FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

Bonaventure Nov 28, 19 8:15 am

Originally Posted by dayornight (Post 31784036)
Seems it’s just taking longer than normal. My meter moved today

Good news! Thanks for updating us - please let us know if the reimbursement comes through too!

krazykanuck Nov 28, 19 9:21 am

Originally Posted by dayornight (Post 31784036)
Seems itís just taking longer than normal. My meter moved today

Seems other credits are dragging too. I haven't been reimbursed for a Marriott stay on my $300 Bonvoy Brilliant credit yet and it usually only takes a couple days, and it was last Saturday.

racheva Nov 28, 19 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Logan12348 (Post 31721454)
As on 11/10 all credited..... took it a step father with the remaining $38 dollars on Platinum and bought a Delta Mileage booster, which was also credited three days later....

Thanks all good luck and safe travel

Quick question since there aren't a lot of people here using a gold card for purchases- you put $151 on your gold card (after using $100 in gift cards) and they credited you the $100 back? I'm trying to make sure the amount charged doesn't have to be less than the total airline credit (<$100 in this instance).

Thanks so much!

dayornight Nov 28, 19 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Bonaventure (Post 31785157)
Good news! Thanks for updating us - please let us know if the reimbursement comes through too!

posted this morning! So looks like itís still alive

DannyMalbec Dec 1, 19 9:13 pm

Update: My meter has moved $209 from my purchase last week showing only $41 in credit remaining. Hasn't shown up on the statement yet but obviously it will now. Woo :)

jamesteroh Dec 1, 19 9:38 pm

Can a Delta agent apply only part of a gift card on a phone purchase or do you have to use the entire amount?

I bought 2-$500 gift cards from Costco and if I have a $350 fare can I call Delta and ask them to apply $150 of the gift card towards the purchase and the other $200 on my Am Ex to generate the credit?

TerryK Dec 2, 19 1:21 am

Originally Posted by bgriff (Post 31360151)
A data point: I've seen the credits automatically come through for award travel taxes, for amounts under $50 in particular. Though I haven't done this since Amex made changes to eliminate gift cards as an option, so don't know if these transactions would have been affected too. (Under the T&Cs, such fees are not officially reimbursable.)........

Any recent, post June amex change, data point on reimbursement of award ticket taxes and fees? Wiki lists it as reimbursable but no one mentioned it lately.

Alex Hung Dec 2, 19 12:43 pm

hey I was wondering, did you buy a refundable flight?

Thunderroad Dec 2, 19 1:19 pm

I need to cancel Sept. 2020 award tickets on Air France that I obtained last week using Delta miles. Am I correct in assuming that if I designate Delta as the airline for my Hilton Aspire Amex card, my airline fee credit for that card can be applied to the Delta redeposit fee? And is the same true for my Amex Platinum card?

Thanks for any help with this.

GiantCow Dec 2, 19 9:04 pm

Anyone having issues lately with not being able to use gift cards even after 72 hours? Tried to call in but it's estimating a 2 hour wait time.

Diplomatico Dec 2, 19 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by GiantCow (Post 31798268)
Anyone having issues lately with not being able to use gift cards even after 72 hours? Tried to call in but it's estimating a 2 hour wait time.

I don't know if this is your situation but I once called in after waiting 72 hours only to be told that it wasn't 72 hours yet, lol.

I had purchased the GC on a Thursday afternoon so tried to redeem at the same time on Sunday. Was told that my 72 hours were Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and to try again on Monday morning. Sounded like something a rep would make up but on Monday morning - sure enough - GC was redeemable.

GiantCow Dec 2, 19 10:16 pm

It's been 98 hours since purchase when I tried to redeem so not sure what's going on. I'll try again tomorrow.

Hate how you can't tell if a gift card is ready to use until after you've gone through the booking process.

Traveler_boy_25 Dec 3, 19 9:35 pm

Online or Physical GC To Trigger Credit

Does anyone know if you can use a $50 Delta GC that you buy on their website, or if you have to have a physical gift card purchased at a store to trigger the amex credit fee in conjunction with purchasing a flight for less than $250?

"Thus if you anticipate actually buying, say, a $200 DL ticket, you could buy a single $50 gift card, then buy the ticket using $50 GC and $150 on your card (the $150 will be reimbursed)"

Diplomatico Dec 4, 19 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Traveler_boy_25 (Post 31802411)
Does anyone know if you can use a $50 Delta GC that you buy on their website, or if you have to have a physical gift card purchased at a store to trigger the amex credit fee in conjunction with purchasing a flight for less than $250?

"Thus if you anticipate actually buying, say, a $200 DL ticket, you could buy a single $50 gift card, then buy the ticket using $50 GC and $150 on your card (the $150 will be reimbursed)"

I think either would work. I know from experience that purchasing a GC from the Delta website works in this scenario.

N515CR Dec 4, 19 9:39 am

Posting this here as I didn't find a definitive answer by searching the thread. I've got $188.80 in credit set to expire that I'd like to use (and preferably not on mileage booster/etc)...

If I try to do an FCM with a GC:
  1. Will this transaction indeed trigger the credit?
  2. If yes to #1 , can it be done online or does a CSR have to process it?

Also, has anyone tried to modify a <$200 flight and trigger the credit (the thought process being that the credit outweighs throwing away the existing ticket and buying a new one, which of course wouldn't trigger the credit)? Assume this would require a CSR. This may be a hair-brained idea, but I'd thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.