Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum Benefit: Hilton Gold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Amex Platinum Benefit: Hilton Gold

Per the AmEx website, the Platinum American Express now comes with complimentary Hilton Gold status.

Great to see a new benefit being added after the erosion of benefits in recent years.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:42 pm

US: New Business Platinum benefit - Complimentary Hilton HHonors Gold Status

You can enroll via this link: https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...hiltonbvdk1015

OR access it via this link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...iness-platinum
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Patrickthetiger
Not just business Plat. Worked on my sons Plat card and Hilton Blue account
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:30 pm

Agreed. Just saw this today logging in and was going to ask if this was something I just missed seeing. I guess it's good to check the benefit area more frequently.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
i just registered!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
silver vs. gold doesn't look too much different besides higher rewards for spending (25% vs. 15% bonus). i'm not as excited anymore.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by odin99
silver vs. gold doesn't look too much different besides higher rewards for spending (25% vs. 15% bonus). i'm not as excited anymore.
Gold=free breakfast.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:26 pm

Is this US or UK Plat, as can't see this on benefits page of my UK card.
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
US it seems ....
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, HHonors Diamond,
It is nice to see an added benefit, and I'm glad it's hotel related. However, it's another benefit that gives us an incentive to hold the card as opposed to giving us an incentive to use the card. Nonetheless, hopefully this is a start to the improvements we've been anxiously waiting for.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
This is great, even better since you can enroll online and don't have to call in! I think this was on a lot of people's wish-list and seemed logical to offer the same thing that they offer with SPG. The breakfast is a big value add.

Originally Posted by CaroPalms
However, it's another benefit that gives us an incentive to hold the card as opposed to giving us an incentive to use the card.
I think this is clearly AMEX's strategy with the card, it's designed to offer perks that offset the annual fee, but doesn't give the best rewards for spending, that way people want to get both this card plus the PRG or another high-earning product, which gives AMEX multiple annual fees. Otherwise they'd want to raise the annual fee if the PLAT and PRG's features were combined.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
This is great, even better since you can enroll online and don't have to call in!
Not for the additional card holder:
"If you are an Additional Platinum Card® Member and would like to enroll in Hilton HHonors™ Gold status, please call the number on the back of your Card."

Last edited by jwudbwei; Oct 6, 2015 at 4:42 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:06 pm

Very happy to see this become a permanent benefit for cardholders. I was lucky enough to get the renewal for a second year of HH Gold when they were still testing/promoting it a year or two back, and the free breakfast and late checkout availability during our stays was great.

Original promo thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...olders-16.html
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hmm... this will throw a curve ball into whether I keep my Hilton Reserve card next year.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Where are you all seeing this benefit? I just logged into americanexpress.com, went to the page for my Plat card (I also have the Delta Plat) and don't see any announcements or links to register for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.