Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum Benefit: Hilton Gold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Where are you all seeing this benefit? I just logged into americanexpress.com, went to the page for my Plat card (I also have the Delta Plat) and don't see any announcements or links to register for this.
http://www.americanexpress.com%2Fus%...iew-all#detail
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Although I also have the Surpass Amex for HHonors gold, glad to see the benefit for others who don't have gold status already.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
Perfect! I am on a stay right now and called to upgrade from silver to gold. I'll take the extra points!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by alphabetsoup
Very happy to see this become a permanent benefit for cardholders. I was lucky enough to get the renewal for a second year of HH Gold when they were still testing/promoting it a year or two back, and the free breakfast and late checkout availability during our stays was great.

Original promo thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...olders-16.html
I got in on the old promo as well and went to sign up for this. Happy to see I was already enrolled, even had my hilton number pre filled. ^
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:56 pm

Does additional card holders get it also? The previous poster was unclear. Thanjs
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
Does additional card holders get it also? The previous poster was unclear. Thanjs
Looks like it. But you will have to call in instead of doing it online.

Let's see how long it takes for the status to update. Awesome perk!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Awesome perk!
The Cathay Pacific Gold card (oneworld sapphire) was an 'awesome perk' :-)

I doubt many people will be queuing up to spend Ł450 on UK Platinum just because HH Gold may soon be included
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
can somebody post the exact link to enroll?

it doesn't show up on the benefit page for me, i have a fidelity platinum amex charge card (technically deferred debit but has all the same benefits as regular plat incl $200 travel credit, spg gold etc) and I guess the benefit page may not have been coded for this version of the card
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Raffles

I doubt many people will be queuing up to spend Ł450 on UK Platinum just because HH Gold may soon be included
Sure. I meant to say good, unexpected addition!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Raffles

One persons awesome is another persons good, and vice versa, Its very much dependant on travel profile.

Bound to be a good few plat card holders who might get more value out of free breakfasts and poss upgrade via hilton gold, than they would from lounge access and other benefits of OW sapphire.

I wonder if the re-introduction of hilton gold (it was a benefit a few years ago) for the US plat, is a precursor of it coming to the UK card. At the moment the US card gets signficiantly better benefits, for 2/3rds less annual fee.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by richiezc
can somebody post the exact link to enroll?

it doesn't show up on the benefit page for me, i have a fidelity platinum amex charge card (technically deferred debit but has all the same benefits as regular plat incl $200 travel credit, spg gold etc) and I guess the benefit page may not have been coded for this version of the card
Try this one. https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-status#detail
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by dinky1
Is this US or UK Plat, as can't see this on benefits page of my UK card.
Thanks in advance.
If you've got the spend, then the HHonors Barclaycard will get you gold after Ł10k
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tangey
One persons awesome is another persons good, and vice versa, Its very much dependant on travel profile.

Bound to be a good few plat card holders who might get more value out of free breakfasts and poss upgrade via hilton gold, than they would from lounge access and other benefits of OW sapphire.

I wonder if the re-introduction of hilton gold (it was a benefit a few years ago) for the US plat, is a precursor of it coming to the UK card. At the moment the US card gets signficiantly better benefits, for 2/3rds less annual fee.
Indeed, I would also welcome some indication as to whether this benefit will be extended to us UK Plat Holders
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
For those who got it already, when does the gold status expire?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Gold=free breakfast.
Already get this at Hampton Inns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.