FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

SMC2019 Nov 5, 19 8:52 am

Purchased Mileage Booster for $59.00 on 11/01 posted 11/04 as Miscellaneous Tax(S)/Fee(S) on Gold amex, meter hasn't moved. :td:

pennystinkard Nov 5, 19 11:20 am

I have a $308 DL flight to book, and I have $300 in total credits (across Plat and Gold) to spend for this year. Could I:

- purchase a $50 GC,
- use the GC to pay for part of this flight,
- and have $200 credited to my Plat, and $58 credited to my Gold? (assuming DL would allow payment across two credit cards)?

Zorak Nov 5, 19 11:23 am

Originally Posted by pennystinkard (Post 31704268)
I have a $308 DL flight to book, and I have $300 in total credits (across Plat and Gold) to spend for this year. Could I:

- purchase a $50 GC,
- use the GC to pay for part of this flight,
- and have $200 credited to my Plat, and $58 credited to my Gold? (assuming DL would allow payment across two credit cards)?

I believe you'll have to call in to have DL process the payments that way, but it should work.

pennystinkard Nov 5, 19 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31704281)
I believe you'll have to call in to have DL process the payments that way, but it should work.

Thanks! You mean call in to pay across two credit cards? The charges will still post as 'additional collection', right?

Zorak Nov 5, 19 11:39 am

Originally Posted by pennystinkard (Post 31704288)
Thanks! You mean call in to pay across two credit cards? The charges will still post as 'additional collection', right?

Right, I just meant that last I remember the website will do GC + CC but it doesn't handle any combination involving multiple credit cards so you'll have to call in to do GC + 2 CCs. You shouldn't need to say anything to the phone agent about add/collect (nor would I anyway, it'd probably just confuse matters) -- it should just automatically happen that way.

pennystinkard Nov 5, 19 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31704341)
Right, I just meant that last I remember the website will do GC + CC but it doesn't handle any combination involving multiple credit cards so you'll have to call in to do GC + 2 CCs. You shouldn't need to say anything to the phone agent about add/collect (nor would I anyway, it'd probably just confuse matters) -- it should just automatically happen that way.

Awesome, thanks! DL GC purchases get 5x points on the Plat, right?

jamesteroh Nov 5, 19 1:15 pm

A little OT but is a 72 hour wait to use a gift card purchased on Delta.com a new policy? There is a flight I wanted to book and bought a gift card last night and was told to allow at least 72 hours for the gift card to be active. I never remembered that before when buying a gift card and seeing it's purchased directly through Delta not sure why it's not available immediately.

krazykanuck Nov 5, 19 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 31704748)
A little OT but is a 72 hour wait to use a gift card purchased on Delta.com a new policy?

Nope. It's been there as long as I can remember. A quick search of my email shows a Delta egift receipt with that language as far back as 2017.

LizGross144 Nov 5, 19 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by SMC2019 (Post 31703713)
Purchased Mileage Booster for $59.00 on 11/01 posted 11/04 as Miscellaneous Tax(S)/Fee(S) on Gold amex, meter hasn't moved. :td:

Give it another day or two. It refunded for me just a few days ago.

itslit509 Nov 6, 19 7:16 am

Donít see many reports recently of delta comfort + triggering the credit. Have some flights in late January that I plan on upgrading with the reset credit. Anyone have recent DPs?

barney44 Nov 6, 19 7:32 am

Did not work

Originally Posted by itslit509 (Post 31707458)
Donít see many reports recently of delta comfort + triggering the credit. Have some flights in late January that I plan on upgrading with the reset credit. Anyone have recent DPs?

Gold medallion, Paid a small fee for Comfort + on a short flight as a date point.

No reimbursement and it has been ten days.

I read somewhere in a comment here, it only seems to work for those with no medallion status.

jamesteroh Nov 6, 19 8:11 am

Originally Posted by barney44 (Post 31707533)
Gold medallion, Paid a small fee for Comfort + on a short flight as a date point.

No reimbursement and it has been ten days.

I read somewhere in a comment here, it only seems to work for those with no medallion status.

I upgraded from a C+ to first and it didn't post. The C+ was an immediate upgrade though so not sure if that had anything to do with it. I had to call Am Ex with another question on that statement and the rep said the $69 should have posted as a credit and she put in a manual adjustment that posted two days later. I know it's a YMMV situation, but you aren't out calling.

Joel16 Nov 6, 19 8:22 am

Originally Posted by itslit509 (Post 31707458)

I upgraded to Comfort + for a flight back in September (purchased in August). It was $40. The credit didn't trigger. I web chatted with Amex and told them it was a seat selection, and they told me to wait until my next statement. It still didn't post and I web chatted again and told them my "seat selection" wasn't credited. They credited it right away. (I don't have Delta status btw).

ScroogeMcFlyer Nov 6, 19 8:33 am

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered. I'm relatively new to the Amex Plat card.

I have both the Amex Plat and Delta Amex Plat with the companion certificate. The T&Cs on the Cert say you must pay with the Delta Amex Plat but is that enforced?

Here's what I'd like to do...would it work?

Airfare i want is $398.
I want to use the BOGO to buy both tickets. I have 5 - $50 Delta gift cards already purchased. I'm assuming my total will be a little over $400 after the companion's taxes.
Use all 5 gift cards to bring the total under $200 and pay that with the Amex Plat; and hopefully get close to $200 is incidental credits back. I assume I'd have to call to use all 5 gift cards at once?

Advice?

Zorak Nov 6, 19 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ScroogeMcFlyer (Post 31707799)
I have both the Amex Plat and Delta Amex Plat with the companion certificate. The T&Cs on the Cert say you must pay with the Delta Amex Plat but is that enforced?

No. Any AMEX card will do. I booked my last two companion certs using an (at the time) SPG AMEX because in each case I had already cancelled the supporting DL-cobranded card :p

EDIT: although the booking flow is slightly different for companion certs than normal tickets in that you have to visit your wallet and check the box for the certificate before searching. I think you'll still be able to apply a GC for partial payment and the rest on a CC but not 100% sure.