Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
True. Just as a reminder, though - don't click on a bloggers' referral link for any credit card (ever).
Best links are always here on FT. ^
Saverocity donates all of its referral payouts to a charity selected by its forum members each quarter. I'd rather have the credit card company pay out to that than use a non-referral link.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: Too many to list
So no-one is able to replicate this on-line any longer?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
So no-one is able to replicate this on-line any longer?
Correct.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: Multiple
I got the SPG card last week. Called this evening and was on hold for 45min. Rep said a ton of people were calling to get this card. The whole call took exactly 60min. Provided PUID to be eligible. Instantly approved on the phone.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:42 am

What number are you guys calling to apply? I can't find the phone number to apply.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:56 am

Would appreciate a phone number +1

Also, did you just ask the phone agent to match the online 100k offer?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by ConcreteVitamin
Would appreciate a phone number +1

Also, did you just ask the phone agent to match the online 100k offer?
To apply, call 800-243-3888
The agent might ask you for the POID for the 100k sign up bonus, which is BUIU:0001

I applied about 5 hours ago and it worked. Best of luck.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by khl3657
The agent might ask you for the POID for the 100k sign up bonus, which is BUIU:0001

Thanks!

How hard is it to apply for cards at this level? My current possession: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, IHG, Hyatt, Marriott; Citi Premier. Basically all cards have an AF around $100. Credit score around ~730-750.

Just wanna know if I should even try!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by ConcreteVitamin
Thanks!

How hard is it to apply for cards at this level? My current possession: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, IHG, Hyatt, Marriott; Citi Premier. Basically all cards have an AF around $100. Credit score around ~730-750.

Just wanna know if I should even try!
People reported they are getting the card even at 6 handle credit score. Anyway, this is a charge card and AE is really not extending you any credit, you have to pay off the balance every month. May be this will make it easier.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:31 am

I tried to pull up the offer online since 2 nights ago but was unsuccessful after hundreds of tries over 4 browsers. I then heard of the call-in option and that worked gloriously. The rep asked for the code and then also why I was interested in this card. If you don't already, good to have your reasons prepared and ready to explain to the rep (ie lounge access, global entry credit, etc...it has a bunch of benefits so this shouldn't be too hard) and why they are important.

The only thing is that it is reasonable to expect to be on the phone for a total of over 30 mins (my call took 45), with hold times and the rep explaining the terms. I prefer online apps, but the good thing with this process is that the rep confirms the offer right then and there...
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:58 am

Sorry for the confusion. I'm only applying for one Platinum card with the 100k bonus. The second card that I'm referring to is either the EveryDay card or SPG. By doing so, it'll only count as one credit inquiry instead of two.

Regarding that, do I basically have 24 hours to apply for an additional card without having another credit inquiry? The agent that I spoke with just transferred me to another agent, but I didn't want to wait for another hour so I hang up. And is it possible to apply the additional card online, or do I have to apply by phone again to avoid any additional credit inquiry? I asked the agent the same question, but he doesn't seem to know the answer. I applied around 8pm PDT. Can anyone charm in on that? Thank you.
Does anyone know the answer, if the single credit pull based on a 24 hour period from the time of the first application, or does it have to be the same day (and if so, what time zone)? Still haven't applied for the second card yet. If it's 24 hours from the first application, then I might apply for the second card. Otherwise I missed the one pull opportunity already. Thank you.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:03 am

Does anyone know the answer, if the single credit pull based on a 24 hour period from the time of the first application, or does it have to be the same day (and if so, what time zone)? Still haven't applied for the second card yet. If it's 24 hours from the first application, then I might apply for the second card. Otherwise I missed the one pull opportunity already. Thank you.
I dont know about AMEX, but I applied and was accepted for CSP last night, and already got a notice this morning from Credit Karma that there was a hard pull.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:23 am

Applied for the MB Plat about six months ago and still have the card active... I don't want to miss an opportunity to get the 100k for the personal since the bonuses are once a lifetime. Think I should cancel the MB and apply for this? Any other good reason I should have two if the CSR asks?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:08 am

I tried to apply online and after numerous unsuccessful attempts I accepted defeat. Called Amex on number provided above. It took about an hour for an agent to respond and after brief discussion about why I wanted to apply for the Platinum card he offered me 40,000 points. I told him I thought the offer was for 100,000 points and at that time he asked me if I had promotional code. I promptly gave him BUIU:0001 and it worked for 100,000 points. So, be prepared to give this code they will ask for it.

Note: My phone application was done this morning 8/28 around 8:30

Thank you khl3657.Thank you all. Thank you flyerTalk

Last edited by Habsone; Aug 28, 2015 at 8:39 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Habsone
I tried to apply online and after numerous unsuccessful attempts I accepted defeat. Called Amex on number provided above. It took about an hour for an agent to respond and after brief discussion about why I wanted to apply for the Platinum card he offered me 40,000 points. I told him I thought the offer was for 100,000 points and at that time he asked me if I had promotional code. I promptly gave him BUIU:0001 and it worked for 100,000 points. So, be prepared to give this code they will ask for it.

Thank you khl3657.Thank you all. Thank you flyerTalk
I can confirm this is happening and I went through an identical process, 2 hours on the phone total. They are well aware that everyone is calling in, so just say you saw the 100k offer, give the BUIU:0001 POID and then they will start the app process!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.