Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vah4883
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

There is also an offer for the Everyday Preferred ($95 annual fee) discussed in THIS thread.

Please use this thread to discuss the OFFER. To learn about Everyday cards, please see the established thread:

American Express Everyday Cards
Print Wikipost

Amex Everyday (free) 15-25,000 Point Signup Bonus.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thefig
I recently applied for the Everyday NF card on 13th of Sept. Because of another application I received a "Congratulations" email on Wednesday the 16th and immediately started to call to be moved to the 25K points offer. Has anybody had any luck in switching from the 10K offer to the 25K offer? What phone number did you call? I've called 4 different times with no luck.
I don't see offhand why they would, given that the 25k offer is not officially made to anyone who has any Amex card. It's a "loophole" that you can get it, while having an Amex card, only by applying through a browser you've never used for logging into Amex and/or a private/incognito browser window (or the equivalent of clearing cookies/etc).
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thefig
I recently applied for the Everyday NF card on 13th of Sept. Because of another application I received a "Congratulations" email on Wednesday the 16th and immediately started to call to be moved to the 25K points offer. Has anybody had any luck in switching from the 10K offer to the 25K offer? What phone number did you call? I've called 4 different times with no luck.
If you applied for the 10k offer, you have 0 chance of being moved to the 25k offer. Sorry.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I ...the 25k offer is not officially made to anyone who has any Amex card. .
Holding another American Express card does not disqualify you from earning a new account bonus on a different card, it merely gives American Express the discretion to deny a bonus. That language was introduced in Spring 2013 and by my recollection only two posters have reported that a CSR cited that sentence to explain a missing bonus.

Nonetheless, I agree that American Express is unlikely to "match" this offer, because there are always multiple offers for the same card. If you were not willing to buy at 10,000 you should have waited for a better offer.

Last edited by mia; Sep 20, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:39 am
mia

I now see the 25,000 point offer publicly advertised on americanexpress.com (not using Incognito or Private browser window):

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...c_viewallcards

I think this increases the plausibility of asking for a match if you recently applied using the 10,000 point offer.

Last edited by mia; Sep 22, 2015 at 5:57 am Reason: Originally posted in wrong thread.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
the 25k offer is not officially made to anyone who has any Amex card.
Holding another American Express card does not disqualify you from earning a new account bonus on a different card, it merely gives American Express the discretion to deny a bonus. That language was introduced in Spring 2013 and by my recollection only two posters have reported that a CSR cited that sentence to explain a missing bonus.
I was not referring to that language.

I was referring to the fact that if Amex sees that you are using a computer+browser which you have used to access an existing Amex account (and therefore have some other Amex card), it will only show you the 10k offer on that computer+browser. The 25k offer is shown only to:

1. People who don't have an Amex card currently.

2. People who have an Amex card but have never set up online access for it (how many of those are there?).

3. People who know the "loophole" of using a different browser (or different computer) and/or private/incognito browsing (or clearing cookies/etc).

That's what I meant by the 25k offer not officially being made to anyone who holds any Amex card (if they set up an Amex online account for that card and used the same browser to access that Amex online account to pull up the Everyday bonus).
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by mia
I now see the 25,000 point offer publicly advertised on americanexpress.com (not using Incognito or Private browser window):

I think this increases the plausibility of asking for a match if you recently applied using the 10,000 point offer.
FYI, I still only see 25k using Incognito. 10k in a regular Chrome window. In IE, no offers just "my benefits" because I have this card and use IE regularly.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia

I just tried it as an experiment:

First I opened the above link in Chrome, which I only never use for logging into Amex. It knows nothing about me and shows 25k.

Then I copied the same link into Firefox, which I do use for logging into Amex. The view up completely different, saying "My Card" for cards I already had (even though I was not logged in), and showing no offer at all on the Everyday until I clicked Learn More, and then it showed only 10k.

So I don't see it as public at all. As with the link that started this thread, it only seems to show 25k if it has no idea that I have an Amex account, but there are multiple ways to achieve that:

1. Use a computer that you've never* used for Amex login at all.

2. Use a browser that you've never* used for Amex login at all.

3. Use a private/incognito mode in a browser that you may have used for Amex login.

4. Clear cookies/etc** to make your browser forget that you may have used it for Amex login.

* I presume there's a time limit on "never", ie, the cookies/etc presumably expire if you don't log into Amex for a long time. But I have no idea how long that has to be.

So are you sure you didn't see it just because used a browser which doesn't remember your previous Amex login?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:36 pm
mia

So are you sure you didn't see it just because used a browser which doesn't remember your previous Amex login?
Yes. Based on the timestamp of the post I was at my office using Chrome, as I always do. However, I think a Chrome update was installed yesterday, and even though this does not affect cookies I suppose it could have altered my fingerprint enough to prompt American Express to display the better offer.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:21 am
Suspended

25k MR posted and available as soon as the charge that bumped me over $2,000 posted.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
25k MR posted and available as soon as the charge that bumped me over $2,000 posted.
Did your offer have
"OFFER TERMS
If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product."

assume you have open other AMX cards
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SPLP007
Did your offer have
"OFFER TERMS
If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product."

assume you have open other AMX cards
Yes, that's standard. As MIA said, ignore it. You won't be affected unless you're just someone with really really horrendous luck.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Or have had the exact card before.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:44 am
mia

Originally Posted by mhdena
Or have had the exact card before.
There are two separate considerations. The once-in-a-lifetime policy is enforced, and is distinct from the any card policy which is not. Please read the Wikipost of this thread for more details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etime-usa.html
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:59 am

I wonder if this offer will stick around until November....
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by compddd
I wonder if this offer will stick around until November....
Unlikely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.