Amex Everyday (free) 15-25,000 Point Signup Bonus.

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 17, 7:44 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: vah4883
Wiki Link
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

There is also an offer for the Everyday Preferred ($95 annual fee) discussed in THIS thread.

Please use this thread to discuss the OFFER. To learn about Everyday cards, please see the established thread:

American Express Everyday Cards
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 17, 15, 10:09 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, SPG & Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
This card is so easy to hit the 20x per billing statement it's laughable. Just go to your phone company and do 20 separate $1.00 transactions.

Not so fast, check the terms and conditions,

"Some merchants combine separate charges into a single transaction before submitting it to us. When this happens, the combined transaction will count as a single purchase for purposes of counting towards 20 separate purchases. For example, if you charge three items to your Card at the same online merchant at three separate times over one or more days, the merchant may combine those three charges and submit them as a single transaction. In that case, that combined transaction will count as one purchase."
Old Sep 17, 15, 10:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
Not so fast, check the terms and conditions,

"Some merchants combine separate charges into a single transaction before submitting it to us. When this happens, the combined transaction will count as a single purchase for purposes of counting towards 20 separate purchases. For example, if you charge three items to your Card at the same online merchant at three separate times over one or more days, the merchant may combine those three charges and submit them as a single transaction. In that case, that combined transaction will count as one purchase."
Let's see if that happens. If not, I'll have to run to a few different gas pumps in town and charge $.01 at each one.
Old Sep 17, 15, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jk2 View Post
I can see 25K offer in both chrome/FF incognito, however after filling application, it says "our systems do not response" or something like that. Should I wait and apply again?
The same thing happened to me, but when I checked my email, it turned out I had an approval email. Double check your inbox just in case.
Old Sep 17, 15, 4:00 pm

This card is so easy to hit the 20x per billing statement it's laughable. Just go to your phone company and do 20 separate $1.00 transactions.
Let's see if that happens. If not, I'll have to run to a few different gas pumps in town and charge $.01 at each one.
I do Amazon reloads for $0.50 to meet the transactions.
Old Sep 17, 15, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
So I did this this morning for the no-fee ED card, incognito, 25K points, and it worked.

This was the penultimate step in my choreography:

-- Get the Plat and pocket 100K points
-- Buy $200 of gift cards in Dec.; another $200 in Jan.; get reimbursed $400 in total
-- Wait for transfer bonus to Avios; duly transfer 100K points in Jan. and get 140K Avios
-- Wait for ED card bonus to go up to 25K; get the card; wait 48 hours for accounts to 100% link-up and so preserve my points in perpetuity (I have 5K points still at Amex)
-- Kill the Plat before the fee is due (this is where I am now in the process)
-- Cash in the Avios for 20k/round trip tickets to the East Coast/West Coast from DFW (haven't done this yet)

So that's what I've learned on Flyer talk. That and get the Prestige Card. I did call this afternoon to confirm the 25K offer for me actually works. Also, to clarify the above, I'm a committed AA "hub captive" flyer, whence the emphasis on Avios as my points "exit."

Last edited by FallenPlat; Sep 17, 15 at 4:25 pm
Old Sep 17, 15, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Received card today, 7 calendar days from apply. Not as fancy or fast, arrived in regular envelop, not like other Amex cards arriving in Express package in 2 days.
Old Sep 17, 15, 9:59 pm

I applied on the 12th, called yesterday since i have a security statement on my Credit account, got approved over the phone, the CSR asked me if i want the card soon, i said sure, he put a rush on it, i got an email from UPS that it will be delivered tomorrow. that's less than 48 hours from my approval, not too bad.
Old Sep 18, 15, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by FallenPlat View Post
So I did this this morning for the no-fee ED card, incognito, 25K points, and it worked.

This was the penultimate step in my choreography:

-- Get the Plat and pocket 100K points
-- Buy $200 of gift cards in Dec.; another $200 in Jan.; get reimbursed $400 in total
-- Wait for transfer bonus to Avios; duly transfer 100K points in Jan. and get 140K Avios
-- Wait for ED card bonus to go up to 25K; get the card; wait 48 hours for accounts to 100% link-up and so preserve my points in perpetuity (I have 5K points still at Amex)
-- Kill the Plat before the fee is due (this is where I am now in the process)
-- Cash in the Avios for 20k/round trip tickets to the East Coast/West Coast from DFW (haven't done this yet)

So that's what I've learned on Flyer talk. That and get the Prestige Card. I did call this afternoon to confirm the 25K offer for me actually works. Also, to clarify the above, I'm a committed AA "hub captive" flyer, whence the emphasis on Avios as my points "exit."
Well played sir or madam, well played. I also stand ready to cancel my platinum now that I have the ED to preserve my MR points.
Old Sep 18, 15, 9:42 am

I am not sure if you know this or not; but the transfer rate to avios is going to be 1000:800 avios starting this October

You probably want to read this thread
Old Sep 18, 15, 9:45 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
I am not sure if you know this or not; but the transfer rate to avios is going to be 1000:800 avios starting this October
I believe FallenPlat made the transfer in January 2015, when there was a bonus.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24262565-post3.html
Old Sep 18, 15, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by mia View Post
I believe FallenPlat made the transfer in January 2015, when there was a bonus.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24262565-post3.html
Sorry i miss read that, thought he is waiting for the next bonus cycle.
Old Sep 18, 15, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
worked for me... cleared history & cookies, then pasted the link in a different browser. (IE)

Question: should I add this card to my existing MR account, or should I create a NEW online account for this card?
Old Sep 18, 15, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Yes, last January. So the effective devaluation is 1.4 down to 0.8, or 43%. Given that my chosen Amex points "exit" is AA via BA Avios, that's quite a hit to the value of the Platinum card for me. So I've become a Citi Prestige fan.

And to answer the question, yes, absolutely, you should attach the new card to your existing one(s). There's no downside that I'm aware of, and there are the twin upsides of efficiency and preservation of points should you cancel a card. They don't take away the 25K offer.

Last edited by FallenPlat; Sep 18, 15 at 12:44 pm
Old Sep 18, 15, 12:42 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by bajrbajr View Post
...should I add this card to my existing MR account, or should I create a NEW online account for this card?
Creating a separate online account does not determine whether it is linked to the same Membership Rewards account. In most case the link to the existing MR account will occur automatically, and in most cases this is desireable because this free card will preserve your ability to transfer points earned with all cards to airline programs, even if you close the card which earned the points.
Old Sep 19, 15, 9:25 am

Programs: Hilton: DIA, SPG: Gold, WN: CP, UA: Silver, Marriott: Platinum
I recently applied for the Everyday NF card on 13th of Sept. Because of another application I received a "Congratulations" email on Wednesday the 16th and immediately started to call to be moved to the 25K points offer. Has anybody had any luck in switching from the 10K offer to the 25K offer? What phone number did you call? I've called 4 different times with no luck.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: