Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR (USA) account balance suddenly increased 2X - 10X.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

guys.

i just logged in and my MR balance is DOUBLE what it should be. huh?

early Christmas present/retention offer? LOL

When i click on available points link i get:

There was an error processing your information.
Please try again later.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
guys.

i just logged in and my MR balance is DOUBLE what it should be. huh?

early Christmas present/retention offer? LOL

When i click on available points link i get:

There was an error processing your information.
Please try again later.
I would call MR right away and ask what your balance is. If they give you the inflated amount, transfer out all of the points on the spot.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
I would call MR right away and ask what your balance is. If they give you the inflated amount, transfer out all of the points on the spot.
OH MY GOD, same thing happened to me. Transferring right now, Merry Xmas to me if transfer goes through.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

the question is where to transfer the MRs lol

I've been hoarding them for quite some time.

my main programs:

1) Earning UR/United for twice a year Europe trips
2) Earning/hoarding SPG

I've whittled down a mid 150k avios balance over the last year for super short haul but won't be transferring any more

Originally Posted by TMM1982
OH MY GOD, same thing happened to me. Transferring right now, Merry Xmas to me if transfer goes through.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Transferred them all out. Now I won't be able to sleep until transfer is complete. OH MY GOD, points were more than double what I should have! MR screwed up very, very badly here if many people transfer out.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:59 pm
Suspended

the question is where to transfer the MRs lol

I've been hoarding them for quite some time.

my main programs:

1) Earning UR/United for twice a year Europe trips
2) Earning/hoarding SPG

I've whittled down a mid 150k avios balance over the last year for super short haul but won't be transferring any more
I book trips way in advance so it's easy to redeem a year out. I want to see Germany and I want to see more of Asia so it's perfect for me.

Last edited by TMM1982; Dec 18, 2015 at 9:51 am
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:20 pm

Let us know if the transfer was a success. Without disclosing the exact amount, about how many points did you score?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Let us know if the transfer was a success. Without disclosing the exact amount, about how many points did you score?
Very high 5 figures. It does look like everything went through but just need to wait for miles to hit my FF account. I consider that paydirt as those cannot be reclaimed.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

i suspect if i transfer it out, Amex will reach out to the partner to just take the points back. And if i've used it for a ticket Amex would probably charge me $ for the MRs
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:27 pm

Very high 5 figures. It does look like everything went through but just need to wait for miles to hit my FF account. I consider that paydirt as those cannot be reclaimed.
Good for you. Enjoy your flights!

I once scored with a domestic airline. They were supposed to post 20,000 points as part of a hotel point transfer. Logged in to find 200,000 points and I immediately booked to biz class tix to Europe on a partner airline (I had other points in the account). They never caught it and we had a great time on those flights.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:29 pm
Suspended

And if i've used it for a ticket Amex would probably charge me $ for the MRs
No chance b/c it was their mistake. You could take them to arbitration and win.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:32 pm
Suspended

I can't believe how cavalier people are toward their relationships with the big banks. If caught, this has "account closure" written all over it.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:47 pm

it's not just me then

i had little less than 25k points as of yesterday, just logged in to see the status of my amex bestbuy/new egg offers on my gold, my points were at 123k today

i dont have any international travel coming out...so i transferred all of 123k between jetblue(~40k) and the rest with hawaii air(sweet with 25% bonus)

The miles are already posted to hawaii/jetblue....are there any chances amex can claw back the points?

Went to my SO's amex account, she only has the amex everyday card and i don't see any inflated MR points there....possibly linked to Amex gold & above...
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:04 pm
Suspended

They're already talking about this at Reddit. I have a feeling this won't end well for people who try to take advantage.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Strange. My PRG shows correct MR balance and has done so all week. I wonder what went wrong behind the scenes that caused some of them to double. Merry xmas to those who got lucky!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.