FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

steamproof Dec 5, 2018 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by dblue (Post 30502393)
Bought two $50 gift cards on Delta.com with new AMEX Gold. Posted Dec. 2nd, AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement appeared today (12/5) but was dated 12/4.

what did it post as on your statement?

I made 2 x 50 purchases for ecerts on delta.com with amex platinum but it coded as the following on 02DEC:
DELTA AIR LINES GC
25 PEARL STREETPORTLANDME04101
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
Additional Information: 98526746YOK GIFT CARDSGIFT CARDSReference: 320183370731237209
Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase

Still pending..but seeing as how it says gift cards and not travel makes me think I'm not going to get the credit....

Diplomatico Dec 5, 2018 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by steamproof (Post 30503740)
what did it post as on your statement?

I made 2 x 50 purchases for ecerts on delta.com with amex platinum but it coded as the following on 02DEC:
DELTA AIR LINES GC
25 PEARL STREETPORTLANDME04101
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
Additional Information: 98526746YOK GIFT CARDSGIFT CARDSReference: 320183370731237209
Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase

Still pending..but seeing as how it says gift cards and not travel makes me think I'm not going to get the credit....

99.9% that you will not receive the credit. The address listed is for CASHSTAR, a company to whom Delta outsources gift card purchases on its mobile website.

Did you use a mobile device to place the order? If so, no go. (Btw, the wiki at the top of the page tells you this.)

gengar Dec 5, 2018 11:19 pm

2x $50 GCs on AMEX Gold posted 12/1, reimbursement posted 12/3.

Mogreen Dec 6, 2018 8:20 am

Finally remembered to take advantage of this benefit -

Purchased four $50 Electronic Gift Cards on December 4th on Delta.com using link from Wiki

Amex Fee Airline Reimbursement posted for each transaction this morning December 6th , but dated December 5th

mk1 Dec 6, 2018 11:56 am

Data point:
Purchased 2 $50 gift cards on 12/3 and posted as two separate charges
Received 2 $50 credits on my account 12/4

DebitNM Dec 6, 2018 3:10 pm

Just got approved for Amex Personal Platinum today. Trying to get use of $200 travel credit in 2018 so it will be reset in 2019 and not lose this years' credit.
Is it better to buy 4 x $50 gc and then use gc to pay for upgrades from economy to plus.
OR
Should I just buy the upgrades on DL website directly?
In either case, I would have about $20 left over this way that won't get used in 2018
(Already have tickets booked for March 2019, so this would be just for the upgrade)
Thanks~

mia Dec 6, 2018 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM (Post 30506603)
....use gc to pay for upgrades from economy to plus.
OR
Should I just buy the upgrades on DL website directly?

I would do a bit more research before buying anything:

eGifts and Cards may only be used for the total purchase price of air transportation, including taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed on the air transportation. They may not be used for any additional fees (including baggage fees) or for any other products or services (including class upgrades, in-flight purchases, premium seating, mileage booster, SkyMiles Cruises, cargo, hotel stays, or car rentals).
The terms of the fee reimbursement benefit explicitly excludes "upgrades", but does cover "seat selection" fees. You should look through the thread to understand if Economy+ fees are reimbursed automatically, or if you will need to call to explain that this expense is for choosing seats in the same class of service as purchased.

DebitNM Dec 6, 2018 3:34 pm

Thank you

uwey Dec 6, 2018 6:43 pm

I got the AirBNB promotion offer and did a 5x5 0 GC with amx HH asp.

DON'T DO IT! that 25$ Airbnb was used on CashSTAR site (it looks exactly like Delta and is in DELTA website)
POST date: DEC/6/2018
I saw on my phone as soon as I click process payment and it pop said CASHSTR I know it was bad.

ONLY USE THE LINK provided here, don't go on click random stuff.
I am ok with it because of Delta GC never expire/no-blackout policy, DL mile is pennies but cash gift card always good.

I am planning to use the link to get it correct this time.

Happy Dec 6, 2018 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by uwey (Post 30507284)
I got the AirBNB promotion offer and did a 5x5 GC with amx HH asp.

DON'T DO IT! that 25$ Airbnb was used on CashSTAR site (it looks exactly like Delta and is in DELTA website)
POST date: DEC/6/2018
I saw on my phone as soon as I click process payment and it pop said CASHSTR I know it was bad.

ONLY USE THE LINK provided here, don't go on click random stuff.
I am ok with it because of Delta GC never expire/no-blackout policy, DL mile is pennies but cash gift card always good.

I am planning to use the link to get it correct this time.

You made the mistake to use mobile device to make the purchase.

It is not the issue of link because if you use mobile device, it will still be billed by CASHSTR.

In order to get the charge billed by DL, it needs to go thru DESKTOP. I dont know if a Desktop mode on your phone would work or not - but using an actual computer / laptop has been the fool-proof method. Phone and Tablet all get billed by CASHSTR. It is quite clear in the Wiki that only going thru computer would work, i.e. being billed by DL instead of 3rd party.

sumnem Dec 7, 2018 7:14 am

Data point:

Bought 2 GCs at $50 each on 11/30 and got reimbursed on 12/01
Bought 2 GCs at $50 each on 12/01 and got reimbursed on 12/04

uwey Dec 7, 2018 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30507716)
You made the mistake to use mobile device to make the purchase.

It is not the issue of link because if you use mobile device, it will still be billed by CASHSTR.

In order to get the charge billed by DL, it needs to go thru DESKTOP. I dont know if a Desktop mode on your phone would work or not - but using an actual computer / laptop has been the fool-proof method. Phone and Tablet all get billed by CASHSTR. It is quite clear in the Wiki that only going thru computer would work, i.e. being billed by DL instead of 3rd party.

No I didn’t use mobile, that was the issue I failed to mention.

I use desktop, and I bet because it is promotional deal so it directly jump to other site. I complete the process before I realized it.

25$ airbnb deal is not worth the risk. Not my first rodeo and I always use desktop anyway.

once I get the final result will be back for data point entry. Successful or not.

EZTraveler Dec 7, 2018 11:54 pm

Upgrading to exit row worked for me but comfort plus did not. This was April 2018.

financialhippie Dec 8, 2018 5:19 am

Originally Posted by uwey (Post 30511005)

No I didn’t use mobile, that was the issue I failed to mention.

I use desktop, and I bet because it is promotional deal so it directly jump to other site. I complete the process before I realized it.

25$ airbnb deal is not worth the risk. Not my first rodeo and I always use desktop anyway.

once I get the final result will be back for data point entry. Successful or not.

I also bought a few with this promotion and I'm not sure it's going to work for the credit either

Hawkeyefan Dec 10, 2018 10:32 am

Originally Posted by EZTraveler (Post 30511704)
Upgrading to exit row worked for me but comfort plus did not. This was April 2018.

Good to know.