Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN
Just got approved on the phone (thanks OP for # as well). I asked for the Platinum card without mentioning the 100K offer. CSR asks why I'm interested - mentioned Centurion Lounge and the airline credit. CSR then offered me the 40K one. I said I saw the 100K one one the internet and asked if they had that. He double checked where I saw that...then proceeded through without the code.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by skiwindham
... new terms clearly state ....
This language is not new with this offer, it dates back to at least March 2014. Business cards have no effect on eligibility for personal card new account bonuses.

Last edited by mia; Aug 27, 2015 at 10:17 am
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mia
This language is not new with this offer. Business cards have no effect on eligibility for personal card new account bonuses.
The language IS new with this offer.
As a very long time user and churner of Amex cards, business and personal, I have paid close attention to promotional details.
This is the first time Amex is explicitly excluding those that have registered any card with their platinum program at any time. It makes NO distinction between personal and business.
It is nevertheless possible Amex won't enforce this new exclusion. But anyone who ever had a platinum Amex card, personal or business, is taking a leap of faith that Amex will still issue the 100k points.
Simply because you are approved for the card does not assure they will issue the points.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:29 am
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Originally Posted by milaohu
It seems the link doesn't work.
This is really a HOT deal.
Why no blogger posted this?!
Originally Posted by dugup46
A guy over at Reddit found it by mistake, made the post. FT seems to be the source of 99% of information, so I think it just flew under the radar for the most part. Since the offer was only available yesterday, it's already dead - nothing else to really report.

People have reported when they called in that "The website had a technical glitch yesterday" and that there is nothing else they can do other than offer the 40,000 points. HOWEVER, some people are getting the 100k offer over the phone after numerous phone calls.
AFAIK, this broke sometime in the afternoon yesterday, and two blogs posted this last night... FM quick deals and Doc of Credit. If you are on twitter, you would have seen plenty of references to this deal. Anyway, it seems like an online glitch that they have fixed around midnight ET. It is clearly dead online, and mostly dead on the phone as well.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:33 am

Just got approved over the phone too. CSR knew about it and was happy to handle the application. AMEX combines hard pulls right? Recommendations on what other card I should add? Already have the PRG and SPG. Go for the Business PRG (75k)?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Applied over phone, got thru after 15 min on hold, but then got denied on the spot! It was noisy and I wasn't clear as to whether this is an outright denial, or a "this needs further review". Either way I should probably call recon right?

Originally Posted by thoughts1053
Just got approved over the phone too. CSR knew about it and was happy to handle the application. AMEX combines hard pulls right? Recommendations on what other card I should add? Already have the PRG and SPG. Go for the Business PRG (75k)?
Do you have the Biz SPG? The Biz PRG is $10K spend, no? Last time I got FR'd trying to make the spend...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by levilevi
Getting no where online - phone wait 20 mins +
Originally Posted by vivrant
No luck online. Was on hold just now for about 15 mins. I'm giving up
Originally Posted by cjwong88
Just got approved on the phone (thanks OP for # as well). I asked for the Platinum card without mentioning the 100K offer. CSR asks why I'm interested - mentioned Centurion Lounge and the airline credit. CSR then offered me the 40K one. I said I saw the 100K one one the internet and asked if they had that. He double checked where I saw that...then proceeded through without the code.
Originally Posted by thoughts1053
Hung on hold some more - 25 mins - agent was friendly, originally said targetted, but I said I saw on americanexpress.com - he searched, go it - ALSO, I have Amex Biz Plat - he put me on hold for 2 minutes to double check 100k eligibility on personal - came back and VERIFIED I'D GET 100k MR with 3k SPEND EVEN WITH BIZ PLAT active.

As others say, slow reading disclosures, but already have approval email.
Deal still alive on the phone

Last edited by levilevi; Aug 27, 2015 at 10:48 am
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by skiwindham
The language IS new with this offer.
Reported HERE in March 2014.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by AwardBee
Applied over phone, got thru after 15 min on hold, but then got denied on the spot! It was noisy and I wasn't clear as to whether this is an outright denial, or a "this needs further review". Either way I should probably call recon right?

Do you have the Biz SPG? The Biz PRG is $10K spend, no? Last time I got FR'd trying to make the spend...

Don't have Biz SPG. My wife (who I'm also getting this card for) got a targeted 75k / $2k spend in the mail. So we both need another card to apply for with the Plat.

The targeted offer is good till 10/23 so maybe I should hold onto it till then and get something different for the both of us.

Edit: She also got a targeted offer for Biz Plat 100k for $5k spend good till 9/25.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vivrant
No luck online. Was on hold just now for about 15 mins. I'm giving up
Just called again after seeing these other data points of people getting approved. The rep initially presented me with the 40k offer, I told him that I saw the 100k offer on the web but I was in transit at the moment. He said "no problem, I can honor that." ^

Even though I gave him details from another Amex, he still needed a bunch of information to process -- but success at the end, I was approved!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Approved!!!

Thank you so much OP!
I was denied (rep couldn't find the deal) on the first try but with no issues on the 2nd time.
Keep trying and have faith people!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: DL, US
Just called, no wait time and was approved for 100k bonus. I asked the agent about the 100k offer and she said yes. Pretty easy. The card will be sent by 8/31.

Last edited by dknn; Aug 27, 2015 at 12:12 pm
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:01 pm

Still Available!

Just called in. ~20 minute hold, friendly rep answered and asked what I was applying for. Told him about the 100K offer I saw this morning for spending 3k in 3 months, and that I was interested in the Centurion lounge/Airline credit/TSA Pre benefits since I travel a lot.

He pulled the offer up without any question and we used the info from my PRG to apply. My app is pending so I'm hoping to get emailed with the approval sometime today. Thanks for the heads up everyone!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:25 pm

If I have Mercedez Benz Personal Platinum, am I still eligible for Personal Platinum 100k offer?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:32 pm

My husband got approved with the second call.
He didn't mention the 100,000 points offer in the beginning.

After the Rep said she can offer 40,000 points, he told her he saw a 100K offer online last night but he couldn't find the link this morning anymore when he wanted to apply.
The Reps said " I can assist with you for the 100K points offer"

She asked him many questions such as
"why do you want to apply for this card?" and
"How much you will spend on this card"

After 15 minutes, his application got approved!.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.