Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by cplush
what card is it on? only people i've seen post about it is for a biz plat
Mine was a Bus Platinum and AUs.

Others have had Platinum, Bus Gold, Bus Green I've seen mentioned.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
No go for me on my personal Plat, but wasn't planning on buying any tickets before then.

​​​​​​
Old May 9, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by cplush
what card is it on? only people i've seen post about it is for a biz plat
I have it on an AU card of my personal Platinum. Not on the primary card though.
Old May 9, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
I have it on an AU card of my personal Platinum. Not on the primary card though.
Similar situation, I have it as the AU of my wife's Platinum, but she doesn't have it on her primary card.

I know it says that gift cards are excluded, but does anyone know if that is true? They are supposedly excluded from the airline fee reimbursement as well, but there is an easy workaround for that, so I am wondering if it will work here. It has the one or more transactions language, so it may be possible to do 6 $50 GCs.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by J_Dub
Similar situation, I have it as the AU of my wife's Platinum, but she doesn't have it on her primary card.

I know it says that gift cards are excluded, but does anyone know if that is true? They are supposedly excluded from the airline fee reimbursement as well, but there is an easy workaround for that, so I am wondering if it will work here. It has the one or more transactions language, so it may be possible to do 6 $50 GCs.
In the past I've been able to trigger the offer with a single gift card purchase, no need to slice to $50 chunks. The trick is that you need to make sure you're visiting the desktop web site for gift card purchases. The mobile site for some reason routes the transaction through a third party, and those purchases don't qualify.
bizum likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:16 pm

For Hawaii $200 offered expired on 7/31/2018 , does anyone know if the room must book with Hilton hotel name only or I can book room with with Double tree Hotel or Hilton garden Inn Hotel. Please advise
Old May 12, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
For Hawaii $200 offered expired on 7/31/2018 , does anyone know if the room must book with Hilton hotel name only or I can book room with with Double tree Hotel or Hilton garden Inn Hotel. Please advise

Click on the offer and it will tell you exactly to which hotels the offer applies.
mhdena likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
I have two offers with BG for Amex Plat:

1. Bergdorf Goodman - Spend $500+, get 10,000 Membership Rewards® Points

2. Bergdorf Goodman - Get one additional Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend

Am I able to double dip if I activate both offers onto my amex plat? Or will one take priority over the other?

Thanks in advance
Old May 12, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by weaseltown

In the past I've been able to trigger the offer with a single gift card purchase, no need to slice to $50 chunks. The trick is that you need to make sure you're visiting the desktop web site for gift card purchases. The mobile site for some reason routes the transaction through a third party, and those purchases don't qualify.
And just as a follow-up, the $60 credit did indeed post to my account today. I purchased a $100 GC and a $200 GC earlier in the week. So this still works.
Old May 12, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by martial
Am I able to double dip if I activate both offers onto my amex plat? Or will one take priority over the other?
Yes, when one purchase meets qualifications of multiple offers, you'll get all of them.
Old May 12, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Yes, when one purchase meets qualifications of multiple offers, you'll get all of them.
thank you
Old May 13, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
So buying Hilton or Wynn, if possible, gift cards would trigger bonus? Then you would need to use by Amex offer expiration date or gift card exp date?
Old May 13, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by tobikosan
So buying Hilton or Wynn, if possible, gift cards would trigger bonus? Then you would need to use by Amex offer expiration date or gift card exp date?
gift cards are excluded per the t&c's for the hilton one. not sure about the wynn.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:10 pm

Did anyone successfully trigger the Amex offer when using the Hilton offer (spend $300, get 3,500 MR) on international Hilton properties that charged in USD?

the terms said only valid for Hilton properties located in US and US territories
Old May 14, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
Did anyone successfully trigger the Amex offer when using the Hilton offer (spend $300, get 3,500 MR) on international Hilton properties that charged in USD?

the terms said only valid for Hilton properties located in US and US territories
not sure if they consider aruba a territory, but i've successfully used previous amex offers at the hilton aruba which charges in USD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.