Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits at property which left FHR after booking? (SLS South Beach)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club. Priority Club, Hilton honors, spg,

I have a reservation next week for SLS South Beach booked through Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts programme back in October. I believe that SLS is no longer part of the programme. I have heard nothing so assume that my booking is still good and will be honoured.

Has anyone had any experience of this happening?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Spineynorman
I have a reservation next week for SLS South Beach booked through Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts programme back in October. I believe that SLS is no longer part of the programme. I have heard nothing so assume that my booking is still good and will be honoured.

Has anyone had any experience of this happening?
Have you called AMEX to confirm? That would be a start.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Yes I guess I should? I'm sure it's all fine but wondered whether you get your 'if available' benefits.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Yes all went fine. Upgraded to nice corner room. All other benefits honoured.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
From the point of view of a hotel, the FHR rates are just like any other special package rates that the hotel offers.

As long as you booked that "special package" while it is offered, even if the hotel decides to no longer offer these "special package" rates, they will still have to honor it.

The only difference with Amex FHR is that the hotel can only market them via AMEX travel services.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.