FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

Fly_Me_Home Apr 24, 17 9:56 pm

Yeah, I'm wondering myself - I figured someone, in all these threads would have tried it by now - especially with goodie like Amazon which you could turn into all kinds of other gift cards, including buying a Southwest gift card if you so desired since they have them regularly.

I'm new to this benefit as I just got the card again, after cancelling years ago since it has more value now! I'd assume it might work if in $50 increments as with the regular Delta eGift card - Let's see if anyone wants to try it!?

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl (Post 28225647)
Ah gotcha.

Not sure... want to be the guinea pig?

adeebm Apr 25, 17 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 (Post 27907529)
Been reading lots of report PGGM is dead with Delta, any workarounds?

If it's dead, any recommendations on a hack to cash out the travel credit? Would prefer not to take Airline GC, still have tons of those....

Didn't work for my friend last week. Think it's dead. Where else have you heard this though? I can't find any reports or alternatives.
To note, the version my friend used was adding Mileage Boosters while purchasing the ticket. Perhaps adding after purchase, or adding EC instead will make a difference. I'll try it out soon..

budblab Apr 26, 17 5:20 am

No reimbursement for foreign transactions

I had a $40 charge from Delta Japan that was recorded as a foreign transaction (although paid on Delta.com in the US). It did not get reimbursed. Supervisor at Amex told me that foreign transactions do not qualify. I could not find that in the T&C from Amex, but he told me it was against the terms in their agreement with Delta.:confused:

Bobberjet Apr 26, 17 7:31 am

This may be a totally n00b question that I overlooked, but are you unable to store Delta eGifts in your Wallet? If so, that definitely increases the likelihood of breakage.

adeebm Apr 26, 17 10:42 am

Originally Posted by budblab (Post 28231180)
I had a $40 charge from Delta Japan that was recorded as a foreign transaction (although paid on Delta.com in the US). It did not get reimbursed. Supervisor at Amex told me that foreign transactions do not qualify. I could not find that in the T&C from Amex, but he told me it was against the terms in their agreement with Delta.:confused:

Try getting a chat rep to reimburse?

masteraleph Apr 26, 17 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl (Post 28225647)
Ah gotcha.

Not sure... want to be the guinea pig?

I'd be willing to be a guinea pig, if I could find it on the Delta site. Seeing them in the skymiles store, but can't locate them on the main Delta site (i.e., a way to pay cash for them).

budblab Apr 26, 17 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by adeebm (Post 28232441)
Try getting a chat rep to reimburse?

The chat supervisor was the person who informed me about the policy.

Bobberjet Apr 26, 17 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by budblab (Post 28233924)
The chat supervisor was the person who informed me about the policy.

I feel like many CSRs say "it's in the T&Cs" as though that's the end of the inquiry. Typically at that point I welcome them to show me where in the T&Cs this language can be found.

ntr91 Apr 26, 17 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Fly_Me_Home (Post 28225803)
You are incorrect, Delta sells tons of eGift cards, including for Amazon as I mentioned, as well as others - all sold and delivered from the Delta eGift card store.

Can you provide a screenshot? I don't see anywhere where you can buy anything other than Delta Gift Cards and eGift Cards for cash.

If you're talking about purchasing through the SkyMiles Marketplace, these marketplaces are usually operated by an affiliate marketing program and will not code as travel.

budblab Apr 27, 17 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Bobberjet (Post 28233954)
I feel like many CSRs say "it's in the T&Cs" as though that's the end of the inquiry. Typically at that point I welcome them to show me where in the T&Cs this language can be found.

Yeah, I realize I could push the issue, maybe win in the end...or not. I can use my credit another time with less aggravation. Just wanted to warn others that getting reimbursed for a Delta foreign transaction may be an uphill battle.

Long Islander Apr 30, 17 6:10 am

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl (Post 28210093)
Reimbursement posted today.

So 3 business days total from eCerts being purchased and the credit going onto account. Which is interested that it takes 72 hours for the eCerts to be active.

Yes, and as I posted previously, there's nothing you can do to accelerate making the GCs useable sooner. You just need to plan ahead.

kevoh May 5, 17 6:32 pm

Purchased 4x$50 eGC from Delta last night. Single transaction is still pending @ $200. Hopefully it clears over the next few business days + reimbursements...

mattp1987 May 6, 17 9:15 am

Originally Posted by kevoh (Post 28274152)
Purchased 4x$50 eGC from Delta last night. Single transaction is still pending @ $200. Hopefully it clears over the next few business days + reimbursements...

Welcome to FT. This is normal. Once the transactions post, you'll see them as 4x$50 and then they should be reimbursed assuming you selected DL as your airline and haven't already used your credit for the year.

FWIW, about a month ago, I purchased 3x$50 GCs and got the reimbursement. I was able to use all 3 plus a credit card for my purchase despite the T&Cs stating that only 3 forms of payment can be used.

I did discover that 72 hours really means until midnight on the third day after purchase. Purchased around noon Friday, attempted to use online Mon afternoon and got an error. Called in and was told I couldn't use them until the next day.

Fly_Me_Home May 7, 17 10:41 pm

Weird, at one point they did have Amazon gift cards but clearly they do not now so it appears this option is out.

Originally Posted by masteraleph (Post 28233569)
I'd be willing to be a guinea pig, if I could find it on the Delta site. Seeing them in the skymiles store, but can't locate them on the main Delta site (i.e., a way to pay cash for them).

kevoh May 8, 17 8:36 am

Success :)

https://cldup.com/MVub60AHQl.thumb.jpg