Amex (USA) Sync Offers

Hide Wikipost
Old May 1, 19, 9:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 22, 19, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sechs View Post
Any thoughts on whether the Hyatt Place/House offer will work on prepaid stays? Or does the charge need to be done at the hotel?
Should be spelled out in the terms.
Old Jun 22, 19, 1:00 pm

the way Hyatt handles prepaid rates is that the hotel charges the amount like a deposit, that is then transferred to your folio at checkin. AMEX would see the charge the same as if you were paying at checkout. the only issue is timing. the hotel can sit on the reservation and charge the card whenever it feels like it.

unlike Hilton, where advance purchase rates are charged by a central clearinghouse
Points Scrounger and sechs like this.
Old Jun 24, 19, 8:14 am

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
the way Hyatt handles prepaid rates is that the hotel charges the amount like a deposit, that is then transferred to your folio at checkin. AMEX would see the charge the same as if you were paying at checkout. the only issue is timing. the hotel can sit on the reservation and charge the card whenever it feels like it.
Good.

So, as long as my stay is well before the end date of the offer, I should be fine with prepaid, i.e., they should charge the card no later than the actual checkout date?
Old Jun 26, 19, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Fairmont/Sofitel

Found on my Plat card.

DETAILS

Get a one-time $80 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $400 USD or more on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at Fairmont or Sofitel Hotels & Resorts by 12/17/2019. See terms for exclusions.
Offer valid only at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Sofitel Hotels and Resorts in the US, Canada and Mexico.

Last edited by margarita girl; Jun 26, 19 at 1:06 pm Reason: added locations
Old Jun 26, 19, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Tit
I bought a gift card at a Residence INN today, like one second after the charge I got an email from amex saying that I used my offer.
Old Jun 29, 19, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Tit
That was fast

bought gift card 26, credited on the 27th
Old Jun 29, 19, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
So my $300 credit failed to post on a qualified CX purchase. I called, and the agent said their special "offers" team would "investigate" and get back to me within 24-48 hours. I asked to speak with a supervisor. He put me on lengthy hold, then came back and claimed there was no one available. After extensive back and forth, he promised to have a supervisor call me the following evening at a specified time. Of course I received no call. And have heard nothing back.

Anyone have suggestions on how to follow up with AMEX on this? I'm really pissed, the only reason I put this charge on my SPG AMEX was for the $300 offer, which means I passed up over 17k MR points by not putting it on my Plat.
Old Jun 29, 19, 8:48 pm

AMEX always sorts it in the end.

I got a letter last year with a check for some offer that didn’t process correctly on a closed card from 12 months earlier.

just move on. checkin in 6 months.
Old Jun 30, 19, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I got a letter last year with a check for some offer that didnít process correctly on a closed card from 12 months earlier.

just move on. checkin in 6 months.
That is completely unhelpful. I'm not going to just let a $300 error go and hope it gets resolved at some undetermined date in the future. Especially when AMEX has already failed to follow up per the phone agent's representations.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 30, 19, 9:38 am

even if you don’t find it helpful, someone else may prefer to set an Outlook reminder for 6 months and move along dude knowing AMEX is damn good at eventually sorting it. you don’t loose the right to loose your sh!t in 6 months, ffs.
Old Jun 30, 19, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
So my $300 credit failed to post on a qualified CX purchase. I called, and the agent said their special "offers" team would "investigate" and get back to me within 24-48 hours. I asked to speak with a supervisor. He put me on lengthy hold, then came back and claimed there was no one available. After extensive back and forth, he promised to have a supervisor call me the following evening at a specified time. Of course I received no call. And have heard nothing back.

Anyone have suggestions on how to follow up with AMEX on this? I'm really pissed, the only reason I put this charge on my SPG AMEX was for the $300 offer, which means I passed up over 17k MR points by not putting it on my Plat.
That's normal. Their CS sucks big time when it comes to these. All that is needed is opening a 'case' with their group that handles these issues. Often takes 6 weeks, but it does get resolved ... at least it has for me.
Chasing this further has been unsuccessful for me.
Old Jun 30, 19, 10:50 am

Went for dinner last night at Wynn and had a Wynn offer on my card $60 off $300 on room charges)... Once we paid I was pleasantly surprised that I got an email saying I activated my offer... Totally forgot about the offer until last night
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:21 am

Grand Hyatt
$60 back on $300

Kimpton
$60 back on $300

Exxon Mobile at the pump
10% back, $100 max
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thanks! Kimpton rebate a great deal while they're running a secret password through Labor Day!
Old Jul 5, 19, 10:32 am

I noticed on my Gold Delta CC there's a Delta Airlines deal, $40 off $200 airline ticket. But, only to 3 airports. SEA, BOS and another I don't immediately recall. Will be back to add it and expiration date momentarily.

Edit: Only non-stop flights to BOS, SEA and RDU. No upgrades after booking. Expires September 15, 2019.

Search this Thread