FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

ynsep Oct 21, 2019 8:04 am

Originally Posted by goblue2006 (Post 31650593)
How long does it typically take for the meter to move?

I had a split ticket post on Saturday, transaction details are "other collections" No meter move yet. I am sure I am being impatient but curious on how long I have to be impatient for! lol

I booked a ticket on Thursday. It posted on Saturday but no meter move or anything

goblue2006 Oct 21, 2019 8:22 am

Originally Posted by ynsep (Post 31650918)
I booked a ticket on Thursday. It posted on Saturday but no meter move or anything

was yours a split fare that posted as other collection?

ynsep Oct 21, 2019 8:35 am

Originally Posted by goblue2006 (Post 31650957)
was yours a split fare that posted as other collection?

Yes.

Carq Oct 21, 2019 9:23 am

Bought two tickets using GC partially. Worked both on Amex Aspire and Gold card. On Gold, the charge was U$115 and got the full U$100 credit.

bensim Oct 21, 2019 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Carq (Post 31651148)
Bought two tickets using GC partially. Worked both on Amex Aspire and Gold card. On Gold, the charge was U$115 and got the full U$100 credit.

Hi, what was the amount of GC you used? Also, do you mean there is a transaction in your Amex account showing you have been reimbursed? If yes, how long did it take for the credit to post? Asking because a couple of posts earlier, some people were saying they have not seen the credit posted yet. Thanks.

Noor A Oct 21, 2019 10:31 am

Hi all, first FT post!

Found a 223$ ticket. Used biz plat and a $50 gift card through the website.

Total came out to $173.6 so I added a $29 mileage booster to use the full credit.

8/16 Purchased

8/18 Purchases posted speratly as 173.6 and 29

8/20 Tracker said I used my credit and I was reimbursed 29 and 171 in two transactions.

skom123 Oct 21, 2019 10:50 am

I am new and this question may seem newbish, but when you say gift card does that mean any gift card or a certain kind of gift card?

Zorak Oct 21, 2019 11:18 am

Originally Posted by skom123 (Post 31651472)
I am new and this question may seem newbish, but when you say gift card does that mean any gift card or a certain kind of gift card?

People are talking specifically about using a DL gift card and AMEX for the rest. This seems to cause DL to process the ticket purchase as a ticket exchange using the value of the gift card, plus an additional collection for the rest, and the latter is what is triggering the credit.

MSPeconomist Oct 21, 2019 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Noor A (Post 31651393)
Hi all, first FT post!

Found a 223$ ticket. Used biz plat and a $50 gift card through the website.

Total came out to $173.6 so I added a $29 mileage booster to use the full credit.

8/16 Purchased

8/18 Purchases posted speratly as 173.6 and 29

8/20 Tracker said I used my credit and I was reimbursed 29 and 171 in two transactions.

This is giving me an idea: If one still has some DL airline credit remaining at the end of the year, can/should one add a mileage booster (more RDMs) to the last ticket or last flight before NYE? I've never even looked at mileage boosters because (unlike on some other airlines) you can't get MQMs and I don't rally need more RDMs at disadvantageous prices, but this could be a last chance way to use those credits.

Does anyone know when it becomes too late to add the mileage booster to tickets and how finely you can tune the amount needed?

Carq Oct 21, 2019 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by bensim (Post 31651175)
Hi, what was the amount of GC you used? Also, do you mean there is a transaction in your Amex account showing you have been reimbursed? If yes, how long did it take for the credit to post? Asking because a couple of posts earlier, some people were saying they have not seen the credit posted yet. Thanks.

U$50 GC. 2-3 days to post the transaction on Delta, 2-3 days to post the credit.

goblue2006 Oct 21, 2019 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by goblue2006 (Post 31650593)
How long does it typically take for the meter to move?

I had a split ticket post on Saturday, transaction details are "other collections" No meter move yet. I am sure I am being impatient but curious on how long I have to be impatient for! lol

Update - The meter just moved. So full DP: Book three tickets on one reservation using 3GCs; posted as three transactions with all three GCs on one ticket. The charges posted on Saturday. Two posted as tickets (with ticket details in transaction) one posted as Additional Collection.

Meter moved late afternoon Monday

ynsep Oct 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by goblue2006 (Post 31652374)
Update - The meter just moved. So full DP: Book three tickets on one reservation using 3GCs; posted as three transactions with all three GCs on one ticket. The charges posted on Saturday. Two posted as tickets (with ticket details in transaction) one posted as Additional Collection.

Meter moved late afternoon Monday

Mine has just moved as well.

gregorius Oct 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Usually I notice credit meters move somewhere between 9-10am Eastern Time - AmEx seems to run their ops using Mountain Time. Guess it ran a bit late today (or maybe just a case of the Mondays?).

MSPeconomist Oct 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by gregorius (Post 31653096)
Usually I notice credit meters move somewhere between 9-10am Eastern Time - AmEx seems to run their ops using Mountain Time. Guess it ran a bit late today (or maybe just a case of the Mondays?).

I know my cards specify Mountain time for pay by phone, IIRC the requirement is to pay by 8 pm mountain time for the payment to count as having been made on that date.

However, isn't there a state in the Mountain time zone (AZ or NM) that doesn't save daylight, so that this could potentially be confusing?

innov8v Oct 22, 2019 6:23 am

SkyMiles Select charge posted yesterday. No credit issued yet. If anything comes in - will update here again.