FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

arollins Aug 24, 2017 5:41 am

Originally Posted by guitarguy19 (Post 28729490)
I googled this but couldn't find it. What is TATL?

TATL Trans Atlantic
TPAC Trans Pacific

guitarguy19 Aug 24, 2017 7:49 am

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 28729541)
TATL Trans Atlantic
TPAC Trans Pacific

Thanks!

So...it appears these DL e-gift cards are kind of a pain in the butt to use.

However, from a chat at DL.com, I'm told that you can use DL gift cards towards miles+cash fares. 3 certs per ticket just like a paid fare. Anyone have experience with this?

Award flights to HI are 35k miles + $145 for C+. With the Amex Plat $200 for 2017 I will have $300 with a total of 6 X $50 e-gift cards.

This option looks like it might be the way to go!

guitarguy19 Aug 25, 2017 9:43 am

Question:

Anyone have any feedback on whether seat selection fees such as selecting an exit row will be reimbursed?

Debating on regular cabin or C+ for DTW to LIH and then OGG to DTW.

Award flights in C+ are getting me only about 1.3 c per mile, 2 ish c per mile on regular coach award flights...so debating on just picking an exit row and calling it good enough.

Reviews of C+ has me thinking that it's not worth much more than a regular economy seat. Extra leg room is nice, but much more than an exit row? Free cocktail would be nice but don't really care. Already have priority boarding with DL Plat Amex, so that doesn't matter. Dedicated overhead space also won't matter...we'll be checking bags. Power at the seat will be nice but don't most planes have that anyway nowadays?

sdix Aug 25, 2017 10:25 am

4 x $25 GC's bought Aug 23rd. Reimbursed 24th.

thebat Sep 7, 2017 7:41 am

Pay baggage fees after flight is booked

I have used my $200 credit for this year. I have DL flights booked for next February. Can I use my Amex card after January 1st to pay the baggage fees for these flights? Is there a place on the website to add baggage and pay fees months after the flight is booked?

pallhedge Sep 7, 2017 8:17 am

Originally Posted by thebat (Post 28787674)
I have used my $200 credit for this year. I have DL flights booked for next February. Can I use my Amex card after January 1st to pay the baggage fees for these flights? Is there a place on the website to add baggage and pay fees months after the flight is booked?

You can pay baggage fees when you check-in 24 hours before your flight.

Travelinglee Sep 8, 2017 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by superpanjy (Post 25984940)
data point. bought $50 X 4 egift card on Jan 5th, posted on Jan 7th, reimbursement posted Jan 8th

hi looking for ways to utilize me travel credits. does anyone know if this still works? do you use the GC like cash?

vinhtantran Sep 8, 2017 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by sdix (Post 28735066)
4 x $25 GC's bought Aug 23rd. Reimbursed 24th.

Where did you get $25 GC?

11_38 Sep 14, 2017 8:02 am

Reimbursement applied to Award taxes

Greetings all. I recently booked DL to Aruba for my wife and I this coming December. Good opportunity to use up a big stash of Skymiles. Each ticket did come with $75 in various taxes which charged against my Amex Plat for the 5x points.

I was surprised to see a few days later the $75 back as airline reimbursement credits, making the taxes net $0.

Solid use of the credit IMO, still have $100 on my PRG to use on remaining inflight purchases for the year or $50 DL GCs. I find the gift cards rather restrictive, wish they would allow use toward seat upgrades.

Cheers.

edealinfo12345 Sep 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Can Delta e-certs be used to buy Delta miles? This has not been clarified in the wiki.

mia Sep 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by edealinfo12345 (Post 28826399)
Can Delta e-certs be used to buy Delta miles? .

No, Follow the link in the Wikipost to read:

Gift Cards may be redeemed for any Delta-marketed flight worldwide by visiting delta.com or by calling 1-800-221-1212.

Gift Cards may only be redeemed for the cost of air transportation, including taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed on the air transportation. They may not be used for any additional fees (including baggage fees) or for any other products or services (including upgrades, in-flight purchases, premium seating, mileage booster, SkyMiles Cruises, cargo, hotel stays, or car rentals).

Redemption

The eGift Card Number and Redemption Code located in the digital Delta eGift Card ("eGift") or on the back of the physical Delta Gift Card ("Card"), as applicable, are required for redemption.
eGifts and Cards purchased through delta.com may not be redeemed within seventy-two (72) hours after the time of purchase. Cards purchased in retail locations may require at least twenty-four (24) hours after the time of purchase before redemption.
eGifts and Cards can only be redeemed using one of the methods specified below :

Through delta.com.
Call Delta Air Lines Reservations and advise the agent that you are redeeming an eGift or a Card. In the U.S. and Canada, call 800-221-1212 or 800-225-2525; in Japan, call 0570-077733 or 0476-31-8000; and in all other countries, call the local Delta Air Lines Reservations office. This method of redemption may result in direct ticketing charges.
Call Delta Vacations at 800-800-1504. (Travel agents, call 800-727-1111.)
In person at a Delta Air Lines City Ticket Office (CTO) or with Delta Air Lines Airport Customer Service (ACS).
Through a Delta Air Lines General Sales Agent (GSA).

thebat Sep 18, 2017 8:48 am

Originally Posted by IndyHoosier (Post 28635466)
There is a three gift card max.

So if you use three gift cards can you pay the balance with a credit card? Or does the "three forms" term mean you could only use two GC's and then a CC to pay the balance?

pallhedge Sep 19, 2017 6:02 am

Originally Posted by thebat (Post 28829445)
So if you use three gift cards can you pay the balance with a credit card? Or does the "three forms" term mean you could only use two GC's and then a CC to pay the balance?

3 GCs plus a credit card. I recall reading DP's of using more than 3 GCs if you book a flight on the phone.

jaybor Sep 20, 2017 7:31 am

Anyone have success recently?

I purchased on 9/18 and on 9/19 the charge looks like "Document Type: PASSENGER TICKET".

Wondering if that means that it won't get reimbursed.

mia Sep 20, 2017 7:47 am

Originally Posted by jaybor (Post 28837947)
... "Document Type: PASSENGER TICKET".

Welcome to Flyertalk. This is normal, review the Wikipost at the top of this thread:

eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry; they'll post later as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.