Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I’ve got an ATT spend $175, get 10k MR. but in the terms it also says “EARNING POINTS: Limit of 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member.” Does this mean that if I spend $175 twice, I will earn 10k and another 10k?
I have similar offer although mine is for ATT Wireless for Business (must pay your wireless bill or other service charges online directly with AT&T at att.com/smallbusiness). I believe you do earn 20k total if you charge $175+ twice. I do have ATT Wireless for Business and made a charge yesterday for ~$400 but did not receive the congrats email.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Troopers
I have similar offer although mine is for ATT Wireless for Business (must pay your wireless bill or other service charges online directly with AT&T at att.com/smallbusiness). I believe you do earn 20k total if you charge $175+ twice. I do have ATT Wireless for Business and made a charge yesterday for ~$400 but did not receive the congrats email.
Yes. That's the same as mine. I was typing on my phone and didn't include "for business". And of course now I see on my laptop that it says "up to 2x," so yes it is up to 20k (10k each time). My spouse used a similar offer last fall and did receive an email. I'll update when I've used mine.
Troopers likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:24 am

I have the ATT $100 offer on a card and many of my family members do as well. We won’t be able to use all of them due to ATT’s $300 negative balance limit. But I am due for a phone upgrade; ATT allows for full payment now or $25/mo. Will these charges work for ATT offer? Do the monthly charges just add on to my existing bill?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Has anyone tried purchasing Hilton gift cards at a Hilton hotel to trigger the offer (spend $250, get $50 back)?
First you have to find a hotel that has gift cards to sell. Some HH hotels don't even accept HH gift cards (applying against stays), so don't assume every one has them to sell.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sdsearch
First you have to find a hotel that has gift cards to sell. Some HH hotels don't even accept HH gift cards (applying against stays), so don't assume every one has them to sell.
OK, that's a little worrisome since I don't stay at Hilton very often. If some hotels won't accept them, I could be stuck with them for a long time. I will be in Waikiki in a few weeks so was planning on buying some there, assuming I can find some. But back to my original question "will that trigger the bonus?". I know what the T&Cs say (no gift cards), but I also know that I've had no issues with Marriott gift cards and a similar bonus.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I have the ATT $100 offer on a card and many of my family members do as well. We won’t be able to use all of them due to ATT’s $300 negative balance limit. But I am due for a phone upgrade; ATT allows for full payment now or $25/mo. Will these charges work for ATT offer? Do the monthly charges just add on to my existing bill?
what i did in the past is purchased phone thru att next with low downpayment, pay full when i received my installament bill (e.g. 3*$150) & received att offer credit
levilevi likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Yes. That's the same as mine. I was typing on my phone and didn't include "for business". And of course now I see on my laptop that it says "up to 2x," so yes it is up to 20k (10k each time). My spouse used a similar offer last fall and did receive an email. I'll update when I've used mine.
My charge appears like this. I'll update if I receive the bonus points.

ETA: 10k points in my acct today
Stgermainparis likes this.

Last edited by Troopers; Mar 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I’m now seeing a new WA/Conrad offer. “Spend $500 or more get $100 back”. It’s good through 6/30/19. I have it on both MR-earning cards and HH specific cards.

I'm also now seeing (but just on my MR cards):

HGI: Spend $175+, get $30 back - through 6/30/19

Doubletree: Spend $225+, get $45 back - through 6/30/19
Interesting... I held off adding the Hilton offers that only showed up my MR-earning cards (HGI, Hilton, Doubletree and Homewood) and today they all showed up on my Aspire and HH Biz cards.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:18 pm

here in Hawaii the only Hilton I've been able to find that sells gift cards is the Hilton Hawaiian Village, and they only sell them at the gift shop. Has anyone had any luck getting the Hilton amex offers to trigger at Hilton gift shops?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:36 am

I have an existing cash reservation for a Hilton in town. Went to lobby and paid $250+ for one of my nights in advance. 4 days later, $50 credit posted. Thankfully able to add this offer twice because I have a non-Amex issued Amex (WF Propel World), and I recently discovered Amex Connect offers. $100 savings in all.

Going to call a few other properties around town, like Waldorf, Garden Inn, and DoubleTree to see if they sell Hilton GCs. I'm assuming if I buy in lobby, it will code as the hotel and give me credit.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In my experience, it's not been that the hotel wouldn't accept a gift card, as that the front desk staff weren't sure how to handle it, so had to consult with management.

Gift shops almost never count as eligible purchases. I would think that one would have to buy it at the front desk to trigger the promo.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:58 pm

... Some HH hotels don't even accept HH gift cards (applying against stays), so don't assume every one has them to sell.
That sounds impossible. All businesses must accept their own GC, and AmEx/HH gift cards are valid world-wide. If a HH chain hotel does not immediately recognize them, pressure should be applied. They are required to accept them.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:16 am

My Plat has an offer for 5000 MR for spending $250 at Neiman Marcus. The terms specifically say no gift card but AMEX has a similar offer for $200 about 2 years ago that worked with gift cards. I don’t remember if that offer excluded gift cards or not. I got a lot of $200 e-gift cards from that deal, but that was a while ago. Can someone confirm that buying gift cards still activated this offer? Physical or e-gift cards?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by MaxVO
That sounds impossible. All businesses must accept their own GC, and AmEx/HH gift cards are valid world-wide. If a HH chain hotel does not immediately recognize them, pressure should be applied. They are required to accept them.
Sounds impossible but I read this issue popping up before. I can't find a link, though.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Sounds impossible but I read this issue popping up before. I can't find a link, though.
Just found one: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Virginia.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.