FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

cdoobiest Oct 28, 19 4:15 pm

Anyone purchase Delta Select? Wondering if this will trigger credit. Thanks

Zorak Oct 28, 19 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by cdoobiest (Post 31675442)
Anyone purchase Delta Select? Wondering if this will trigger credit. Thanks

Scroll back a couple pages to posts 2180-2188, or see the wiki at the top of the thread.

mia Oct 29, 19 7:18 am

Moderator reminder

Please do not post unless you have something HELPFUL to add. Flyertalk rules explicitly prohibit scolding others for not locating previous discussion through Search. Zorak's helpful post is ideal because it tells the reader where to find the information.

skom123 Oct 29, 19 7:50 am

How far out do I book my reimbursed one way ticket as to not incur a chargeback on the amex credit when I cancel the ticket and get a full refund, and does anyone have any good one way ticket tips for flights in the $250 range since i am in NY and all one ways here can range from $450-$700.

jamesteroh Oct 29, 19 5:11 pm

I couldn't find this in the thread or the wiki.

Flying to LHR and using a SWU to upgrade. There's is an approximately $100 "luxury tax" fee out of heathrow that Delta always charges separate if you are upgrading with an SWU. Has anyone had any luck in getting the airline credit for this fee?

mia Oct 29, 19 6:05 pm

This is a real tax (Air Passenger Duty), not an airline fee. If you have paid it before with an American Express card I would look at the transaction to see how it is described.

JohnnyTran Oct 29, 19 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by skom123 (Post 31677386)
How far out do I book my reimbursed one way ticket as to not incur a chargeback on the amex credit when I cancel the ticket and get a full refund, and does anyone have any good one way ticket tips for flights in the $250 range since i am in NY and all one ways here can range from $450-$700.

LAX - SFO

MorganB Oct 30, 19 2:03 pm

Looked through the thread but didnt see the answer, promise :). Has anyone purchased Delta VIP Select service and gotten reimbursed?

Global Adventurer Oct 30, 19 3:45 pm

What is VIP select service? I've never heard of it:confused:

On edit: Ok, I searched the internet. It's for celebrities or "VIPs", which I'm not either. Or for anybody that wants to fly first class and pay extra for the service.

I would think it would be reimbursable and if so, might be something we regular folks might partake in if we get $200 off...hmmmm. sounds interesting now:cool:

lax01 Oct 30, 19 4:13 pm

Sounds like its PER reservation... see Flyerstalk thread I just found: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...-select-2.html

Odinson Oct 30, 19 7:14 pm

Booked Delta first class $285 with $50 gift card and was reimbursed $200. Now I need to book my 7 y/o daughter but can't do it online bc/ unaccompanied minor rules. Anyone knows calling in to book hers via telephone and use $50 gift card then use another platinum card will trigger the credit? TIA.

MorganB Oct 30, 19 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer (Post 31683601)
What is VIP select service? I've never heard of it:confused:

On edit: Ok, I searched the internet. It's for celebrities or "VIPs", which I'm not either. Or for anybody that wants to fly first class and pay extra for the service.

I would think it would be reimbursable and if so, might be something we regular folks might partake in if we get $200 off...hmmmm. sounds interesting now:cool:

Delta keeps it kind of hidden with very little on their website. Its not unlike AA's 5 star service. From what I understand it is now open to any class of service and includes lounge access if you don't already have it. Its 350$ for the first person and 100$ for each additional person. I'm traveling with my father to Africa but I will only be joining him in Atlanta and onward. He will have to connected by himself in Atlanta and he is 94 and while he is generally able bodied and sharp minded when he gets tired he is sometimes less clear headed so I plan on using the service for him. They will actually meet him on the plane and take him through customs and immigration in Atlanta on the return and then drive him to his onward flight. As I will be connecting to a different flight in a different terminal its totally worth it. Not so much for the VIP aspect but more for peace of mind in my case. At any rate (back on topic) was hoping someone had used it and been reimbursed .....

m.photog Oct 30, 19 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by bzhao12 (Post 31555556)
9/17 - Purchased Delta ticket with two $50 GC and $147.60 on AMEX Platinum

9/19 - Reimbursement posted for $147.60.

Were these egift cards from delta or cards purchased elsewhere? I have some $50 gift cards that I purchased online before the dark times;)

Zorak Oct 30, 19 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by m.photog (Post 31684521)
Were these egift cards from delta or cards purchased elsewhere?

It shouldn't make a difference -- the coding as additional collection is what matters. I got the credit for the amount leftover after paying with a compensation voucher.

m.photog Oct 30, 19 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31684534)
It shouldn't make a difference -- the coding as additional collection is what matters. I got the credit for the amount leftover after paying with a compensation voucher.

Thanks, I have a couple short flights coming up that should be around $200 RT, maybe I will give it a try.