FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

UA Fan Oct 11, 18 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30294967)
There's no downside to buying a Delta eCert in an amount larger than $50. If it isn't reimbursed you have lost nothing, because you have paid $200 for an item worth exactly $200. Just try it, and see if it is reimbursed.

Correct me if I am wrong but when buying a ticket on dl.com I think there is a limit on the number of GC one can use, so in that case cards with large amounts could be handy.

lax01 Oct 11, 18 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 30305167)
Correct me if I am wrong but when buying a ticket on dl.com I think there is a limit on the number of GC one can use, so in that case cards with large amounts could be handy.

you should read the wiki in the first post in this thread:

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) have been reimbursed in practice, even though technically they do not meet the criteria listed by Amex for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use Denomincations]this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry; they'll post later as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts, but in some cases two one-ways may cost more than a single roundtrip so compare carefully to decide whether using more than 3 certs on a single trip is worthwhile.
  • If purchasing a ticket for more than 1 person, splitting the purchase into a separate transaction for each person would also allow the use of more than 3 certs on a single trip at (usually) no additional cost. However this could have an adverse effect on ability to upgrade, upgrade priority, and other elite benefits, and on the likelihood of being reaccommodated on the same flight in the event of a flight cancellation.
  • eCerts do not expire. Their T&Cs are listed here.

mia Oct 11, 18 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 30305167)
....cards with large amounts could be handy.

Understood, but the question is whether or not they will be reimbursed, and the way to find out is to buy a larger denomination certificate and see if it is reimbursed.

JustAnotherGuy001 Oct 11, 18 8:50 pm

That's what s/he mentioned ? only 3 eCerts per booking ?

weaseltown Oct 12, 18 12:47 am

Originally Posted by JustAnotherGuy001 (Post 30305909)
That's what s/he mentioned ? only 3 eCerts per booking ?

The 3 certs per booking restriction is only if done via the web site. Check the gift card T&Cs.

"If redeemed at www.delta.com, a maximum of three forms of payment (including eGifts or Cards) can be applied towards a single transaction, regardless of the number of tickets purchased as part of that transaction; if redeemed through any other method, a maximum of three forms of payment (including eGifts or Cards) can be applied toward a single ticket. eGifts and Cards can be used with other eGifts and/or Cards, but cannot be used in conjunction with any other certificate, voucher or credit towards a single ticket."

Emphasis theirs.

LouNanne Oct 12, 18 9:57 pm

I bought 2 x $50 certs with new gold card on 10/09 and received the credit today.

twkidM3 Oct 14, 18 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by LouNanne (Post 30309835)
I bought 2 x $50 certs with new gold card on 10/09 and received the credit today.

Yah I bought on 10/12, it already posted on my account as 2x$50 charge. But did not receive the credit reimbursement on the account yet. Guess it'll take a few more days.

frankhi Oct 14, 18 7:46 pm

bot 5 X 50 on 10/10 credit posted at nt on 10/14 on aspire

zagguru Oct 15, 18 4:40 am

any way at all to use more than 3 gift cards on a single one-way ticket? I even tried to book and refund in hopes that they put all 3 on one e-credit

VoiD Oct 15, 18 11:23 am

Originally Posted by zagguru (Post 30316632)
any way at all to use more than 3 gift cards on a single one-way ticket? I even tried to book and refund in hopes that they put all 3 on one e-credit

did you try calling them? what did they say?

Seabilly Oct 15, 18 9:42 pm

Purchased 5X50 on 10/11. Posted to acct 10/12. Reimbursed 10/13

geguia Oct 16, 18 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Seabilly (Post 30319536)
Purchased 5X50 on 10/11. Posted to acct 10/12. Reimbursed 10/13

Hi All - so i'm seeing everyone get their reimbursements but what about applying MULTIPLE GCs to a flight ? ONE person has chimed in that THEY DO NOT STACK.

What is the story?

Thanks

mia Oct 16, 18 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by geguia (Post 30322811)
.... what about applying MULTIPLE GCs to a flight ? ....

This information is in the Wikipost at the top of the thread:

A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts, but in some cases two one-ways may cost more than a single roundtrip so compare carefully to decide whether using more than 3 certs on a single trip is worthwhile.

geguia Oct 17, 18 8:43 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30322897)
This information is in the Wikipost at the top of the thread:

thx!

homerunnermhs Oct 21, 18 1:33 pm

Purchased 50 e GC on october 18th.. still nothing