Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My Plat has an offer for 5000 MR for spending $250 at Neiman Marcus. The terms specifically say no gift card but AMEX has a similar offer for $200 about 2 years ago that worked with gift cards. I don’t remember if that offer excluded gift cards or not. I got a lot of $200 e-gift cards from that deal, but that was a while ago. Can someone confirm that buying gift cards still activated this offer? Physical or e-gift cards?
I went into a physical NM store, bought $250 on a single GC March 10. March 12, my $50 credit was showing up already. Never got e-mail from Amex though.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:22 am

Check your Amex offers for 10 percent (up to $15) refund on spending for both cell phone bills and cable TV bills (two separate offers).

Free money is good.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Check your Amex offers for 10 percent (up to $15) refund on spending for both cell phone bills and cable TV bills (two separate offers).

Free money is good.
0 for 8 haha
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by lax01
0 for 8 haha
My sympathies! I got both offers on both of my BCE cards, netting $60.
lax01 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium

Free money is good.
Thanks for the heads up- unfortunately for me ,none of my 14 are showing it. Is there any chance Amex rolls these offers out gradually?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Troopers
My charge appears like this. I'll update if I receive the bonus points.

ETA: 10k points in my acct today
Excellent news! I came on here to update: I paid my bill today and immediately got the "You used your offer!" email from Amex. Glad your points came through despite your not getting the email.

Update: just wanted to add that I my 10k posted about 2 days later. And I've now used the second of this offer for another 10k. Same thing: got email immediately; points posted 2 days later.
Troopers and 808traveler like this.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Apr 21, 2019 at 9:28 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rxgeek
The one where I've run into it is the HGI in Garden Grove / Anaheim. (So that makes at least 2.) But it's otherwise a wonderful hotel IMHO, so I wouldn't tell anyone to not stay there based on that single issue. I just held onto my gift card and used it another HH property later, so other than the surprise that I couldn't use it at one of my favorite HH hotels, it was no big problem for me. (These were just some gift cards that I'd bought because of an Amex promotion for buying HH gift cards online, a couple years ago.)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Excellent news! I came on here to update: I paid my bill today and immediately got the "You used your offer!" email from Amex. Glad your points came through despite your not getting the email.
I'd say about 25% of the time I do not receive any confirmation email from Amex, but I've always gotten the credit for each offer I've tried to use anyway (so far, knock on wood).
Stgermainparis likes this.

Last edited by 808traveler; Mar 18, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:01 am

My cell phone bill is a little less than $150. Any thoughts on if I just do a manual payment to AT&T for $150, should that trigger the full 10% amount?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by rccsd
My cell phone bill is a little less than $150. Any thoughts on if I just do a manual payment to AT&T for $150, should that trigger the full 10% amount?
That will work
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:14 am

Is there a way to transfer an offer from one card to another? I saved an offer to one card a while ago when I didn’t think I would use it, but now I changed my mind and I want it on another card for stacking purposes. I know in the past when multi browser method worked, I could unlink the card with the offer and it would show up in the other cards, but since MBM has died and AMEX only allows one offer per cardmember, I doubt this would work. Any DP or tricks I should know before I try it?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.

Free money is good.
I found this one last night on 1 of 2 cards. Since my bill is about $180/mo, free $15. And honestly it was worth it for Amex since I'm intensifying my MR collection and had forgotten about my cell bill. so it will remain on the card for a while
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Is there a way to transfer an offer from one card to another? I saved an offer to one card a while ago when I didn’t think I would use it, but now I changed my mind and I want it on another card for stacking purposes. I know in the past when multi browser method worked, I could unlink the card with the offer and it would show up in the other cards, but since MBM has died and AMEX only allows one offer per cardmember, I doubt this would work. Any DP or tricks I should know before I try it?
There's no way to unsync an offer. But once AmEx did the following for me as a one-time favor -- they added a "note" to the account where I wanted the offer with a promise to honor it once the purchase requirement is satisfied. Collecting on that "note" was a bit of a chore. I had to be transferred to the fulfillment department somewhere in India, and spend a good half hour restating the whole sequence of events to the puzzled IT guy. It was eventually accomplished, but required a lot of time and effort.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
In case it helps anyone-found a Marriott portfolio offer on 2 of our cards today- 40 back on 200 spending
808traveler likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin
In case it helps anyone-found a Marriott portfolio offer on 2 of our cards today- 40 back on 200 spending
i have that on my BBP card, but not my Marriott card unfortunately. Any idea from the past if these is a single purchase or if it can be applied across multiple stays during the time frame? I have 3 $120ish stays next month this would work great for, but if it won't trigger, then better to use my Marriott card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.