/2016.

There were also mailers sent out (via reddit): http://imgur.com/a/cDkV4/
nakataboi is offline  
Old Feb 2, 16, 11:39 am
  #58  
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 9,950
Originally Posted by balwx View Post
Also this just popped up:

Rite Aid

Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $15 or more in-store at Rite Aid by 3/30/2016. See terms for exclusions. View Locations Nearby
Weird that it just popped up for you...my Rite Aid offers popped up two weeks ago when it was first mentioned in this thread:
Originally Posted by onthego15 View Post
$5 off $15 at Rite Aid on 2 of my cards this morning
But glad you were still able to add the offer to your card...some offers seem to get claimed pretty quickly!
JY1024 is offline  
Old Feb 2, 16, 2:33 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 161
Originally Posted by ed765 View Post
AMEX has a $25 back after spending $125 at Life Extension (supplement).

I had used similar offers to get gift cards for future use.

I recently placed a complex order which used several gift cards and left $125 to be charged to an American Express (I actually set it up with a $100 and a $25 gift card being used, and then deleted these to get the desired figure).

Looking at the AMEX statement I found a $124.95 charge.

I went to the Life Extension site and found the order. It was as I remember except for a $124.95 Amex charge and a $.05 due label (the order was delivered yesterday),

It looked odd, so I asked a CSR abouit it and had him ask and was told it was a rounding done by their computers. I got various odd stories about they knew nothing of such offers, and then their had been one, but expired long ago, and then for $100, etc.

I was promised an extra $.06 charge.

If this does not happen I expect to go there an place an order Vitamin D under $5.00, so the total exceeds $125.

Be warned.
They eventually agreed to rebill it so I would get the benefit.

However, I noticed the same thing being done on two other orders. With one of the cards I took the easy way out, and on an order mainly with gift cards, charged a small sum to the American Express card that had been charged $125.95 so the total would be over $125 between the two purchases.

On a third the pending was $125, but it was billed at a few cents less. I may call and complain unless there is a way to add a small sum to an order mainly to be paid for by gift cards.

It appears the safest way is to use the Amex for $125 in gift cards, and then make purchases with these. (or direct you business to a firm that does not try to pull a fast one).
ed765 is offline  
Old Feb 4, 16, 3:14 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 231
Virgin america spend $250 to get $50 back, supposed to be for tickets only. Anyone try to see if gift cards work?
TravelingRabbit is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: