Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX [upcoming?]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Centurion Lounge LAX [upcoming?]

Apparently, LAX announced the arrival of a new Centurion Lounge via their "Terminal Operations Center" newsletter. It was picked up on by Brian Sumers and I read about it via View from the Wing. One Mile at a Time also wrote about it.
Since it appears that the cat is out of the bag, it will be interesting to see when Amex will announce it officially.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Reading the news so far, it seems they haven't signed anything yet.

Interesting that the T6/7 area is already serviced by an Alaska Air lounge with Priority Pass, so adding a lounge close by seems a little redundant for such a large airport.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Interesting that the T6/7 area is already serviced by an Alaska Air lounge with Priority Pass, so adding a lounge close by seems a little redundant for such a large airport.
I think that area should be fine since T4-8 are connected airside (and soon with TBIT), giving access to the widest range of passengers (or as much as LAX will allow given its layout). Perhaps T6 would be a little more central instead of T6/7. Plus more options never hurts ^
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I always thought that if Amex was to try for LAX they would need at least 3 lounges. Ditto for JFK, ORD, etc.

If I'm flying AA or flying out of TB, why would I trek all the way over to T6/7? Even with DL it seems like it would be a long way to go. Plus most of the affluent UA, AA and DL travelers would already be using those airlines lounges. Wouldn't it make more sense on the other side of the airport? Maybe T3 or T2?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:17 pm

LAX is actually already pretty well covered via Priority Pass lounges:

T2: Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge
T3: Virgin America Loft
TBIT: KAL (Korean Air) Lounge
T6 (with airside connections T4-8): Alaska Board Room

Plus the SkyClub in T5 for Delta passengers.

Close to T7 probably makes sense though. T1 is exclusively Southwest. T5 has the SkyClub and T6 has the Board Room, so going over to T7 does place them well for United, whose passengers currently have to go over to the Board Room. American passengers (other than those on flights operating from T6) will have a little distance, but once the connector is done will be able to reach the KAL Lounge without too much hassle, and AA will be operating flights out of TBIT.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well as much as I enjoy the AS BR in LAX, this has me excited...especially how close it will be to T6. I do request AMEX add shower(s). That's one place where the AS BR's fall short, as does the AMEX Studio in SEA.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Great news! ^^
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Great news! Sooner the better! ^^
Great news. Any word on the rumor about LAX? If this happens, I'm going to be able to justify the card pretty quickly.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: UA1K
i'll try to confirm this sunday. flying out of SFO and plan on stopping at amex and asking.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Great news. Any word on the rumor about LAX? If this happens, I'm going to be able to justify the card pretty quickly.
nothing is confirmed...but i believe they are targeting between T6/T7. also heard denver may come this year as well.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
nothing is confirmed...but i believe they are targeting between T6/T7. also heard denver may come this year as well.
Wow. That would be incredible. I don't know how they are going to accommodate everyone but LAX and DEN (depending upon where it is) would be fantastic adds. Very interested to hear more intel.

EDIT: Ahh, here is the den speculation. http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....turion-lounge/

Last edited by DCEsquire; Jan 6, 2016 at 2:53 pm Reason: denver: added link.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
So no recent news abt the lounge.... is it still upcoming?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'll bump this up for any updates people may have.....
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
There is an area with comfortable chairs, carpeting, and I believe free Wi-Fi called "a little touch of the Centurion Lounge" in the TBIT at LAX. Now that TBIT has an airside bridge to T4, and that T4 has tunnels to T5 and T6, a substantial number of travelers could access an airside Centurion Lounge.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by upinsmoke
There is an area with comfortable chairs, carpeting, and I believe free Wi-Fi called "a little touch of the Centurion Lounge" in the TBIT at LAX. Now that TBIT has an airside bridge to T4, and that T4 has tunnels to T5 and T6, a substantial number of travelers could access an airside Centurion Lounge.
I saw that spot when I was at KAL lounge last Friday. Is that really owned by AMEX? Do u need a platinum card to access that little touch? I did not see any attendant checking anyone's cards ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.