Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by balwx
On my BCP today -

DETAILS

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $25 or more at BP or Amoco using the BPme mobile app by 12/31/2019. See terms for exclusions.
Yes, I also got that. And got a 20c/gallon discount on my first purchase.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I have same and another offer for $25 credit if one purchases a $45 Sam's Club membership.

I know nothing about Sam's Club.....is this something worth pursuing? Is Sam's Club competitive with Amazon, for example?

(Edit: I realize that Sam's Club is a sort of competitor to Costco...I think. My question is, is Sam's Club something worth joining?)
That's really something you need to decide for yourself. I don't think Sam's is as good as Costco. Do you buy a lot of bulk foods on Amazon? Maybe check to see if they'll give you a day pass to check out the place.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:18 pm

buy the costco groupon
Old Oct 5, 2019, 6:32 am

...Sam's Club something worth joining?
SC sells MGC's. There's little else of interest there.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:41 am

Smile

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Yes, I also got that. And got a 20c/gallon discount on my first purchase.

Yes, same here
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have same and another offer for $25 credit if one purchases a $45 Sam's Club membership.

I know nothing about Sam's Club.....is this something worth pursuing? Is Sam's Club competitive with Amazon, for example?

(Edit: I realize that Sam's Club is a sort of competitor to Costco...I think. My question is, is Sam's Club something worth joining?)
Well, if you're not already a member of one of those wholesale clubs it might be. They don't really beat Amazon, but you can get fresh foods and stuff there, and prices are generally decent. All those wholesale clubs are pretty similar in my opinion. While Costco has many fans (and is considered the politically correct choice due to their progressive labor policies), in my experience their service is awful. I've gotten more friendly and helpful service at Sam's. Costco employees literally run away from me if I try to ask a question, and avoid all eye contact. (At least at my local store.)

I have a Sam's membership I got with a Groupon that's expiring next week.
I believe I can get Walmart gift cards at Sam's. My plan is to stock up on those, since I can't get extra points there with any cards. They have other gift cards, too. It's just not true that the only worthwhile thing there is MGCs. I may even go ahead and renew my membership since this offer is good through 2019.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Well, if you're not already a member of one of those wholesale clubs it might be.
Thanks. We're members of Costco but for $20 it seems there's little downside to trying the competition.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Does anyone know how to get more offers (—>100) to show up? I have 65 and 81 and 92. Tried different browsers but same thing.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
....I have 65 and 81 and 92. ....
Which cards? The offers are targeted. The combination of card type, rewards program and cardholder demographics doesn't always generate the maximum number of offers.

Ms mia has:

PERSONAL CARDS
100 = Platinum (Membership Rewards)
100 = Everyday (Membership Rewards)
72 = Blue Delta (Skymiles)

BUSINESS CARDS
93 = Blue Business Plus (Membership Rewards)
55 = Marriott Business (Bonvoy points)
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know how to get more offers (—>100) to show up? I have 65 and 81 and 92. Tried different browsers but same thing.
Originally Posted by mia
Which cards? The offers are targeted. The combination of card type, rewards program and cardholder demographics doesn't always generate the maximum number of offers.

Ms mia has:

PERSONAL CARDS
100 = Platinum (Membership Rewards)
100 = Everyday (Membership Rewards)
72 = Blue Delta (Skymiles)

BUSINESS CARDS
93 = Blue Business Plus (Membership Rewards)
55 = Marriott Business (Bonvoy points)
And it seems to me that's easy to explain.

While some offers to earn extra Membership Rewards points have $ off equivalents, most don't. And thus most "extra Membership Rewards" points offers cannot by definition exist for non-Membership-Rewards cards.

And then on top of that, Amex labels some offers as for business cards only, and some offers as for personal cards only (and there seem to be way more of the latter than the former).

Plus it's obvious that Amex isn't likely to put an offer for Best Western hotels on a Marriott or Hilton credit card, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if partners might not have to approve offers that deal with other companies (or have rules against that written into their contracts), and if so that might explain a lot about differences from one partner card to another.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:41 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Does anyone know how to get more offers (—>100) to show up?
Add a few that are expiring soon to a card with 100+, refresh, new offers should appear. Repeat until you get below 100 offers.

EDIT: Realized I'm answering the opposite question than what you asked. But I'll leave this here in case anyone is stuck at 100 and wants newer offers to appear.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I agree that adding offers helps. Also, using your card at different merchant categories than usual also helps.

Lastly, check the nearby function on the app offers map, you can add those that sometimes don't appear in your list.
808traveler likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:35 am

Do all amex cards get offers? Right now I have everyday card and blue cash. Looking to maybe open another free card to get more offers.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by evor1
Do all amex cards get offers? ....
All personal and business cards issued directly by American Express, in the USA, receive offers. Not sure if Amex-network cards issued by other banks (e.g. Wells Fargo) receive them.

Last edited by mia; Oct 7, 2019 at 9:22 am
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Jatan
Staples
Spend $100 or more, get $25 back
EXPIRES 12/31/2019

DETAILS
Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Business Card to spend a minimum of $100+ in one or more transactions in-store at Staples or online at Staples.com by 12/31/2019. See terms for exclusions.
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Nice! They have a no-fee $200 visa gift card this week! Got it on my card and my wife's AU account but not on my kids accounts. Hopefully I won't get any hassle trying to do a split payment on one card and do $100 on each.
Thank you both. Buying $200 GC and splitting payment worked perfectly. Statement credit showed up in 2 days.
MisterBill likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.