Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Personal "Blue from American Express" Cards being converted to Everyday.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal "Blue from American Express" Cards being converted to Everyday.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:44 pm
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Exclamation Personal "Blue from American Express" Cards being converted to Everyday.

My SO received an interesting piece of mail from Amex today informing him that his (old but seldom used) Blue Card was going to be converted to an Amex Everyday later this month. Interestingly, there was no option to call in to stop the conversion if he wasn't interested.

Now, with the introduction of the Amex Everyday card last year, I really don't see a place for the Blue card in Amex's portfolio, and I'm curious whether we'll eventually see the discontinuation of this product.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
One previous report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25272571-post687.html
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:11 pm
mia

Another report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25478206-post103.html
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And another report (from oopl): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25490139-post693.html (post 693)

And yet another report (from AlexTheMan about his wife): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25489630-post107.html (post 107)
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:20 pm

wonder what happens if you already have the everyday card?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If I were an Amex Blue cardholder and didn't have an Everday Amex I'd open one now with the 25000 mr point bonus before they auto enroll you into the account and you're blocked from getting the bonus.

Same thing if it's the Blue Cash card.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:12 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Same thing if it's the Blue Cash card.
The accounts that are being converted are Blue from American Express. These earn Membership Rewards Express points.

I have not seen any report of conversion of any type of Blue Cash cards, but at some point they might convert the original Blue Cash cards to the newer Blue Cash Everyday product.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:05 pm

What about blue sky?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:02 am
mia

Originally Posted by Jesperss
What about blue sky?
Blue Sky cards have their own rewards program, nothing to do with Membership Rewards.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by mia
Blue Sky cards have their own rewards program, nothing to do with Membership Rewards.
I called up CS and they told me that the Blue Sky was being converted as well...
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:58 pm

Argh, I don't want to lose the bonus and it's not a good time to apply. I canceled it. Although there were other reports, I did not read those threads because they weren't about Blue. I appreciate the post.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:09 pm

I hope they are not gonna convert my 6% at grocery stores Blue Preferred Cash card.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:16 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Jesperss
I called up CS and they told me that the Blue Sky was being converted as well...
Wow… really? I'm excited about this… I've been trying to get Amex to PC my Blue Sky into Everyday, and they've told me repeatedly it's not possible. Looks like I may have what I want after all. Is there any way to find out if this will happen for me / speed up the process?

Are Blue Skye points automatically converted into MR points?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:09 pm

Are Blue for Business cards being left as-is?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
Are Blue for Business cards being left as-is?
A few thoughts:

1. Less than 10 people so far have reported that their personal Blue card were (or are being) converted to Everyday.

2. Aren't there way fewer Blue for Business cardholders than personal Blue cardholders? If 1/20 as many, for example, then proportionally you'd expect statistically less than 1 person to report (and thus quite possibly zero people) so far even if it were happening. So I'd say it's a bit early to say, if even for the more common personal Blue card there are only a handful of reports so far.

3. OTOH, why would Amex convert a business card to a personal card? So is there an Everyday for Business card? If not, what new business card that's roughly equivalent to Everyday could they convert Blue for Business cards to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.