Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
Originally Posted by kannon99
Just about ready to throw in the towel. I have been trying the last hour using 3 different computers and cell phone. Tried private mode on Firefox, chrome, IE, and safari, all mutiple times and still no luck.
i just checked it again. 100K offer came up after 2nd attempt in chome private
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:58 pm

Just about ready to throw in the towel. I have been trying the last hour using 3 different computers and cell phone. Tried private mode on Firefox, chrome, IE, and safari, all mutiple times and still no luck.
same here...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
How are people getting around this? Is this being enforced?

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had a Platinum Card® account enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:03 pm

DW and I approved instantly just now.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA
The wife applied and was approved for this 100k offer. We weren't planning to do it after she got the PRG 50k offer about 2 months ago too, but 100k is too hard to resist
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:09 pm

Has anyone tried doing the $200 reimbursement with Delta gift cards? Trying to figure out the correct method that needs to be done. Just got the Platinum card yesterday and this is my first Amex so I'm new to this.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by tonykline1947
going into private also raises prg offer from 25K to 50K. got approved for that one too.

Thats awesome. Do you still have the link handy? Was it personal or business?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: free agent
start to get little crazy by click and close chrome/safari/firefox private browsers too many time then finally 100,000 show up .
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by thecompdude
How are people getting around this? Is this being enforced?

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had a Platinum Card® account enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program.
Wondering the same thing. I canceled my Plat card a few months ago and ran to apply for this one without reading the fine print.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:28 pm

A few data points:

Couldn't get the 100k offer to show in chrome incognito after trying 5 times, so I tried Private Browsing in Firefox and it worked on the first try.

Instant approval.

During the application process, I did not use the 'express application for existing card members' option. I filled everything in manually.

Got the approval email before the webpage even showed I was approved! ha

I received the Business Platinum 150k (signed up early may and met the deadline of $15k spend just under 3 months- the second 50k batch of points for the offer posted 2 days after hitting goal, while the first 100k batch of points took weeks)

I also received the personal Amex SPG 30k card a week ago.

No other amex cards.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:31 pm

I really want to get this for my wife and myself, but I'm looking to finance a car within a week or 2. Should I hold off on applying until after I have the car or get the CC first before going for the car loan? CK and Amex have my scores around 790-820.

Also, my wife has offers for 100k Bus Plat and 75k bus PRG. Which cards (if any) should I pair with our apps? I have the personal PRG and cancelled SPG. My wife has never applied for AMEX before.

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by cloney
same here...

Just ended up calling in and was offered the 100k offer.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:40 pm

Just ended up calling in and was offered the 100k offer.
Did the same thing and got approved instantly ! should get the card tomorrow or friday the latest.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by thoughts1053
I really want to get this for my wife and myself, but I'm looking to finance a car within a week or 2. Should I hold off on applying until after I have the car or get the CC first before going for the car loan? CK and Amex have my scores around 790-820.

Also, my wife has offers for 100k Bus Plat and 75k bus PRG. Which cards (if any) should I pair with our apps? I have the personal PRG and cancelled SPG. My wife has never applied for AMEX before.

Thanks!
CreditKarma is a FAKO score, while Amex shows you a FICO score. I'd think you should have no problem financing a car at an excellent rate with a FICO score in that range, regardless of whether you apply for this card or not. Generally the best rates are for 720-730+, with no incrementally better rates for being higher than that.

Amex will likely pull a report from one credit bureau, which may or may not be different than the bureau pulled when you apply for the auto financing. (And if you're applying for financing through the dealer, don't let them shotgun your credit all over the place). So they may not even see the inquiry from applying for this card. Even if they do, it shouldn't matter. Unless you have a multitude of other recent credit applications in the mix, I'd just apply. This is a very valuable offer and who knows how long it will be around.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:45 pm

Tried with Chrome in Incognito mode for about 30 minutes. No luck. Tried Internet explorer. No luck. Downloaded Firefox (which I didn't previously have). On first try I still got the 40k offer. Second try, I got the 100k offer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.