Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 19, 2:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 11, 19, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I understand completely what you mean and how your set up is. The crucial point is, you have 2 cards that earn DIFFERENT currencies - Gold earns points, SimplyCash earns cash. That makes the difference which I tried to explain. Your 2 cards do not belong to the same "family", i.e. they do not earn the same thing.

If the offers are shown on different type of earning, such as in your case, one is earning membership reward pts and the other is earning cash, then it does not matter whether cards under same log in or different log in.

But if the cards earn the same currency, i.e. whether both are membership reward points or both are in cash, then even though the cards have different offers (one earns statement credit one earns pts) and even on separate log in, as long as you added one offer to the same "family" card (in the sense of currency earned), the offer on the other card would disappear.

This is a relatively new development that is NOT like that in the past. In the past you can have a statement credit and a reward points offer at the same time, for the cards in the same "family". As late as 5 weeks ago I had statement credit on Everyday and points earning on Business Plus card - both under same log in, and both worked. Not any more.

When I saw the Best Buy statement credit offer disappeared from the Everyday, I was quite surprised as it was the first time I saw such happening. So I did a little bit research and found out this was recent development during our long trip aboard, some reports of such new behaviors popped up in various sites. At first people were puzzled because not everyone seeing the same happening, then after more DPs a conclusion is drawn - that if the cards belong to the same "family", regardless how the offer shows up, once it is added to a card, the rest disappear.
I understood your post -- I don't doubt that the other version disappears and its good to know about the rewards structure thing if you're worried about offer claw back

My cards were separate MR/cash cards but family member's cards were both personal MR cards (ED & Green) -- saved both versions less than a second apart and both saved fine on there
Old Nov 12, 19, 8:04 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
My points from offers haven't posted in a week. Anyone else having this issue?

edit: points all hit today. Looks like Amex runs batch jobs for offers.

Last edited by slickvik; Nov 12, 19 at 7:43 pm
Old Nov 14, 19, 11:43 pm

anyone with the spend 2k, get 2k points offers receive an email after meeting the spend threshold? or do we just need to keep track of purchases ourselves to make sure we reached over 2k
Old Nov 15, 19, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by evor1 View Post
anyone with the spend 2k, get 2k points offers receive an email after meeting the spend threshold? or do we just need to keep track of purchases ourselves to make sure we reached over 2k
AmEx will often send you a "Congratulations" email whenever you make a purchase that counts toward an offer. This will not guarantee that you earned that offer. There's a small fraction of offers that do not trigger such emails.
Finally to answer your question: they will never send you an email to stop spending b/c you met the threshold.
Old Nov 15, 19, 7:48 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by evor1 View Post
I have a different promo and I have not received an email when I met the threshold. However, if you look at your account online, you should see a line item when you meet the threshold showing the points earned. My promo is one that I can earn 3x. I've done the spend to earn all of it, but I'm only shown - so far - as having done it 2x.
Old Nov 15, 19, 8:46 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
....My promo is one that I can earn 3x. I've done the spend to earn all of it, but I'm only shown - so far - as having done it 2x.
3X could mean "two bonus points per dollar".
Old Nov 15, 19, 8:54 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by mia View Post
3X could mean "two bonus points per dollar".
I suppose it could, but not in the context of my post. I got a "spend x dollars, earn y points up to 3x, expires Nov 21".
mia likes this.
Old Nov 15, 19, 3:25 pm

Here's a new retailer for me, Tiffany & Co. Get +2 MR per dollar up to 10,000 MR. Found on my BBP, so a total of 4 MR at Tiffany's.
mia likes this.
Old Nov 15, 19, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Cruise line offer

Got a new one today. "Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 3/31/2020. See wlcl.com/amex. For reservations only. See terms." Under the terms it says offer is valid for reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020 at..." It then lists each of these cruise lines websites and corresponding phone number.

It showed up on several of my MR cards.
Old Nov 16, 19, 7:04 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
100+ Available Offers

Seeing 104 available offers on one of my cards this morning. I have never seen more than 100, and have always added offers to make sure I go well under 100 so I get all possible offers. Is this a new development?
EDIT: Never mind, I think it was a glitch

Last edited by flyaxa; Nov 16, 19 at 7:35 am
Old Nov 16, 19, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by flyaxa View Post
Seeing 104 available offers on one of my cards this morning. I have never seen more than 100, and have always added offers to make sure I go well under 100 so I get all possible offers. Is this a new development?
EDIT: Never mind, I think it was a glitch
It probably was, for reference I'm seeing 78 added & 86 available this morning.
Old Nov 16, 19, 10:34 am

I saw over 100 offers on one of my cards yesterday...this new?
Old Nov 16, 19, 11:27 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
I saw over 100 offers on one of my cards yesterday...this new?
Scroll back to read earlier report. Do you see more than 100 today?
Old Nov 17, 19, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Scroll back to read earlier report. Do you see more than 100 today?
It was Friday...and I don't think I see over 100 now...should have taken a screenshot

Will check tomorrow
Old Nov 17, 19, 6:40 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
The 104 I saw was definitely some sort of glitch. When it was showing 104 offers, things were a bit wonky on the site, and I could not find an offer I knew I had. I logged off/on and it went back to 100 and the offer I knew was there showed up again. Amex site in general for me has historically always been a bit wonky, requiring log off/on.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: