Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 19, 2:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 16, 19, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by hsawaknow View Post
Suggestions on how to make this work without ending up with a Prada bag for my wife for Xmas?

Spend $500+, get 10,000 Membership Rewards® Points - Prada.

I also have a similar one for Ferragamo. Buy something and sell it on Ebay?
I didn't think about purchase to resell but it is a novel idea. I used it as a thought exercise and decided it wouldn't work. People who can afford real Prada aren't too worried about a small discount, so you might have to take a 15% or 20% cut, then give eBay 15%. Then you also have to bring in the risk of buyer fraud - all they have to do is claim you sent them a fake, and return "it", sending you the actual counterfeit in exchange for your real bag.
Old Dec 16, 19, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K (with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto)), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
I didn't think about purchase to resell but it is a novel idea. I used it as a thought exercise and decided it wouldn't work. People who can afford real Prada aren't too worried about a small discount, so you might have to take a 15% or 20% cut, then give eBay 15%. Then you also have to bring in the risk of buyer fraud - all they have to do is claim you sent them a fake, and return "it", sending you the actual counterfeit in exchange for your real bag.
Sounds terrible...almost as bad as all of those points laying around with no way to capitalize. I'll keep pondering.
Old Dec 16, 19, 4:55 pm

$10 credit for $50 Uniqlo purchase.
Old Dec 16, 19, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AAdvantage, Hyatt Gold Passport, HHonors
Anyone know who to contact if the offer doesn't "trigger" ? I used an Instacart offer (which was great! Spend $50, get $25 back up to 2x) and oddly the charges from Instacart posted as "NAMEOFGROCERYSTORE Instacart" for some reason. I also didn't get the standard "you've used your offer!" email that I get when using them...

It's been about 2 weeks now since the purchase.
Old Dec 16, 19, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya View Post
$10 credit for $50 Uniqlo purchase.
do you shop at unlock a lot with the Amex card? I’m hoping to get this
Old Dec 17, 19, 1:02 am
Suspended
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Thanks a lot. I wonder why AMEX does not make this feature more known by members? The hotels offers are for specific hotels I assume, as versus those for particular brand either nationalwide, or worldwide (though the details often restrict it to US properties only unfortunately.)
The offers themselves are for national chains. But the GPS indicator on the map is for the hotel local to you. But note that I sometimes get offers for other countries. Currently there is a Hilton offer only for UK hotels.
Old Dec 17, 19, 1:03 am
Suspended
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
I can't find the specific Nearby Offers button to click - thanks!
If you do not see it under offers, maybe you have to enable location services for the Amex App in your phone settings.
Old Dec 17, 19, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by tangentsquare123 View Post
Nope never shopped there. They just only opened here in Hawaii the last year or two. Went in for the second time ever to a Uniqlo this past weekend haha.
Old Dec 18, 19, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
I didn't think about purchase to resell but it is a novel idea. I used it as a thought exercise and decided it wouldn't work...
Correct, when the entire rebate is worth only 20%, quantity is 1, and the brand is Prada, there's no way it can work. eBay alone gobbles up close to 15%. The expected discount for an unlicensed vendor is probably 50-80%.
466SHH likes this.
Old Dec 18, 19, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by dszrew View Post
Got offer for Dell $120 back on $599 on 2 different cards. Good deal but I'm not sure I'm buying anything from Dell soon...
And DPs if xbox egift cards are triggering the credit?
Old Dec 18, 19, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by rocky_nnc View Post
Got a similar one $8500+ for 8500 points and i will surely skip it.
There is no place on earth i would spend that money and make any benefit out of it.
Has anyone who received one of these generic "spend $x and receive x points, up to three times" offers put the spend all on a single transaction or two transactions and received the full value of the offer? For example, if it is "spend $8,500 in one more transactions, receive 8,500 points, use up to 3x," and someone does one charge for $5,500 and then another charge for $20,000, will they receive 8,500 points, 17,000 points or 25,500 points?
Old Dec 18, 19, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by shotime1 View Post
Has anyone who received one of these generic "spend $x and receive x points, up to three times" offers put the spend all on a single transaction or two transactions and received the full value of the offer? For example, if it is "spend $8,500 in one more transactions, receive 8,500 points, use up to 3x," and someone does one charge for $5,500 and then another charge for $20,000, will they receive 8,500 points, 17,000 points or 25,500 points?
Old Dec 22, 19, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tangentsquare123 View Post
this seems to be a general offer. the problem is that amex maxes out at 100 offers. I had to add 98 to my account to get the count down to 99 still available. It is annoying that one has to do this to see all the available offers.
Old Dec 22, 19, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
this seems to be a general offer. the problem is that amex maxes out at 100 offers. I had to add 98 to my account to get the count down to 99 still available. It is annoying that one has to do this to see all the available offers.
Actually I notice that even though I let the offers remain at 100 without doing anything, the latest offers from the cruise lines as well as the much more useful Lowes offers, and the Olive Garden offers, show up at, among the top 10 offers on the list. This all happened recently, may be started this month.

So it appears that new offers do show up and at the top of the list, while the site purge older offers on the list. How the mechanism works? I have no clue but I am glad the need of adding useless offers in order to make room for new offers seems to be no more.
Old Dec 22, 19, 7:57 pm

There's also one disadvantage of adding useless offers -- lots of nag emails. We consent to them by adding, and there's no way to opt out.
Happy and josephstern like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: