Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vah4883
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

There is also an offer for the Everyday Preferred ($95 annual fee) discussed in THIS thread.

Please use this thread to discuss the OFFER. To learn about Everyday cards, please see the established thread:

American Express Everyday Cards
Print Wikipost

Amex Everyday (free) 15-25,000 Point Signup Bonus.

Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ninim2200
Is it a good idea to call Amex to followup on an application if its not approved immediately?
I do not call, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good idea. Often they simply need to verify identity. (I don't know what causes them to doubt it, could location mismatch between billing address and IP address, I suppose.) Other times you have reached your maximum credit limit, and they will decide how to address this by moving credit from another card or closing a seldom used card. If you have a strong opinion about how they should proceed, call soon.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Excellent (as ever) response ... I did not call but did check on-line a few days later, and found that the card had been approved. Yesterday, which is to say a couple of days later, I got the letter. When I read it, I saw that I had bumped into a CL limit (I am guessing across all cards, since I only have one other CC with Amex) and that they had shifted some credit off of that card (SPG).

One thing I will definitely not call to ask is whether, having explicitly identified me as having another Amex CC, they will give me the 25K points as per the landing page under which I applied. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. If I don't get them when the card comes and I hit the minimum spend, I may then make a desperation call.

In retrospect, and although I do not know how Amex sets their CLs, I wish I had cut down the CLs of some of my non-Amex cards before applying.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:37 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
... having explicitly identified me as having another Amex CC, they will give me the 25K points as per the landing page under which I applied. ...
This will almost certainly not be a problem. If it is, you will be third report since that language was added to the terms in 2013.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Download TOR browser and then just copy and paste the link into TOR. You will get the 25k to appear.
I just did this. Sorry to say, it doesn't work. I get the following error message:

Page Not Found

Our apologies but we could not find a page matching your request

Last edited by joer1212; Sep 15, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by joer1212
I just did this. Sorry to say, it doesn't work. I get the following error message:

Page Not Found

Our apologies but we could not find a page matching your request
Dude c'mon. This is like elementary computer skills here. You copied and pasted the truncated link in the OP's message. You need to click the link and open it in a browser. Then when the page comes up, copy that full link. Then paste into your TOR browser!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:07 pm
mia

This is the full link:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/amex-everyday
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:35 pm

I didn't apply because I just applied for a platinum less than a month ago, but the link works fine.

BTW, anyone apply for two cards within a month with no issues?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Newgene
I didn't apply because I just applied for a platinum less than a month ago, but the link works fine.

BTW, anyone apply for two cards within a month with no issues?
I got the PRG/Biz Gold in July and the Platinum/SPG in August so you should be fine.

I'm wondering if I'm pushing my luck going for this card... The 25k points for this doesn't come around often.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by phant0m
I got the PRG/Biz Gold in July and the Platinum/SPG in August so you should be fine.

I'm wondering if I'm pushing my luck going for this card... The 25k points for this doesn't come around often.
Yea I think you are pushing your luck.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:27 pm
mia

Relevant discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-days-usa.html
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by mia
This will almost certainly not be a problem. If it is, you will be third report since that language was added to the terms in 2013.
Right again. Since the last post:
  • the card arrived
  • I called to activate
  • At the end of the activation, they asked whether I wanted to add anyone to the card, and since I did, I got transferred to a person
  • this person, in addition to taking the info for my AU, wanted to discuss benefits with me
  • I figured, "why not?" and double-checked a few things
  • At the very end, the person said, hey, do you also want to hear about your bonus for signing up? Since I hadn't asked, I figured it wouldn't hurt to listen
  • So listen I did, to the magic 25K MR number

It had just been weird to see, in the text of the letter, a sentence, "Since we see you also have a ...."
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
thanks OP!

25K appeared after the second attempt. Applied and got "we'll get back to you" message.

its a long shot for me. I have 4 active amex cards (plat, prg, spg, spg biz) and successfully applied for 7 new cards (inc 3 amex) in last 60 days.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Applied this morning, called this afternoon and was approved, and they see the 25K point offer!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:20 am
jk2

I can see 25K offer in both chrome/FF incognito, however after filling application, it says "our systems do not response" or something like that. Should I wait and apply again?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:21 am
Suspended

This card is so easy to hit the 20x per billing statement it's laughable. Just go to your phone company and do 20 separate $1.00 transactions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.