FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

flyernathan Nov 8, 19 9:12 am

Bought a $220 round trip on Nov 5th using a $50 GC on Amex Plat. It is posted today as "Travel - Airline".

Yikes!!!! Is it final now?

JohnnyTran Nov 8, 19 9:28 am

Originally Posted by flyernathan (Post 31715132)
Bought a $220 round trip on Nov 5th using a $50 GC on Amex Plat. It is posted today as "Travel - Airline".

Check on a desktop browser if it posted as an Additional Collection. On the app/mobile it will only indicate as Travel - Airline.

Zorak Nov 8, 19 9:29 am

Welcome to FT!

If you read through recent pages of this thread it is a fairly regular stream of people panicking "OMG IS THIS DEAD??!?!" followed by the credit posting a few days later.

It's entirely possible they have just fixed things and you're the first person to run into it, but more likely you should just wait a bit and see.

As to the specific transaction details, are you looking in the app or on the web site? see e.g. from August:

Originally Posted by mrscaptain (Post 31385875)
8/1 - bought DL $225 ticket using a $50 GC
8/2 - $175 posted as additional collection (this only shows on the web, my app still says travel-airline)
(weekend in here, if that makes a difference)
8/5 - meter moved
8/6 - reimbursed (shows date of 8/5, but wasn't there last night)

and

Originally Posted by Xtah927 (Post 31477965)
I just did the GC trick on my ticket and charged the remaining $118 on my platinum card. However I see this transaction labeled as “Travel - Airline” in pending transaction instead of “Additional Collection”. Does this look right?

Originally Posted by GK8 (Post 31478295)
Is the charge still pending or has it posted?

Originally Posted by Xtah927 (Post 31478328)

It’s still pending at the moment.

Originally Posted by GK8 (Post 31478366)
I would check it after it posts.

Originally Posted by Xtah927 (Post 31478442)

Thanks a lot. I’ll wait a few days and see how things go. Will update my DP here.

Originally Posted by Xtah927 (Post 31485462)

Thanks again GK8

Bought ticket on 8/31 with $50 GC and charged $118 on personal Platinum.
Charge posted on 9/1 as Additional Collection.
Meter moved today 9/3 and hopefully credit will be posted soon.

9/4 Update: Credit posted and backdated to 9/2

digglyflyertalk Nov 8, 19 1:24 pm

Another data point aboard the uh-oh train (unless I grossly misunderstood the advice of late)

11/7 - $323.60 ticket booked on Delta.com using $100 GC and the rest on my AMEX Gold.
11/8 - $223.60 pending charge on Amex website lists as "Delta Air Lines"

My understanding was that anything under ~$250 on the card from a split GC/CC purchase should trigger an Additional Collection. If not, oops, and fingers crossed it changes when it posts.

gregsfortytwo Nov 8, 19 1:39 pm

I bought a ticket with gift cards for $329-$100=$229; it posted on November 5th and showed up on the website as Additional Collections (but simply as “Travel - Airline” or whatever on mobile); yesterday sometime my reimbursement tracker moved and today the reimbursement posted backdated to yesterday. It all still shows up as a Delta Air Lines charge; that is the merchant. Things haven’t changed.

digglyflyertalk Nov 8, 19 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo (Post 31716259)
I bought a ticket with gift cards for $329-$100=$229; it posted on November 5th and showed up on the website as Additional Collections (but simply as “Travel - Airline” or whatever on mobile); yesterday sometime my reimbursement tracker moved and today the reimbursement posted backdated to yesterday. It all still shows up as a Delta Lines charge; that is the merchant. Thugs haven’t changed.

Which AMEX card did you use, and did you buy on web vs on mobile vs on phone? Very strange that we had almost identical transactions but yours showed up as Additional Collections and but mine didn't.

rice4u Nov 9, 19 12:07 am

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo (Post 31716259)
I bought a ticket with gift cards for $329-$100=$229; it posted on November 5th and showed up on the website as Additional Collections (but simply as “Travel - Airline” or whatever on mobile); yesterday sometime my reimbursement tracker moved and today the reimbursement posted backdated to yesterday. It all still shows up as a Delta Air Lines charge; that is the merchant. Things haven’t changed.

Did you guys call delta to book and what are the orders of payment? In other word, did you apply gift first follow by the credit card or vice verse?

gregsfortytwo Nov 9, 19 1:46 am

Originally Posted by digglyflyertalk (Post 31716554)
Which AMEX card did you use, and did you buy on web vs on mobile vs on phone? Very strange that we had almost identical transactions but yours showed up as Additional Collections and but mine didn't.

I got the fee-free Hilton Aspire a couple days ago and purchased online — I don’t think you can access gift cards for redemption on mobile venues? My recollection is that you won’t see the “Additional collection” language until it posts, as discussed in several posts preceding yours. Don’t panic.

pallhedge Nov 9, 19 7:44 am

Originally Posted by digglyflyertalk (Post 31716554)
...Very strange that we had almost identical transactions but yours showed up as Additional Collections and but mine didn't.

Your charge was still pending. It has not posted. That makes this comment premature.

flower282 Nov 9, 19 8:30 am

Originally Posted by LizGross144 (Post 31713319)
You can't use 5 gift cards in one transaction. I believe the most you can use is 3, so you may not be able to get the charge down low enough to trigger a credit unless your gift cards are for a greater amount.

That's not true, I called Delta and they said they can combine the gift card amounts but you have to do it over the phone

Logan12348 Nov 10, 19 8:02 am

Update

Originally Posted by Logan12348 (Post 31686169)
I just book several one ways two days ago as follow:

$251 w/ $50 Gift Card on Aspire
$251 w/$100 Gift Card on Amex Gold
$251 w/ $100 Gift Card on Amex Platinum

Will update, no credit as of yet...

As on 11/10 all credited..... took it a step father with the remaining $38 dollars on Platinum and bought a Delta Mileage booster, which was also credited three days later....

Thanks all good luck and safe travel

toka1 Nov 10, 19 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Logan12348 (Post 31721454)
As on 11/10 all credited..... took it a step father with the remaining $38 dollars on Platinum and bought a Delta Mileage booster, which was also credited three days later....

Thanks all good luck and safe travel

Is $251 charged on your Amex or $151?

flyernathan Nov 10, 19 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyTran (Post 31715204)
Check on a desktop browser if it posted as an Additional Collection. On the app/mobile it will only indicate as Travel - Airline.

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31715215)
Welcome to FT!

If you read through recent pages of this thread it is a fairly regular stream of people panicking "OMG IS THIS DEAD??!?!" followed by the credit posting a few days later.

It's entirely possible they have just fixed things and you're the first person to run into it, but more likely you should just wait a bit and see.

As to the specific transaction details, are you looking in the app or on the web site? see e.g. from August:

and

You guys were completely right. It posted as 'additional collection' on Amex desktop website.

11/8 Meter moved
11/10 Reimbursement posted

Thanks guys!

Redwine111 Nov 11, 19 8:23 am

OK, so the credit posted...YAY

Here is how it happened for me, and hopefully this will help others. As I said above, I bot a single $250 gift card. needed to wait 3 days for it to activate. I then purchased a $480 tix, used the GC and charged the $230 balance on my amex plat, all online. FWIW, I have gold med status. While it was pending, the amex website listed the charge as Delta. Once it went from pending to posted, it was still a delta charge, but also listed as "additional collection". It took 2-3 days for so (including weekend) for it to go from pending to posted.

One day later, the credit showed up for the entire $200. Similar to what others described, Good luck to all.

cfabar1 Nov 11, 19 9:29 am

Can you buy miles with the credit?