Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 19, 2:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015


Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 26, 18, 3:52 pm
  #2341  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 573
Originally Posted by Bidu View Post
Added ATT Business spend $150 get 5000 points offer to my PRG.
made payment thru att apps and website, posted as “AT T PHONE PAYMENT 800 288 2020” but didnt get amex offer email. Waited a week and still no points posted. Anyone has similar situation?
My Offer (and I believe the only AT&T specific offer) was specific to AT&T Wireless (ONLY) charges...and despite making a payment through the App for my Uverse services, the offer still did not apply to those specific type of charges from ATT
lax01 is online now  
Old Nov 26, 18, 5:53 pm
  #2342  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by msp3 View Post
For the most recent offers of $200 off $200 and $50 off $150 up to x3 when you pay your bill at http://att.com/smallbusiness expiring Dec 7, 2018, has anyone seen their credit post?

Just made a payment and it shows up as AT T PHONE PAYMENT 800-288-202 along with congrats e-mail, but concerned if these actually post for personal wireless lines...
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
My Offer (and I believe the only AT&T specific offer) was specific to AT&T Wireless (ONLY) charges...and despite making a payment through the App for my Uverse services, the offer still did not apply to those specific type of charges from ATT
My AT&T landline didn't credit either using website or mobile app.
lax01 likes this.
robchow is offline  
Old Nov 27, 18, 1:25 am
  #2343  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SEA
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
What happens if I get an offer on two cards but one is for points and 1 is for cash.
You can add them both. They're considered different offers and don't run afoul of the "limit one enrolled card per card member" rule. I've done this before many times with success.
weaseltown is offline  
Old Nov 27, 18, 1:27 pm
  #2344  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 74
Has anyone else noticed their Amex Offers maxing out at 100? There are a lot that I don't want to commit to a particular card but keep hearing about other great offers but they don't appear on any of my card (Plat, Pref, Hilton, Starwood).
rccsd is offline  
Old Nov 27, 18, 2:10 pm
  #2345  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,207
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
25K points for $1000 Crystal cruises
$100 for $500 Carnival, Holland, Princess, Seabourn, Cunard cruises
Thanks for finding this.
Sadly this also has the one offer across all AMEX channel language attached.
Happy is offline  
Old Nov 27, 18, 2:19 pm
  #2346  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 2,838
Originally Posted by rccsd View Post
Has anyone else noticed their Amex Offers maxing out at 100? There are a lot that I don't want to commit to a particular card but keep hearing about other great offers but they don't appear on any of my card (Plat, Pref, Hilton, Starwood).
Simply add offers to card to generate more/new offers. Currently, I have 44 offers added to card (most unwanted) and 98 available offers.
sdsearch and margarita girl like this.
Troopers is offline  
Old Nov 27, 18, 5:12 pm
  #2347  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southern California
Programs: AA PLT, WN A List, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz 5*
Posts: 2,202
Originally Posted by rccsd View Post
Has anyone else noticed their Amex Offers maxing out at 100? There are a lot that I don't want to commit to a particular card but keep hearing about other great offers but they don't appear on any of my card (Plat, Pref, Hilton, Starwood).
If you see this problem on available, you definitely need to add some offers. Maybe add the ones that expire the soonest if you don't care about them. You want to keep space for at least 10+ new offers to show as available. The Marriott cluster was 4 or 5 alone. I can assure you that if there is an offer that you don't use and the merchant renews it, you will get it offered again even if you added it before. As we know, only "used" offers where the merchant does not allow a use more than once will not be offered again.

On the added side, this is not true, but there is some weird unfixed bug where they limit the retrieve to 100. You might have more added to the card, it is just hard to get them displayed (or reminded). Thankfully, this is not so common, but it happens for about 2-3 months of the year for me. And I still don't add a bunch of useless offers I would never use, but I tend to have 20-30 available, not 100.

Also, don't forget to look for Nearby offers on the app when you are traveling. You would otherwise never get these offered proactively. I was able to add Cheddar (now part of Darden) from the map view - but that is not a chain in my home market.
rasheed is offline  
Old Nov 27, 18, 7:53 pm
  #2348  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 74
I'll give it a shot and report back
rccsd is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 10:43 am
  #2349  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PHL, LHR
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by rccsd View Post
Has anyone else noticed their Amex Offers maxing out at 100? There are a lot that I don't want to commit to a particular card but keep hearing about other great offers but they don't appear on any of my card (Plat, Pref, Hilton, Starwood).
Is there actually a downside to committing an offer to a card? The whole thing seems like a silly, but fun, game that Amex likes to play. Theoretically they could just load up all the cards with these offers and then send an update email with what's out there or post online as they do now. The whole notion of "adding" an offer to a card seems to me purely gameification.
PHLondoner is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 10:54 am
  #2350  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 74
The only downside that I see is that I have multiple cards and don't necessarily want to commit to adding it to one card before it's offered on another. For instance, I get Hilton offers on my Plat card but they haven't showed up yet for my Hilton card. I'm hoping that it will get added to my Hilton card but it definitely won't if I add it to my Plat card. About 1/2 the time, if I wait, it shows up on the card I actually want to add it to.
rccsd is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 11:08 am
  #2351  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 40,529
Originally Posted by PHLondoner View Post
....The whole notion of "adding" an offer to a card seems to me purely gameification.
Offers is an advertising program. The merchants pay to be included, their objectives and budget determine how widely an Offer is made. Adding an Offer indicates that you read it, and this provides some (smaller) value to the merchant, even if you do not make a purchase.
mia is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 12:06 pm
  #2352  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Posts: 314
can someone tell me if paying through paypal triggers an Amex offer?
rocky_nnc is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 1:33 pm
  #2353  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 24,681
Originally Posted by rocky_nnc View Post
can someone tell me if paying through paypal triggers an Amex offer?
I'd assume that it doesn't unless you hear that it always does.

Paypal purchases from ACME ONLINE come through as something like PAYPAL***ACME ONLINE

Meanwhile, Amex is declining 4x (on the refreshed Gold card) for restaurants using Square, and guess what: Square purchases from ACME DINER comes through as something like SQUARE***ACME DINER.
sdsearch is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 1:58 pm
  #2354  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Posts: 314
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
I'd assume that it doesn't unless you hear that it always does.

Paypal purchases from ACME ONLINE come through as something like PAYPAL***ACME ONLINE

Meanwhile, Amex is declining 4x (on the refreshed Gold card) for restaurants using Square, and guess what: Square purchases from ACME DINER comes through as something like SQUARE***ACME DINER.
Paypal offers i can understand but declining 4x is not good when there are cards which give us bonus just for using digital payments.May be a glitch.
rocky_nnc is offline  
Old Nov 28, 18, 6:19 pm
  #2355  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 445
Originally Posted by msp3 View Post
For the most recent offers of $200 off $200 and $50 off $150 up to x3 when you pay your bill at http://att.com/smallbusiness expiring Dec 7, 2018, has anyone seen their credit post?

Just made a payment and it shows up as AT T PHONE PAYMENT 800-288-202 along with congrats e-mail, but concerned if these actually post for personal wireless lines...
I got the credits ($50 x 3) on payments to my personal wireless line (payment made through the att reglar website - not using the link in post). Same with the 5,000 x 3 MR offer.
levilevi likes this.
halamadrid is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: