Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I always wonder what kind of grocery store items people are willing to buy sight unseen...
Anything in a package, that you would not individually inspect anyways. If this were a worthy deal, perhaps frozen dinners, bottled beverages, sweets/candy, tea/coffee might be considered.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
That supermarket rebate offer should show up within a day or so of the final​​ charge posting, which can be a few days after the initial pending transaction.
So I called in and they said that because the offer runs until December 31, nothing will post until next year once the offer ends and "all my spending has been added up"
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I don't post a lot of the offers I get because they are pretty blah. I mean, for awhile, all I had was 5+ online wine offers. This one is interesting because it is different (like the insurance bill one). The allowed merchants and total rebate is a bit limiting, but not terrible. This is where I think AmEx excels, in promoting new types of card use (like shop small). I know Hulu has done a few offers in the past and currently (both multi-month and single), but at 99 cents per month, I wasn't going to trigger that one. This one does not include Hulu.

This is on my Blue Cash card. Note the clear fine print about not getting this offer added to every card in your portfolio.

Get 30% back, up to $15 Save on select streaming services EXPIRES 3/6/2019DETAILS

Get 30% back as a statement credit for qualified purchases made directly with select streaming services. Must enroll and redeem by 3/6/2019. Qualifying charges must post to your account by 5/6/2019. Limit of $15 in total statement credits. See terms.OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for purchases made directly on US websites with Sirius XM Radio Inc. (including both internet-based and satellite-based), Pandora, Spotify, Sling TV, CBS All Access and Showtime. Purchases may not qualify if not billed directly by the merchant. For example, if you purchased your subscription through a third party device/digital platform, cable/wireless/internet provider, or car manufacturer, you may get billed by the party you signed up with, and not directly by the merchant. If you are a new customer receiving a free trial, you may not be charged until the free trial period has lapsed. Offer not valid on accessories, parts or gear purchases. Excludes B2B purchases. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of $15 in total statement credits per Card Member. The enrolled account must be active, in good standing and not in default to receive the statement credit(s). Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 5/6/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
I don't post a lot of the offers I get because they are pretty blah. I mean, for awhile, all I had was 5+ online wine offers. This one is interesting because it is different (like the insurance bill one). The allowed merchants and total rebate is a bit limiting, but not terrible. This is where I think AmEx excels, in promoting new types of card use (like shop small). I know Hulu has done a few offers in the past and currently (both multi-month and single), but at 99 cents per month, I wasn't going to trigger that one. This one does not include Hulu.

This is on my Blue Cash card. Note the clear fine print about not getting this offer added to every card in your portfolio.
Got this on my Platinum and switched my Spotify Premium account off of my Chase card for the savings...too bad Netflix wasn't also included in this though :-(
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I wanted to look for that new streaming one and I haven't seen any new offers in a while and I see i'm at "100". Did we ever have resolution on here if I need to just start adding offers to allow new ones to pop up?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
Did we ever have resolution on here if I need to just start adding offers to allow new ones to pop up?
On my personal Plat, I currently have 93 available offers and 59 added to card. So yes, adding offers allow new ones.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gig103
I wanted to look for that new streaming one and I haven't seen any new offers in a while and I see i'm at "100". Did we ever have resolution on here if I need to just start adding offers to allow new ones to pop up?
The other thing you can do, of course, especially at this time of year, is wait. There are zillion offers which are expiring at the end of this month, and they'll be filled with others at that point. Some may be new offers, but others may be offers that were "hidden" before.

It can depend on when you want to use the offer as to whether this makes sense. If you're going to use them until after the start of the new year, you may just want to wait to see if they pop up then. If you want to use them, you may need to load a zillion offers you don't care about to "make room" in your list.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Duke787
$60 off $200+ Courtyard stay on both my AMEX Plat and AMEX Everyday (not on SPG card unfortunately -- that would have been preferred for bonus multiplier at CY property itself). Took it on the Everyday for the 20% bonus points.

Works out perfectly because I have a CY stay this upcoming weekend that's going to cost $248 so should qualify with ease
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I have that one, plus others for Four Points and Spring Hill as well.
I just noticed three individual offers of $40 off $200 at each of Four Points, Courtyard, and Fairfield (i.e. one separate offer for each brand) on my SPG card.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The other thing you can do, of course, especially at this time of year, is wait. There are zillion offers which are expiring at the end of this month, and they'll be filled with others at that point. Some may be new offers, but others may be offers that were "hidden" before.

It can depend on when you want to use the offer as to whether this makes sense. If you're going to use them until after the start of the new year, you may just want to wait to see if they pop up then. If you want to use them, you may need to load a zillion offers you don't care about to "make room" in your list.
I haven't paid close attention -- is there any downside to "clearing the way" immediately vs. letting things expire by themselves? i.e. suppose some offer is currently hidden, if I wait for stuff to expire by itself and that creates space for the offer, will it have a later expiration date than if I added a bunch of soon-to-expire offers now to cause the offer to pop up sooner?

My strategy so far has been, if I'm close to 100 and don't want them to fill up, I go through and add anything that expires in like the next month whether I'm interested in it or not, just to make room for any other potential offers.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Zorak
I just noticed three individual offers of $40 off $200 at each of Four Points, Courtyard, and Fairfield (i.e. one separate offer for each brand) on my SPG card.
Me too. What’s interesting is the offer is valid from Nov 14-Jan 31, so over a month has already elapsed.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Originally Posted by Zorak
Me too. What’s interesting is the offer is valid from Nov 14-Jan 31, so over a month has already elapsed.

On one card I had to "add" dozens of offers I had no interest in (to remove them from the list capped at 100) before these particular hotel offers showed up on that card. (I"d seen them the day before on another card without doing any such trick there.) So it seems to me that Amex may have prioritized these offers so low that if you didn't "clear out" your offers list they didn't show automatically until later.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
On one card I had to "add" dozens of offers I had no interest in (to remove them from the list capped at 100) before these particular hotel offers showed up on that card. (I"d seen them the day before on another card without doing any such trick there.) So it seems to me that Amex may have prioritized these offers so low that if you didn't "clear out" your offers list they didn't show automatically until later.
I read about clearing out the offers from my inbox a few weeks ago (I currently have 52 accepted offers even though I will probably only use 1-2). It still took a long time for those Marriott offers to show up on my card. Will be staying at a Springhill Suites in EWR in Feb with some friends. We have 2 rooms booked, so I will prepay $100 on each room in Jan to trigger the bonus.

It's a shame these offers are all limited to the US only.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So I forgot to add an offer before purchasing something. Thought I had. Any chance if I add it now, the sync will work?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
So I forgot to add an offer before purchasing something. Thought I had. Any chance if I add it now, the sync will work?
If the charge is still pending, there's a chance you'd still received the discount/points/etc. associated with the offer.

You have nothing to lose by adding it now.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
If the charge is still pending, there's a chance you'd still received the discount/points/etc. associated with the offer.

You have nothing to lose by adding it now.
Yeah, I added it anyway. Terms say "Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem." I may end up doing a return/rebuy if it doesn't post, and I don't expect it to. I'm so irritated I didn't add it the first time I saw it. Must have gotten distracted.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

now at 2.5 weeks, the John Varvatos 7500 points still hasn't posted.

If it doesn't post soon, I guess I'll chat them up when I have some time.
I did chat them up a week or so later (in late October), they said they'd start an investigation and to check in a week.

Well, I never chatted again, and it still didn't post, and then the other day I noticed my points total had increased and I checked and the 7500 bonus points had finally posted Dec 20, almost 3 months after the purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.