Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX PRG - Redeem airline credit/cancel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

AMEX PRG - Redeem airline credit/cancel

Hi All,

I have a Amex PRG that has an annual fee due in March. I applied last year to get the 50k points after 1k spending. I also got a delta e-giftcard. I am looking to cancel in March bcus I do not use the card at all. I am not going to be able to travel much this year. Can I redeem 2x $50 delta GC next month then call in to cancel in March.

I also opened an Amex Everyday which uses MR. Will my 50K from the PRG be automatically saved with my Everyday or do I need to execute a transfer? I am a noob. Sorry
Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by traveln00b
Hi All,

I have a Amex PRG that has an annual fee due in March. I applied last year to get the 50k points after 1k spending. I also got a delta e-giftcard. I am looking to cancel in March bcus I do not use the card at all. I am not going to be able to travel much this year. Can I redeem 2x $50 delta GC next month then call in to cancel in March.

I also opened an Amex Everyday which uses MR. Will my 50K from the PRG be automatically saved with my Everyday or do I need to execute a transfer? I am a noob. Sorry
Yes, you'll get the credit. Regarding the points, just use them. Use them for gift cards or transfer them to a partner. Points are earned to be spent not hoarded.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by traveln00b
...Will my 50K from the PRG be automatically saved with my Everyday...
If both cards are attached to the same Membership Rewards account they will not expire when you close the Gold card account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.