Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I asked this in a thread in the Hilton forum a few days ago, but no responses, regarding the multitude of Hilton Amex offers. I know the terms of these always say US Properties Only, unless they're specifically targeted like the "Hilton hotels in the UK" one that popped up, but has anybody ever inadvertently received the points/credit for a hotel stay abroad that met all the requirements except the country?

I'll have a 2-3 night stay up in Calgary later this month that would meet the spend and brand requirements, just not the US one. If there's a chance, then I'll use my Platinum card otherwise I'll ironically use my SPG Lux card since it's my min spend card right now.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Question on the 2x membership reward point earning offer Best Buy online, on the Business Plus card -

Does this mean it will be a total of 3 pts?2X PointsBestBuy.com
RETAIL//Get one additional Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend

EXPIRES10/31/2018Use shift enter key to know more about this offer
Saved to Card - xxxxx

REDEEM WITH THIS CARD
Redeem nowOFFER DETAILSGet 1 additional Membership Rewards point per dollar spent on purchases made using your eligible, enrolled Card online at BestBuy.com by 10/31/2018. See below for terms, eligibility and exclusions.

Yes, but only on the Blue Business Plus. On other cards, it's 2 pts. (I presume you know that, but I'm posting that in case someone didn't read your post carefully or doesn't know how the Blue Business Plus card works.)

In fact, all Amex offers that say "1 additional bonus point" are really 1.5x essntially, not 2x, on the Blue Business Plus card.

Such offers are not necessarily a full 2x either on ED or EDP cards where you got to "20" or "30" that month, either.

Which is why Amex should stop with the "2x" completely and only say "1 additional MR point" and no "X" language at all (unless it's only in an example perhaps).

Last edited by sdsearch; Oct 14, 2018 at 10:00 am
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, but only on the Blue Business Plus. On other cards, it's 2 pts. (I presume you know that, but I'm posting that in case someone didn't read your post carefully or doesn't know how the Blue Business Plus card works.)

In fact, all Amex offers that say "1 additional bonus point" are really 1.5x essntially, not 2x, on the Blue Business Plus card.

Such offers are not necessarily a full 2x either on ED or EDP cards where you got to "20" or "30" that month, either.

Which is why Amex should stop with the "2x" completely and only say "1 additional MR point" and no "X" language at all (unless it's only in an example perhaps).
Agree/ At first when I saw 2x before reading the small prints I was thinking about a total of 4. But the small print said 1 additional pt - so it really is only 3 pts in total. They should just get rid of the "X" language completely in the headline description, just use the more specific "how many" additional points instead.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:53 pm

buying Uber Cash did not trigger the current Uber AMEX Offer. unlike Lyft. fyi.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
A couple new Hilton offers out today. US Cards Only
-Spend $350 or more, get $70 back -- Waldorf Astoria + Conrad – Select Hotels
Get a 1X $70 USD statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $350+ USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at select Waldorf Astoria and Conrad locations in the US and Europe from 10/15/2018 to 1/31/2019. T&C's: Offer only valid for enrolled eligible US Card Members for purchases made at any of the following participating locations: Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts in the US, Amsterdam, Berlin, Edinburgh, and Paris; and, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™ in the US.

-Spend $250 or more with participating Hilton brands, get $50 back -- Hilton Hotels, Curio Collection & Canopy
Get a 1X $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to pay for your stay of $250+ on room rate & room charges in one or more transactions by 12/31/18. Valid at Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection and Canopy brands. T&C's: Offer valid only at Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton™ and Canopy™ by Hilton in the US & US territories.

I wish we'd get some Asia love on these offers...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:11 am

Got the two below this morning on my personal plat. i'd take the hilton one above if i could instead haha. Also got the waldorf one above on the gold card (former PRG)

- Get 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000+ in one or more eligible transactions online by 12/15/2018. Purchase must be in U.S. dollars.

- Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $200+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at Hyatt Place & Hyatt House hotels from 10/15/2018 to 1/1/2019.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cplush
- Get 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000+ in one or more eligible transactions online by 12/15/2018. Purchase must be in U.S. dollars.
terms?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:11 am

Get 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000+ in one or more eligible transactions online at aircanada.com by 12/15/2018. Purchase must be in U.S. dollars.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seems to be a regular with airline changing

first one i saw might have been AC, then others including europe, now back to AC

i presume i wont get AC after i spent with AC
like not getting repeat of four seasons after i spent with four seasons
(this could be another reason to have multiple MR earning cards)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 15, 2018 at 9:21 am
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by flyaxa
A couple new Hilton offers out today. US Cards Only
-Spend $350 or more, get $70 back -- Waldorf Astoria + Conrad – Select Hotels
Get a 1X $70 USD statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $350+ USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at select Waldorf Astoria and Conrad locations in the US and Europe from 10/15/2018 to 1/31/2019. T&C's: Offer only valid for enrolled eligible US Card Members for purchases made at any of the following participating locations: Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts in the US, Amsterdam, Berlin, Edinburgh, and Paris; and, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™ in the US.

-Spend $250 or more with participating Hilton brands, get $50 back -- Hilton Hotels, Curio Collection & Canopy
Get a 1X $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to pay for your stay of $250+ on room rate & room charges in one or more transactions by 12/31/18. Valid at Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection and Canopy brands. T&C's: Offer valid only at Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton™ and Canopy™ by Hilton in the US & US territories.

I wish we'd get some Asia love on these offers...
I had the Hilton one on my Hilton card, though not as generous with terms of $30 back after spending $300.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300+ on room rate and room charges when you pay for your stay with Marriott from 8/27/2018 to 10/25/2018. See terms for exclusions.
I just had 2 Marriott stays (Marriott and Courtyard) and didn't see the $60 credit. To my surprise, the offer is no longer showing up for my Amex Platinum personal card. Any ideas? Should I shot a note to Customer Service?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I had the latest Hilton offer and added it, but now do not see it in my added offers tab. Also, that tab appears to max out at 100 offers now. Did Amex impose a limit recently?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by johnathome
I just had 2 Marriott stays (Marriott and Courtyard) and didn't see the $60 credit. To my surprise, the offer is no longer showing up for my Amex Platinum personal card. Any ideas? Should I shot a note to Customer Service?
Did you add the offer to the card, and pay with that card?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Did you actually add it to your card?

Originally Posted by gooselee
Also, that tab appears to max out at 100 offers now. Did Amex impose a limit recently?
I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever seen more than 100 offers there. I wish there was a way to remove the garbage offers I'll never use...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
How recent for the later stay was "just"? The credit itself should appear a couple if days after the final​​ charge posts, rather than a pending one. That it disappeared is a good sign, if anything, that you fulfilled it. The only possibly troublesome item is that you should have received a Congratulations! message when you hit $300, including the temporary authorization at second check-in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.