Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Troopers
Google express stores: spend $50+, get 2,000 MR
I got the same offer at Google Express for the send... but I received $20 off instead of MR. Google Express also has a $10 coupon you can apply for $40+ (you see it on their page when you go there, valid until 11/21) so you can pick up $60 worth of stuff for $30 (50% off). Already used my deal this AM. Amazing!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I got the same offer at Google Express for the send... but I received $20 off instead of MR. Google Express also has a $10 coupon you can apply for $40+ (you see it on their page when you go there, valid until 11/21) so you can pick up $60 worth of stuff for $30 (50% off). Already used my deal this AM. Amazing!
Yea, I saw that too! I ended up with both 2000 bonus MR on the Plat and $20 on the Everyday card.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
I take screen shots of the offer on my phone so I can easily reference the card the offer is attached to.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Yes, just used it to get some pet supplies!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:10 pm

Question re: BestBuy $25/$250 Offer

There's currently a gift card link on bestbuy.com that redirects to bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/
Any experiences or opinions whether this channel would trigger the AmEx Offer as well?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:10 am

My best guess is no. CashStar is not part of Best Buy.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Can i combine an Amex offer with an AmericanExpress FHR booking?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
There's currently a gift card link on bestbuy.com that redirects to bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/
Any experiences or opinions whether this channel would trigger the AmEx Offer as well?
If you buy a physical gift card instead of an e-gift card the merchant of record will be Best Buy and it'll trigger the offer. For physical gift cards you'll remain on Best Buy's site the whole time and won't be transferred to cashstar.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by weaseltown
If you buy a physical gift card instead of an e-gift card the merchant of record will be Best Buy and it'll trigger the offer. For physical gift cards you'll remain on Best Buy's site the whole time and won't be transferred to cashstar.
I'd expect that e-GC's via cashstar will also not earn any BBY points, right?
So the AmEx Offer + the BBY points is definitely a better combo than the cashstar route with the rebate.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:06 am

So the AmEx Offer + the BBY points is definitely a better combo than the cashstar route with the rebate.
No, you won't likely earn BBY pts with eGCs via cashstar.

the $25/$250 sync credit + BBY pts is absolutely the best combo especially if you've reached Elite Plus status since you get 1.25 pts for every $ spent. I buy only VGCs from BBY and earned a lot of pts that I bank (this is available only to Elite n Elite Plus status based on total spending per calendar year) till they're high enough to pay for an expensive item. Another plus when paying with BBY certificates is tax is computed after the certs so it is not unusual to end up with zero total if certs are enough to pay for the item.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mamibear

the $25/$250 sync credit + BBY pts is absolutely the best combo especially if you've reached Elite Plus status since you get 1.25 pts for every $ spent. I buy only VGCs from BBY and earned a lot of pts that I bank (this is available only to Elite n Elite Plus status based on total spending per calendar year) till they're high enough to pay for an expensive item. Another plus when paying with BBY certificates is tax is computed after the certs so it is not unusual to end up with zero total if certs are enough to pay for the item.
I thought BBY did away the earning Elite status based on $ spent from buying VGC?

I missed the AMEX BBY offer this summer so I lost the elite status. However this go round I was able to gain enough points together with a laptop purchase made in April, for enough $ spent to earn the elite back. The points were still pending and the status had not been upgraded when I looked at it last week.
When would I see the status changed, if the VGC spend counts?

Agree on banking the reward points. I used $60 towards the laptop purchase in April and the $60 portion was not taxable (nor earned anything understandably).

You also get free shipping without threshold, plus extended period on the return.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure which AMEX BBY offer you talk about, as there is one $25/$250 and there is one 2x but only thru BBY's site.

All DPs I read from other sites, eGCs dont trigger AMEX offer, physical GCs do.

People also stack the current BBY's own promo on specific retailers gift cards (for earning the BBY's bonus card).
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:21 pm

I totally agree that the BBY Elite Plus shipping perk is a great plus. I needed a small travel adapter a few months ago, and they delivered me one in 2 days!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear

You do earn points for eGCs via cashstar. There's a place to put in your Best Buy rewards number. And of course, from buying physical Best Buy GCs in-store and online. I'll hit Elite Plus this year, but I've only spent around $300 on actual stuff for myself. I resell the GCs at The Plastic Merchant unless I know there's something I'm going to want to buy there right away. (Then, I try to just use my credit card and not buy GCs in the first place.)

Name:  firefox_2017-11-12_19-13-19.png
Views: 1657
Size:  5.2 KB
Name:  firefox_2017-11-12_19-13-27.png
Views: 1699
Size:  7.6 KB
MaxVO likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
You do earn points for eGCs via cashstar. There's a place to put in your Best Buy rewards number...
That's good news, thanks! Do you use the $15 bonus codes at BBY to buy their physical GC's?
With this DP, both deals have about the same value. So I see no reason not to try both.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.