Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by halamadrid
I got the credits ($50 x 3) on payments to my personal wireless line (payment made through the att reglar website - not using the link in post). Same with the 5,000 x 3 MR offer.
Any luck exceeding the $300 overpayment limit on the ATT site? I noticed as long as I was under $300 in credits on the account I can continue to pay any amount but looks like I’ll only be able to do 2/3 $50x3 offers by the time the Amex offer expires
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
The whole notion of "adding" an offer to a card seems to me purely gameification.
Yeah, it is not gameification, it is targeted spending. If the offer was automatic and did not have opt-in, in some cases the advertiser is spending money unnecessarily. Another way to put it is people go to advertised restaurants and hotels even if they don't have the AmEx offer. Don't get me wrong, I get tired of opting in everywhere from Chase Offers, AmEx Offers, ebates, etc., but that is the marketing game.

AmEx Offers is a great, public example of how collected data can be used to create offers. WSJ article on some of this: https://share.qz.com/news/1232958/body/

What is very important to note from the article is if a customer is loyal, there is no need to offer a big discount offer if they would spend money at the merchant anyway. I think this is true with AmEx too depending on the merchant request for targeting.
levilevi and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors
Does it trigger my Amex Offer or Not?

I ordered $100 of clothes on ralph lauren .com on 26th.
Then I found the amex offer (250 - 50), and added the offer to my card on 28th.
I purchased 250+ of clothes on ralph lauren .com on 28th, and cancelled my old order on the 26th.
Would Amex recognize 250 spent, which would trigger the offer, or only 250-100 = 150 spend due to the cancellation of a previous order?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Originally Posted by msp3

Any luck exceeding the $300 overpayment limit on the ATT site? I noticed as long as I was under $300 in credits on the account I can continue to pay any amount but looks like I’ll only be able to do 2/3 $50x3 offers by the time the Amex offer expires
Pay the bill for your friends and family and ask them to pay for you next month or so.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHLondoner
Is there actually a downside to committing an offer to a card? The whole thing seems like a silly, but fun, game that Amex likes to play. Theoretically they could just load up all the cards with these offers and then send an update email with what's out there or post online as they do now. The whole notion of "adding" an offer to a card seems to me purely gameification.
Originally Posted by rccsd
The only downside that I see is that I have multiple cards and don't necessarily want to commit to adding it to one card before it's offered on another. For instance, I get Hilton offers on my Plat card but they haven't showed up yet for my Hilton card. I'm hoping that it will get added to my Hilton card but it definitely won't if I add it to my Plat card. About 1/2 the time, if I wait, it shows up on the card I actually want to add it to.
The other downside is the offer disappears.

I saw the $100/$500 World's leading cruise lines offer on a few cards but would like it to show up on a particular card so I waited. Now the offer is not there anymore. I am actually surprised it disappears so quickly because it was only mentioned here a few days ago. In the past the cruise offer did not disappear for weeks.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:47 pm

I have this offer on my card:
Get 15% back on purchases, up to $10
Save at U.S. supermarkets

I have been to the supermarket twice, and nothing has shown up. Does this only happen when the statement closes?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by jamesinclair

I have been to the supermarket twice, and nothing has shown up. Does this only happen when the statement closes?
Have you actually see it code as grocery store? I'm not sure Amex has a supermarket specific category, but I know some stores people consider supermarkets (Fred Meyers is one since about 50% of the store is food items) instead codes as "Superstores and warehouse clubs" or something, I doubt that would trigger the 15% back and it also doesn't trigger 4x on points.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:32 pm

No, my credit posted immediately after the transaction posted...and mine was a pretty small local grocery store...
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Have you activated the offer by clicking [Save to Card] ?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I got the W-A/Conrad $70 off $350 offer recently. It says that the booking must be direct and not prepaid, etc. Does anyone know if this will stack/work with Amex FHR?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by mia
Have you activated the offer by clicking [Save to Card] ?
Yes it is listed under my active offers

Originally Posted by acarney
Have you actually see it code as grocery store? I'm not sure Amex has a supermarket specific category, but I know some stores people consider supermarkets (Fred Meyers is one since about 50% of the store is food items) instead codes as "Superstores and warehouse clubs" or something, I doubt that would trigger the 15% back and it also doesn't trigger 4x on points.
It is a regular neighborhood supermarket (Key Foods) and does show up as such
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
That supermarket rebate offer should show up within a day or so of the final​​ charge posting, which can be a few days after the initial pending transaction.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:34 pm

does anyone know if you place an order through chat or phone with dell to do a price match will it still trigger the offer
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by evor1
does anyone know if you place an order through chat or phone with dell to do a price match will it still trigger the offer
Great question - I'd also love to know the answer if anybody knows!
Does Dell allow price-match after the order has been placed (like, moments after)? Their price-match website walks you through the process of placing a price-match order, but not how to price match after the fact.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Spend $175 or more, get $40 back

Hampton by Hilton & Hilton Garden Inn

EXPIRES

1/31/2019

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.