Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 19, 2:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 11, 17, 4:04 pm

That's a good idea. The other thought I had was seeing if they would charge both AMEX cards for $300 each when I check in and use it as a credit against my folio? If they do it, wouldn't that work?
Old Oct 11, 17, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by LRD View Post
Thank you for catching that error. . . it was, of course, AMEX chat (corrected in my OP).

Yes, it was an FS Marriott, and I paid at the front-desk.
And it was just a Marriott, not JW or other brand? If so, you should get the credit.
Old Oct 11, 17, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by rdong002 View Post
That's a good idea. The other thought I had was seeing if they would charge both AMEX cards for $300 each when I check in and use it as a credit against my folio? If they do it, wouldn't that work?
I've done this. Not at an SPG property, but Aria in Las Vegas. It should work just fine. Put $300 on each card, and then use whatever card you prefer for the balance. I split up a 6 room 2-4 night Aria reservation between 12 Amex cards (not all of them mine, other people staying also had them.) We saved $720.

I also split a $700+ Best Western stay between 7 Amex cards once, saved $140 on that.
Old Oct 11, 17, 5:01 pm
LRD

Programs: AA LT Plat/6MM, MVP 75K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by penner42 View Post
And it was just a Marriott, not JW or other brand? If so, you should get the credit.
Yes, just a regular ol' Marriott.

I've been thinking about this and came up with a theory:

My "qualifying" reservations were LNF'ed. I'll bet the LNF process makes the booking appear as if it was booked by phone, rather than online (a requirement of the bonus offer). Then, the AMEX bonus system ignores the charge and throws-out a generic error. And, the AMEX chat team then makes-up a BS reason why the bookings don't qualify.
Old Oct 11, 17, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by tondoleo View Post
If you want this offer on your other cards I suggest creating separate logins for each card. The offer may show up for them under the new login.

Good luck
Even more importantly along with that is setting up well ahead and using separate browsers per account per card.
Old Oct 11, 17, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LRD View Post
Yes, just a regular ol' Marriott.

I've been thinking about this and came up with a theory:

My "qualifying" reservations were LNF'ed. I'll bet the LNF process makes the booking appear as if it was booked by phone, rather than online (a requirement of the bonus offer). Then, the AMEX bonus system ignores the charge and throws-out a generic error. And, the AMEX chat team then makes-up a BS reason why the bookings don't qualify.
I'm not sure if it makes it looked as if it was booked by phone, but yes, I bet it is indeed because your reservation was modified (by someone else) after booking. It may have simply thought the reservation was booked by "the LNF team" (a booking method qualifying for elite benefits by Marriott, but not a booking method qualifying for this Amex promo).

And I bring that up because I've heard of other situations where a booking someone made online (or using an app) somewhere (I can't remember in which hotel program) didn't get acknowledged as a reservation booked online because the hotel upgraded the guest, and from that point the system only had a record of the hotel modifying the reservation, no longer the original info of how it was booked.

So anytime you make a reservation and the reservation is modified by someone else (for whatever reason), that may risk promos which require the original booking method be recognized, depending on whether that system "preserves" your original booking method when the reservation is modified.

Last edited by sdsearch; Oct 11, 17 at 6:36 pm
Old Oct 11, 17, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin View Post
I have found that the easiest way to accomplish this is at the front desk the evening before checking out. They can run each card for a specified amount before the final folio is run sometime overnight. It seems easier than having them refund and rerun different cards once the folio has been finalized.
True that. The last thing you want to do is hog up the line at 11 am the morning of check out to do multi-swipes

I always do it the night before. Sometimes the hotel will say cannot pay yet blah blah bc the bill hasnt close but I find that if you are a bit more persistent, then they will do it for you.
Old Oct 15, 17, 1:06 pm

Any success with using cell phone 10% offer to pay for internet from the same company?
Old Oct 15, 17, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr View Post
Any success with using cell phone 10% offer to pay for internet from the same company?
Yes. I made a single $300 payment to AT&T and it counted for both the 10% satellite/cable/internet offer and the 10% cell phone offer. Got two $30 statement credits. I do have AT&T cell service and DirecTV satellite. The charge posted as "AT&T PHONE PAYMENT 800-288-2020 TX" on my bill.
Old Oct 15, 17, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slivrflyr View Post
Yes, but seems to only for paying ATT.

For Example, Comcast while has cell phone service, does not trigger double credits.
Old Oct 16, 17, 10:11 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
SPG Participating Hotels & Resorts .... Spend $300 or more, get $60 back
EXPIRES 1/31/2018

Many cards
I have hit a wall with this one. I enrolled( and confirmed by Amex rep) and the Sheraton charge posted. No email stating that I used my offer and no 60 credit. I contacted Amex and they tell me that the charge did not qualify and the merchant wasn't Sheraton, despite their own Amex posting to the contrary.

I am waiting the results of an escalation and will post again when they reply
Old Oct 16, 17, 10:15 am

I have hit a wall with this one. I enrolled( and confirmed by Amex rep) and the Sheraton charge posted. No email stating that I used my offer and no 60 credit. I contacted Amex and they tell me that the charge did not qualify and the merchant wasn't Sheraton, despite their own Amex posting to the contrary.

I am waiting the results of an escalation and will post again when they reply
Was this a standard stay paying with one card at checkout? Or giftcards, multiple payments or something else with intent to maximize the offer?
Old Oct 16, 17, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
Was this a standard stay paying with one card at checkout? Or giftcards, multiple payments or something else with intent to maximize the offer?
Standard stay paying with a single enrolled card
Old Oct 16, 17, 10:28 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Standard stay paying with a single enrolled card
What does the posted charge post as? If it says Sheraton they should be able to manually adjust the credit.
Old Oct 16, 17, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
What does the posted charge post as? If it says Sheraton they should be able to manually adjust the credit.
It says Sheraton,which is why this is so frustrating.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: